shape
carat
color
clarity

Impulse purchases (not just bling related)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you dear missy
your such a kind and genuine person

the visit went mostly ok
id rather it was you coming to visit

Aww I wish I was coming to visit you too. Or perhaps you visiting me. Once RW gate is over. Please please please let that be soon.:pray:
Thank you for your kind words Daisy.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
That is my favorite thing to do. Walking around and taking in the sights and sounds and smells. Pure bliss when the weather is nice or even not so nice if one is dressed properly. And the cost is free.

The nicest shops around are little holes in the wall around the old city, so walks do have monetary effects, if no real cost.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to share my latest "impulse" purchases.

karllagerfelddowncoat.jpg

It has an inner vest for more warmth. I think it will work out fine for the shore.

karllagerfelddowncoat.jpeg

I have so many winter coats but all of them in Brooklyn and I didn't want to wait til it got super cold here and have to go back to get a coat. So decided to just get one now for here. I love the color. IRL the coat and color are prettier than in the photos above IMO.

Also got a warm cycling jacket for brisk autumn days. From Arc'teryx. Tried it out the past few days but it's still in the 60s here so not a true test yet. Comfy. Not attractive but it's for cycling so it's functional.

missyandnewcyclingjacket.png

The blue faux fur jacket arrived Wednesday and it's cute. I didn't take a photo with it on yet as I just put it on super quickly and put it away as I had no time. It's very broad in the shoulders (fits well though) but that's the look so it might not be for everyone. But I am going with it and going to rock it.

And I almost forgot my latest bling impulse purchase. An AVC Moissy from Jonathan. I didn't even know I wanted one. Never did I think I wanted an AVC or a moissy. But there you go. You can thank @Starfacet for that impulse purchase haha. I cannot share it here because it's moissanite but I did share it in the Fabulous fashion jewelry section.

So yes I have been making a number of true impulse purchases as in not planning to get these but in the moment I decided yes I needed them.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

It has an inner vest for more warmth. I think it will work out fine for the shore.

I have so many winter coats but all of them in Brooklyn and I didn't want to wait til it got super cold here and have to go back to get a coat. So decided to just get one now for here. I love the color. IRL the coat and color are prettier than in the photos above IMO.

Also got a warm cycling jacket for brisk autumn days. From Arc'teryx. Tried it out the past few days but it's still in the 60s here so not a true test yet. Comfy. Not attractive but it's for cycling so it's functional.

The blue faux fur jacket arrived Wednesday and it's cute. I didn't take a photo with it on yet as I just put it on super quickly and put it away as I had no time. It's very broad in the shoulders (fits well though) but that's the look so it might not be for everyone. But I am going with it and going to rock it.

And I almost forgot my latest bling impulse purchase. An AVC Moissy from Jonathan. I didn't even know I wanted one. Never did I think I wanted an AVC or a moissy. But there you go. You can thank @Starfacet for that impulse purchase haha. I cannot share it here because it's moissanite but I did share it in the Fabulous fashion jewelry section.

So yes I have been making a number of true impulse purchases as in not planning to get these but in the moment I decided yes I needed them.

Very nice coat and great for that lakeside chill! I think shoulders are coming back in fashion.

That ring Missy, that was such a good move! It's so beautiful on you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

i love the colour
im not good with coats
i always think oh well it won't rain too much, I'll be right
i actually don't get wet much ...but im starting to feel the cold
yesterday i had a hoodie on for the first time in ages and i was standing at the bench doing dishes
Borris wandered in and she looked like she was going to run off till she realized it was just me with long sleeves on

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice coat and great for that lakeside chill! I think shoulders are coming back in fashion.

That ring Missy, that was such a good move! It's so beautiful on you!

Thank you @moneymeister ! I have to say I wear the AVC moissy more than Bubbalah right now. I am a solitaire girl at heart.

i love the colour
im not good with coats
i always think oh well it won't rain too much, I'll be right
i actually don't get wet much ...but im starting to feel the cold
yesterday i had a hoodie on for the first time in ages and i was standing at the bench doing dishes
Borris wandered in and she looked like she was going to run off till she realized it was just me with long sleeves on

LOL the cats recognize me despite all my weird outfits/head gear/sunglasses etc. But yeah at first they are startled and then they get used to it. I hate being cold and a wise person once said it's easier to stay warm than get warm (dh). So true.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
oh my
how can such beauty be so bad as to be an addiction
why is the ballet so darn expensive ?

my SIL just got back from a Euro trip with a stop in Cuba on the way home - and they never went to the ballet - didn't even know how great Cuban ballet was until they got there

i am always broke or we have a huge bill looming when tickets go on sale for the RNZB
it kills me
i am very taken by modern ballet but when the ballerinas are in their totos (excuse spelling) and get up on their toes and start twirling its all just overwelming beautiful and i have been known to be moved to tears
in fact the first time it happened i thought there must have been something wrong with me mentally
i didn't know art's job is to move people
edit i forgot to say i love you are called Odette
my OH is quite schooled up on the ballet not that he would ever let any of his friends know
when he was a wee boy he went to a primary school in the middle of wellington and the kids would get to go to the dress rehearsals of the RNZB
once he won us tickets to swan lake on ice on the radio
he said how much he enjoyed it
but unfortunately there seemed to be only one other man in the audience and the old boy looked so pleased to see Gary durring the intimition he made a bee line for Gary and started up a rather pleasent conversation

Love all of this Daisy!! I really hope you get a break on bills coming due and can make it to the RNZB. You truly love and appreciate this art! I wish the tickets were not so darn expensive. And I feel very much the same way - I appreciate modern ballet quite a bit, and I do seek it out, however, when the music/lighting is dramatic, and the ballerina is in a tutu, it is just so overwhelmingly beautiful that I get chills!! And the performance and music stays with me for a while afterwards, so I can keep on reliving those moments. I do find that videos on youtube are good to watch when I cannot see live ballet for a while.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love all of this Daisy!! I really hope you get a break on bills coming due and can make it to the RNZB. You truly love and appreciate this art! I wish the tickets were not so darn expensive. And I feel very much the same way - I appreciate modern ballet quite a bit, and I do seek it out, however, when the music/lighting is dramatic, and the ballerina is in a tutu, it is just so overwhelmingly beautiful that I get chills!! And the performance and music stays with me for a while afterwards, so I can keep on reliving those moments. I do find that videos on youtube are good to watch when I cannot see live ballet for a while.
good tip about u tube
why didn't i think of that !!!?
they had a really tv show here featuring the RNZB for a couple of seasons
im not big into reality tv but it was nice to watch
actually there was this show called so you think you can dance Australia? and it was with proffesional/highly trained/experienced dancers - it was very enjoyable but the judges always seemed to pick on the ballerinas

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got this dress 25% off, but I'll probably wear it has a regular trench too:

1572467858749.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results