shape
carat
color
clarity

In a few days will you watch Megan, Harry, and Oprah?

Will you watch Megan, Harry, and Oprah?

• Absolutely yes

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Probably

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • If I'm not busy

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Mabye

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Probably not

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • No

Votes: 54 48.6%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well at least someone in the extended family has good manners

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Apparently between 7 & 9 million US paid for the interview.... :sick::oops2::wall::angryfire:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisys and Diamonds - above you said that two hours seems long, but I'm guessing the time will be padded with about a million ads! I expect that the actual amount of time they spend talking will end up as a fraction of the two hours.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably, from behind the sofa peeking through my hands, like I did with Silence of the Lambs.
Haha, that sounds like me, except I couldn't ever bring myself to watch Silence of the Lambs!!!

I don’t like them anymore.
when they first met I thought, that’s beautiful. Harry was always a bit of a lost soul and Megs seemed to make him shine.
then they went yuk.
I completely understand how the press has haunted and pursued Harry all his life but Megan was an actress, she thrives on attention. But it has to be attention she can control.
she wants to be special and important but on her terms.
She has turned Harry into a lap dog.
Yes, let’s hate the press, let’s hate the intrusion into our personal lives except when it suits us.
Lets wear expensive clothes, expensive jewellery, fly first class or on private planes while we champion for the poor and overlooked.
Let’s complain and moan about the awful time we had being royal while we make sure our “royalty” gets us influential and fancy friends and benefits.
Megs didn’t want to be a third tier Royal, standing two rows back from the limelight she wanted to be front row, Centre of attention.
I feel desperately sad for Harry. I just hope his love for Megs and his growing family is enough consolation for losing everything else he knew and loved.
This.

I will probably watch. I've followed the Royal Family for decades. Meghan never gave me the warm fuzzies. Her relationship with Harry was too fast - was she just groveling at the bit to marry into the world's most famous family a little too fast? She had to know what she was getting into. Harry of all people knew as well. I think she thought she could do as she pleased and change the old guard. Not a chance, haha! They bolted when things got tough. And I do realize the UK press was awful to her. Harry claiming the press killed his mother and then turn around and use the press to further their personal agenda - well to me that stinks. Go live your life and seek the peace you said you wanted.
And this.

Because of my interest in the Royal family and historical dramas (I love The Crown, Victoria, etc.), I will likely watch. But I will record it so I can fast forward through the commercials and any irritating parts. Meghan wasn't 19 when she got married. She was in her mid-30's and knew exactly what she was getting into. No sympathy from me for her as she is so completely self-centered. I feel sad for Harry losing everything, but it was also his choice. It will be interesting to see if they make it long term. I hope they do and will be very happy. I just wish they'd avoid all that publicity they claim to hate, however, I want to see how much she says negative about his family in this interview (with his 99 year old grandfather in the hospital!). I thought it was awful that they made the baby announcement when poor Eugenie hadn't even announced her newborn's name!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's unfair, short-sided, and shows a lack of thinking when posters say that they hated publicity, but now they want it.

Really? :doh:
Who wouldn't hate cameras and reporters that spy for ugly things to publish that make big money for the paparazzi, reporters, and the rags?

Who wouldn't love showing and saying what they choose to say directly to the public, and getting paid big money for doing it?

I can't say I blame them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisys and Diamonds - above you said that two hours seems long, but I'm guessing the time will be padded with about a million ads! I expect that the actual amount of time they spend talking will end up as a fraction of the two hours.

Good point
Someone's got to pay for the thing

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade please drag me away from here :lol:

Hahahaha.

I believe the truth will prevail. Let them have fun while they can. In the meantime I won’t be contributing to the show ratings.

As an employee myself, I would say that no team resigns like that unless it’s an exceedingly toxic environment. The cause can only be guessed at for now. Ykwim.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I happen to come across it, and I don't have to pay for it, I am sure I will stop and watch. I like Oprah's style, and I prefer to hear and learn about people directly from they themselves. There is a lot of judgement surrounding them (that is easily picked up wether you follow them closely or not - I do not), but if that judgement is largely based upon other sources, then it's hardly founded. I try to avoid that kind of judgement, as it is often grossly misguided and missing quite a bit of (real!) information.

