shape
carat
color
clarity

Improvement to the Blue Nile site

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed today that BN has started including 'actual stone' video for the BN Signature cut stones on their web site. It's only available for some rounds, emeralds, asschers and princess cuts and I suspect cushions will be next to be included, as it seems that, at this point (and possibly forever) they're only doing vids for their signature cuts, which are held in-house. I suspect they're aiming for video of ALL sig cuts in the end - of all 5 cut shapes which they offer in BN Signature cut.

With the opening of a brick and mortar store, and the inclusion of both video and GCAL info on sig cuts, I suspect BN is trying to get some skin in the game for high end products. An interesting development; BN is trying to move up town.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an excellent development! I do think opening the shops and adding the videos will add to their customer base. I, for one, will appreciate the videos when recommending diamonds to others!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed. And fair enough, too, I think. It's a big ask to expect people to plonk down thousands for a product they've never seen. Hopefully it will give people more confidence - at least with the Signature line.

lizzardxoxo

Rough_Rock
As someone actively purchasing a BN diamond, my "diamond expert" did insinuate BN is working on offering ASETS and other digital imagery.

Just fyi!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi lizzard :)

I've purchased dozens and dozens of diamonds from BN and I've been pushing - hard! - with their customer service manager for YEARS to get photos and ASETs for their stones. I was so pleased to see this development! FYI my current e-ring stone is from BN - 3.61ct I VS2. I am more than happy with it! (...although...I've just started talking to my husband re an upgrade...) :!:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results