shape
carat
color
clarity

Impulse purchase(s)? I would never.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Poor @Neil. Being friends with me is impossible, insane, and maddening, I know. 2-3 years ago I started looking for a 10 year anniversary ring. I wanted a 5 stone, then I wanted a large solitaire, then I wanted big studs, then I decided I didn't need anything. As all of you know, Neil is the master master master at finding impossible ebay finds. She found this cluster ring with a pretty dark center sapphire. She loved her for awhile, and then I decided I needed her. I toyed around with replacing the center stone, which was very pretty but never really did it for me. After much deliberating, I got the okay from Neil to take her apart and use her (insane, firecracker, unbelievable) melee for a 10 year anniversary band. I sent her to Grace who helped find me a matching 10th melee stone (cluster only had 9) and we started working on CADs for a delicate band with lots of prongs. Back and forth we went, and nothing felt right. So I figured it wasn't meant to be and had the stones sent back to me.

Fast forward a few months, I woke up one morning and knew exactly what I wanted. She needed to be a band with milgrain walls. Lots of engraving. A tank. Heavy platinum. I contacted DK who said no problem. She was done in a matter of weeks. Choosing the engraving patterns I wanted was the hardest part. I literally approved the very first CAD!

Before:
IMG_6552.jpg
Gorgeous, but too flashy for me.

After, introducing Kate:
1.40tcw uncerted OEC stones, approx 3.2mm each. Size 7
DKJPV_1017_INB-1.jpg

DKJPV_1017_INB-4.jpg

I mean honestly, THE ENGRAVING.

56494515983__6A85628E-4601-4BF7-AEC7-A893E766B4A9.jpg

So I'm like cool, anniversary present done. I decide 2019 is the year of (larger) studs and I put myself on a ban. What does Neil do? She sends me the most amazing ebay listing for a ~0.70ct Duchess marquise cut with a ruby halo. What am I supposed to do? Not buy it? Not really an option.

When she arrives, it's like fireworks and love at first sight. The stone is incredible. Workmanship is glorious. Seller sent it to me in the amazing antique box even! However, I am an east-west freak. I want everything to be set EW. I went back and forth, and in the end, I sent her to DK to be reshanked set EW. I know some people will prefer it with it's original orientation, but I haven't even seen her reworked in person yet and I already know I made the right call for me.

Set North-South:
IMG_7697 (1).jpg
IMG_7705.jpg

After -- introducing Zelda (named by my husband because it's shaped like the coins in the Zelda video games):
DJKPV19_0206_AR--1.JPG DJKPV19_0206_AR--4.JPG
I still don't have her in my hot little hands yet, but I will post 9,000 more pictures when I do. I told DH our love was so strong it needed to be represented by 2 anniversary rings. He snorted and asked me how many engagement rings I have had in 10 years and is that why we've been so happy together. I obviously said yes, it's because I buy lots of diamonds. He said well I guess I better just continue to not ask any questions, yeah? Smart man.

More pics to follow!

Attachments

• DKJPV_1017_INB-3.jpg
    DKJPV_1017_INB-3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 161
  • DKJPV_1017_INB-5.jpg
    DKJPV_1017_INB-5.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 134

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh specs:
Kate is 1.40tcw, 10 stones. Uncerted but I would be shocked if color was lower than G. They are WHITE. So well cut it's crazy.

Zelda is .70ct by formula, 10x5mm. F/G SI2 but totally eyeclean because I'm blind.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
looks beautiful!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - how lucky you are to have a friend in Niel and beautiful rings because of the friendship!! They both turned out beautifully! She truly is the queen of finding great deals!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know I’m obsessed with all of those things. Obviously.
I think it will be perfect Becuase now it’s basically a band. And you know your proclivity towards bands.
They are utterly perfect and they will make quite a statement
I love our relationship where I tell you things to but then you buy them

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - how lucky you are to have a friend in Niel and beautiful rings because of the friendship!! They both turned out beautifully! She truly is the queen of finding great deals!
Duchess at best ;-)

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey:Wow, both of these rings are amazing! I can't wait to see pictures of them together on your hand (in the new orientation)! :love::appl::love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Duchess at best ;-)

No, dearie, you sell yourself short! You have a real talent for finding these diamonds in the rough! On top of that, you are cute as a button! ;)2

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, dearie, you sell yourself short! You have a real talent for finding these diamonds in the rough! On top of that, you are cute as a button! ;)2
:oops::oops::oops::kiss2:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Certainly not with the intent to embarrass you but feel I must qualify this by saying that I have had the pleasure of meeting you in person so I'm not just talking off the top of my head - I know this to be true!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@liaerfbv I love, love, love your amazing new band and that stunning duchess of yours! I saw the ring on IG and was mesmerized! Happy 10th anniversary! Wishing you many more and much move beautiful bling in the years to come!

P.S. @Niel you slay!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
The diamond reminds a few cut in the late 1800s - which I would not know what to call either. I could never get any of them out of my mind.

Enjoy the find!

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful rings! I especially love the engraving on your diamond band :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings!! Cannot wait to see the new ring on your finger as well. Great finds by @Niel

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh!! :lickout:

Cannot wait for a billion more pictures!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your story is awesome, I love everything about it! The rings are gorgeous, and EW all the way baby! 9000 pics will not be enough... we need more than that! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@liaerfbv beautiful rings! :love: Happy 10th anniversary.
@Niel sweet finds :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings! Happy Anniversary!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That band is everything!!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ommmmmggggggggg!!!! Zelda is AMAZING. I love the band too....but the the ruby halo? :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the ruby halo, can’t wait to see more pics of it on your hand!!!

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Both rings turned out spectacular !!! And in E-W it will stack even better with your gorgeous bands ❤️

@Niel - I wish I had friends who would send me such finds! You are a treasure yourself

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the detail on that band is some of the prettiest I've ever seen - I just love it!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I have to say are 4-letter words that will earn me a time out! Holy f##k b&&s I am obsessed with the engraving on that band, and Zelda is glorious! Also, when I have more money can @Niel be my friend too so she can point to stuff I need to buy???? :lol:

Happy anniversary, and you definitely have 2 perfect pieces to represent a happy relationship. Congrats!

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! The duchess is killing me. Add a ruby halo aaannnddd.... You are one lucky lucky gal.

And the band is gorgeous, of course :) One san never turn down stellar engraving :) There aren't enough old cut bands in the world....

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ain’t nothing else to do but embrace the crazy. I love everything you did with the stones and the rings. E-W will be killer. Can’t wait to see the completed rings together. The band is AMAZING.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results