My feeling - based on this very unfounded judgement gleaned from sources other than Harry and Meghan themselves - is that the two of them are well-matched for each other and that they are poorly matched for the life Harry was born into. I don't hate or despise them for wanting to live their one very precious life authentically. I would be curious and interested to hear their perspective and also how they present it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if recording it contributes to the ratings. Does anyone know? I wouldn't be watching it live. I rarely watch anything live so I can fast forward through commercials.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if recording it contributes to the ratings. Does anyone know? I wouldn't be watching it live. I rarely watch anything live so I can fast forward through commercials.

I think it does @diamondseeker2006 but perhaps when you actually watch it.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will DVR it so I can fast forward past the commercials. Not a fan of theirs bu, after watching The Crown, I will admit am a tad fascinated with the Royals and their lives.
What rubs me the wrong way is Meghan pretending she knew nothing of the royals when she was young, even when friends dispute this. Also, she knew what she was marrying into and yet has created quite the riff in the family. 9EE1CEE9-CBA0-4A34-8CE8-8455F750B161.gif

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
We are recording it and plan to watch it so we can skip commercials. I have always followed the royals and have a soft spot for Harry. He has hated the press his entire life, this is not new since Meghan came along. I think there is a difference between the press back home vs the American press. Can you imagine living with the fear everyday that your wife and son may be killed like your mother was? Whether that is what happened or not, that is his perspective.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may need to change my vote. It's a choice between Harry & Meghan, The Voice rerun, NBA All Start Game or American Idol :think:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will DVR it so I can fast forward past the commercials. Not a fan of theirs bu, after watching The Crown, I will admit am a tad fascinated with the Royals and their lives.
What rubs me the wrong way is Meghan pretending she knew nothing of the royals when she was young, even when friends dispute this. Also, she knew what she was marrying into and yet has created quite the riff in the family. 9EE1CEE9-CBA0-4A34-8CE8-8455F750B161.gif

I think the most schooled up inlaw of the Windsors was Sarah Dutchess of York
she is a real history buff
Yet that didn't turn out very well either
Meghan just jumped right in and didn't seem to want to listen
I dpnt think she trully understood the place of the spare
i mean by the time he got married, Harry wasn't even the spare any longer

Sophie Wessex is my favourite supporting royal and as has already been mentioned she had a horrible time with the press and she was very unfavorably compaired to Diana only a couple of years after her death

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will say my opinion softened on them a bit after watching the interview. I felt that they expressed their problems without throwing his family under the bus for the most part.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg just this morning I was raving about what a bunch of whiners I thought they were.... NOT ANYMORE

I'll admit I assumed that by joining the royal family you have to bow down on a lot of stuff but some of the things revealed.... No one should have to tolerate that. I can understand now why they did what they did and why they gave this interview.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will say my opinion softened on them a bit after watching the interview. I felt that they expressed their problems without throwing his family under the bus for the most part.

In all honesty i suspect this will be me
he is Princess Diana's son

Gary is reading sound bits to me to try to get me to stop crying over Tibby
i think he's going to watch it

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I can yes. I wanna hear the tea. It's escape... I get to turn my brain off. I just read about it, the allegations of racism, lack of support and understanding for mental health issues. Can't say this surprises me.

Last edited:

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
Well... I’m calling bull....
Archie wasn’t going to be a prince... neither are Anne’s children.
Spare not Heir....
I’m not buying it...
Many other thoughts but none in their favour so I won’t continue....

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Didn’t watch but I read a summary. There are truths and lies mixed inside. Two which are clearly untruthful and unfortunately I think the average American will be unaware of:

1. Only the grandchildren of the monarch automatically becomes a prince/princess, not the great grandchildren. So when Prince Charles becomes the king, Archie will be a prince. An exception was made for Prince William’s children but he’s in direct line of succession for throne as is his firstborn. I think through some sort of patent or declaration by the Queen. Princess Anne and Prince Edward’s children are not princes or princesses (even though they are eligible as grandchildren of the Queen) as Princess Anne and Prince Edward asked for them not to be prince/princess.

2. Security is not paid by the royal family. When they were in UK, I think the British government paid for security. When they were on holiday in Canada, it was the Canadians. When they were no longer a working royal, neither government were obliged to pay. It was causing some unhappiness amongst the citizens of both countries and I remember was widely reported.

And my personal opinion... I stopped taking money from my parents when I graduated and starting working. Both of them are in their 30’s when they wanted to be independent. I don’t think their parents or the royal family should be obliged to pay for them. That’s my working class mentality and clearly I’m not a trust fund baby. But anyway Prince Harry always had inheritance from his mother and great grandmother (?) and as a multi-millionaire he’s far from destitute. So... him complaining about being cut off from royal funds? So entitled.

