shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm sooo excited!! Finally getting my CVB Riviere band!!!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I like it without. :/
BUT I do like the thinner profile on the with.
Such a gorgeous band! Wow. :love:

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think I prefer it just a bit without the milgrain, but it is amazing either way!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - such nice CADs! Why do they look so much different than the ones I usually see on here? The milgrain is much more subtle than I anticipated. I think the milgrain softens the look and draws less attention to the metal. I prefer the milgrain, but I would want to confirm that it will not harm the solitaire since you mentioned that concern.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I like it with the milgrain! I have her Geneva band and the milgrain is so delicate and barely there, but it’s a beautiful finish. How exciting!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I like it both ways!:roll2: i like the subtleness of the milgrain, and the vintagey feel it gives it. But if i feel it scratching (it could) i know ill never wear it. Does anyone know @mochiko42, I'd love to ask her. I know she has a Jovyn and a Riviere band, with the milgrain.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - such nice CADs! Why do they look so much different than the ones I usually see on here? The milgrain is much more subtle than I anticipated. I think the milgrain softens the look and draws less attention to the metal. I prefer the milgrain, but I would want to confirm that it will not harm the solitaire since you mentioned that concern.

The first time Caysie sent me CADs, I asked her if she accidentally sent me glamour shots of somebody elses ring, lol. Aren't the amazing??? Yeah scratching could occur, ugh.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! I like it with the milgrain! I have her Geneva band and the milgrain is so delicate and barely there, but it’s a beautiful finish. How exciting!

Can I see? Do you have a thread? Do you have any marks on your solitaire from the milgrain?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I wear it stacked with many rings. The milgrain is tiny! I don’t think it scratches anymore than the other rings I stack. Here are a couple of the Geneva band
81F9BC4F-0436-41AB-82E0-B7A2AC351177.jpeg 3AB27505-C578-4076-8A6D-636326C29FC2.jpeg 860D6484-5525-48F4-A171-A47CDB1D7108.jpeg

Oh wow, that is beautiful!! Her milgrain is super fine!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ordinarily, I would probably say without the milgrain since your engagement ring is more modern. However, the milgrain is very fine and I do think it finishes off the band so I am going to vote 'with' milgrain. It will be a beautiful set!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a personal preference. With the Riviera I think the delicate milgrain softens the metal rails, keeps the focus on the stones. You may prefer a smoother look without milgrain. It will be gorgeous either way!

itskcc

Rough_Rock
I just got the Riviere band for my birthday in March after drooling over it for years. It's everything you hope it will be! I have milgrain on my band and on the setting Caysie did for my engagement reset. The milgrain is so incredibly, impossibly dainty and delicate you won't even believe your eyes. In fact, I can't even see it without my reading glasses on! I can't imagine it would cause any scratching on anything worn next to it. I sometimes wear a super thin micro pave eternity band between my e-ring and the Riviere band so that it stands away from my e-ring a little more. No matter what you choose, it will be amazing. Congrats!!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I just got the Riviere band for my birthday in March after drooling over it for years. It's everything you hope it will be! I have milgrain on my band and on the setting Caysie did for my engagement reset. The milgrain is so incredibly, impossibly dainty and delicate you won't even believe your eyes. In fact, I can't even see it without my reading glasses on! I can't imagine it would cause any scratching on anything worn next to it. I sometimes wear a super thin micro pave eternity band between my e-ring and the Riviere band so that it stands away from my e-ring a little more. No matter what you choose, it will be amazing. Congrats!!

Lemme see, lemme see!!!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
My real issue with the milgrain (it is lovely no doubt about it!!) Is this
IMG_8966.jpg
See where the bands edge meets my solitaire? (This is an exact rendition of my ring). I know that if there is scratching, it will bother me. Im just wondering if forgoing the milgrai will ruin the overall look??
I am a vintage loving girl, btw. This is my everyday vintage platinum band. I love it, its so Grey Gardens to me!!! :)
20200324_214856.jpg

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even without milgrain the edge of the band will leave scratches on your solitaire. I’d be more concerned the contact with your solitaire will wear down the milgraine. Can Caysie lower the height of the Riviere band at all? Such a beautiful solitaire!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Team With! CVB’s milgrain is quite lovely.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Even without milgrain the edge of the band will leave scratches on your solitaire. I’d be more concerned the contact with your solitaire will wear down the milgraine. Can Caysie lower the height of the Riviere band at all? Such a beautiful solitaire!