Anyway it seems like they are both happy now and I’m glad for them. And also happy for them that they are getting a little girl to complete the family.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Didn’t watch but I read a summary. There are truths and lies mixed inside. Two which are clearly untruthful and unfortunately I think the average American will be unaware of:

1. Only the grandchildren of the monarch automatically becomes a prince/princess, not the great grandchildren. So when Prince Charles becomes the king, Archie will be a prince. An exception was made for Prince William’s children but he’s in direct line of succession for throne as is his firstborn. I think through some sort of patent or declaration by the Queen. Princess Anne and Prince Edward’s children are not princes or princesses (even though they are eligible as grandchildren of the Queen) as Princess Anne and Prince Edward asked for them not to be prince/princess.

2. Security is not paid by the royal family. When they were in UK, I think the British government paid for security. When they were on holiday in Canada, it was the Canadians. When they were no longer a working royal, neither government were obliged to pay. It was causing some unhappiness amongst the citizens of both countries and I remember was widely reported.

And my personal opinion... I stopped taking money from my parents when I graduated and starting working. Both of them are in their 30’s when they wanted to be independent. I don’t think their parents or the royal family should be obliged to pay for them. That’s my working class mentality and clearly I’m not a trust fund baby. But anyway Prince Harry always had inheritance from his mother and great grandmother (?) and as a multi-millionaire he’s far from destitute. So... him complaining about being cut off from royal funds? So entitled.

Anyway it seems like they are both happy now and I’m glad for them. And also happy for them that they are getting a little girl to complete the family.

I read a summary. I also thought it to be weird complaining about funds when at the same time wearing a designer dress worth 5000. But oh well. And true, Archie was never to be prince. Nor are Anne‘s children, right? Shouldn’t Harry have known this? What I particularly do not like (since my mother in law does this all the time as well) - putting accusations in the room but then not be willing to tell who did what exactly. No use doing that.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Princess Anne and Prince Edward’s children are not princes or princesses (even though they are eligible as grandchildren of the Queen) as Princess Anne and Prince Edward asked for them not to be prince/princess.

Archie was never to be prince. Nor are Anne‘s children, right? Shouldn’t Harry have known this?

Oops you are right! Princess Anne’s kids were never meant to be prince/princess. But Prince Edward’s kids should have been. And yes, Harry should have known about how it all works. That’s why ultimately I just feel sad for the Queen.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
She appeared to be ridiculously ignorant and unprepared to join the royal family. Wanted all of the upside of being famous and marrying a prince without understanding a fraction of what was involved.

Archie and the new one will automatically be HRH / Prince or princess as soon as Charles ascends the throne. Unless their parents ask for them NOT to be. No need for a baby to be given a title.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
She appeared to be ridiculously ignorant and unprepared to join the royal family. Wanted all of the upside of being famous and marrying a prince without understanding a fraction of what was involved.

Archie and the new one will automatically be HRH / Prince or princess as soon as Charles ascends the throne. Unless their parents ask for them NOT to be. No need for a baby to be given a title.

I am wondering now if they meant, that they had them renounce to Archie becoming Prince after Charles becomes king? Otherwise their statement just does not make any sense as Harry would know the protocol.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did Meghan really say that she didn’t study beforehand (except googling national songs when need be) of what protocol was expected of her, she actually assumed Harry would tell her everything she needed to know.
aside from no statements of media protection from the firm
and no security protection
it seemed saying that (while H not sitting there) her not being told/guided what was expected of her (as Kate was groomed her entire life) is a big point. Or I took it wrong.

the repeated we aren’t doing this to out anyone nor advertise their new causes
seemed false on both counts.
not saying I disagree, but the disclaimers seemed unnecessary and will probably undermine their intent.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am wondering now if they meant, that they had them renounce to Archie becoming Prince after Charles becomes king? Otherwise their statement just does not make any sense as Harry would know the protocol.

I understood it as they wanted Archie to have the title when he was born because that supposedly would give him security. It seemed to be a major concern that they were losing security when they stepped down as working royals. It was clear they wanted to remain part-time working royals to keep the benefits, but the queen said all or nothing.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have not watched the interview but caught some of the highlights from the different media outlets. I commend Harry for standing by this wife. Best of luck to their family in California. I do wonder how much Kate has been enduring all these years and how happy/miserable she really is...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results