Thank you so much, its a total keeper!!
It is going to be a touch lower, yes.
And yes i know that even a plain shank can cause damage, but I recently sold my tiffany milgrain band (milgrain was super low but not fine at all!) because i couldnt stand the grinding sensation of the ring rubbing against my solitaire. It was like a saw. Ugh, i just dont know!!:shifty:

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I think its beautiful both with and without. Sorry I'm not much help!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so beautiful! I like it with. =)2

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ok im wondering if this is something i could ask... could i get the milgrain, but have it buffed or worn down a bit so i wont worry so much? Once again, I wish @mochiko42 could drop by. She has the exact same rings, and her opinion would be so valuable!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you are over worrying.
I’ve owned one and it’s really barely notable, I’d go with milgrain.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I think you are over worrying.
I’ve owned one and it’s really barely notable, I’d go with milgrain.

I think i am too!! I just dont buy jewelry everyday, and it is a very expensive band (for me, anyway). Im just worried to get it and not be 100% happy, and wish i had made a different choice. I am leaning towards the milgrain, but asking if it can be buffed down a bit.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I'm team with, and also a vintage loving gal. (I love your platinum band). I suspect that the milgrain will be so fine you won't have the same issues you did before. Have you expressed your concern with Cassie? The fine milgrain just perfects that eternity IMO.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm team with, and also a vintage loving gal. (I love your platinum band). I suspect that the milgrain will be so fine you won't have the same issues you did before. Have you expressed your concern with Cassie? The fine milgrain just perfects that eternity IMO.

Thank you, isnt it the cutest?? I got it for a steal on ebay.
Yes, i did confer with her, and she seems to be team no milgrain, since it could scratch my setting. The more i look at the photos tho, it does seem like the milgrain does add a certain something. But i know, im over thinking..:doh:

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, isnt it the cutest?? I got it for a steal on ebay.
Yes, i did confer with her, and she seems to be team no milgrain, since it could scratch my setting. The more i look at the photos tho, it does seem like the milgrain does add a certain something. But i know, im over thinking..:doh:

Does she have to custom make the band? I was on her site looking for wedding bands and I didn’t really see much.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Does she have to custom make the band? I was on her site looking for wedding bands and I didn’t really see much.

EVERYTHING is, or can be custom, she actually encourages it. :) You need to contact her thru etsy. What kind of band are you looking for?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it was an issue with your other ring that you got rid of, I can’t see why it wouldn’t be an issue with any other ring?
I think you shouldn’t rule out asking CVB about what your options are or availability on ‘weathered’ milgrain, though.
Or even if there’s a gauge you can choose from, ask for finer/more notches per inch? Is the make of your other band’s milgrain something that can be quantified as a standard per inch notch for that manufacturer as a benchmark you know it needs to surpass?
Could the milgrain on this new ring be put on the inside of the lip instead of the top ridge? Think I’ve seen that done on inside of bezels, not on the top ridge of the bezel?

A0DC1154-B8D0-4A5B-ACDC-BF41138EDF7D.jpeg
This picture shows
top ring supposedly 1940’s ‘unused’ old stock
Middle ring worn and weathered 1920’s
Bottom new CVB ring

The CVB is fine, but you can see the vintage rings are more notches per inch. I’m assuming it’s a choice you can make, but may depend on the bench?

I’d pursue the possibility of the milgrain on the inside of the lip, if you like the tiny detail to be there, if I were you.

Beautiful set you’ve chosen!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
EVERYTHING is, or can be custom, she actually encourages it. :) You need to contact her thru etsy. What kind of band are you looking for?

Thank you! I’ll follow up on Etsy.

I have not decided on a band yet. I was obsessing over the Embrace or Wedding Band. However, the band you posted is beautiful. I’m not in a rush since our wedding has been pushed back even further due to the pandemic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results