shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm sooo excited!! Finally getting my CVB Riviere band!!!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, so its not a 3 carat upgrade or anything like that, but seeing all the activity going on here with people making purchases, I felt maybe it was time for me to join in and get something new. I feel like I need something to look forward to!! At first I thought maybe it would be a Tiffany Schlumberger Egg charm in turquoise, but I quickly found out that those aren't made anymore, and I'm not up to hunting one down pre-owned right now. I just don't have the time. So I quickly shifted gears and decided on something CVB. I've always loved the Riviere band, and always knew someday I would make it mine. So why not now??? :dance:
I just finished talks with Caysie last night (she such a gem!!=)2) And I will be getting the CADS this coming week. Sooo super excited!! Specs will be 7 french cuts, alternating with rounds, 2.1mm wide, super low profile, about 2/3 eternity, maybe a bit less. I took this pic from loupetroop to show what it will look like for those who aren't familiar with the band. I just cant decided on the milgrain. I know it adds a lot to the overall look, but I don't want to need a spacer to protect my solitaire (its a low set CVB jovyn). I will post the CADs with both milgrain and not so you guys can hopefully help me decide! Till then, hope everyone is safe and healthy!! :wavey:

photo_3.jpg

Last edited:

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! Its my absolute favorite ring, hands down, besides my Jovyn, that is...:)

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting @meesmom !!! I love your taste! I have had my eye on the sapphire Riviere for a while now. What metal are you going with? Are you planning to stack this with your Tiffany channel set? Also, I would love more pictures of your Jovyn. I love the Jovyn!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting @meesmom !!! I love your taste! I have had my eye on the sapphire Riviere for a while now. What metal are you going with? Are you planning to stack this with your Tiffany channel set? Also, I would love more pictures of your Jovyn. I love the Jovyn!

Hi @OdetteOdile!! I am going with platinum, as I really dont wear any other metal on my hands. Yes, stacking it is the plan, if they look good together. Otherwise the Tiffany sill probably have to take the backseat, lol. I know, last month it was so perfect, and now, not so much. I'm very fickle!!
Heres an artsy photo of my jovyn that i tool a couple of weeks ago. :D

20200503_090740.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @OdetteOdile!! I am going with platinum, as I really dont wear any other metal on my hands. Yes, stacking it is the plan, if they look good together. Otherwise the Tiffany sill probably have to take the backseat, lol. I know, last month it was so perfect, and now, not so much. I'm very fickle!!
Heres an artsy photo of my jovyn that i tool a couple of weeks ago. :D

20200503_090740.jpg

Beautiful!! I can't wait to see a picture of the Jovyn and the Riviere together once your new band arrives. I think it is wonderful you have something to look forward to!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a pretty band - should look great paired with your Engagement ring! Any ETA on the band?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, the “lipstick effect” is in full force...PS style. :mrgreen: Your new CvB is going to be gorgeous. I love her attention to detail. Personally, I love milgrain but I can understand why you wouldn’t want it to mess with your e-ring. Have you asked Caysie if she thinks they can be stacked together without damaging your e-ring?

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is so exciting! That has always been one of my dream bands. Please post tons of photos and videos when you get it. What’s the ETA?

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Such a dream band! How exciting. I had no idea milgrain is a potential scratch!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
It is a pretty band - should look great paired with your Engagement ring! Any ETA on the band?

Thank you! No, I didnt think to ask, as Im in no rush and Caysie is putting me in for CADs this week. I'll prob ask when I make my final decision on the milgrain.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, the “lipstick effect” is in full force...PS style. :mrgreen: Your new CvB is going to be gorgeous. I love her attention to detail. Personally, I love milgrain but I can understand why you wouldn’t want it to mess with your e-ring. Have you asked Caysie if she thinks they can be stacked together without damaging your e-ring?

I had to look up lipstick effect, lol. But yes, it seems to be the case!
For me, after breaking my toe, having my husband working in covid units (hes a nurse) and online learning ( :sick: :knockout:!!!) I need something positive and pretty to distract me for the chaos.
As for the milgrain, im gonna look at the cads and see if i like the non-milgrain look? But I'm totally going to need help deciding on a safe option if its not doing it for me. I had a milgrain band a while ago, and I could actually feel it scraping and grinding against the jovyn, so its gone now, bye-bye!! :naughty::)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 , what is the “lipstick effect,” haha?

“The Lipstick Effect is the theory that when facing an economic crisis or the economy is in a recession, consumers will be more willing to buy less costly luxury goods. For example, instead of buying expensive fur coats, women will instead purchase expensive lipstick or luxury cologne.”

I think it has a lot to do with many of us being stuck at home and these “little” purchases make us all feel better. Lord knows I keep buying things.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is so exciting! That has always been one of my dream bands. Please post tons of photos and videos when you get it. What’s the ETA?

Thank you! Oh I will take tons dont worry! I didnt ask the ETA, but I will ask.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh this is going to be so very delicious! Can’t wait to see it!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So exciting!!!
CvB is on my list for future purchases, as well!!
I don’t think any jewelry collection should be without at least one of her designs!

I am so glad you’re giving yourself something to look forward to.
In these uncertain times, it’s so important to stay positive, and find joy in SOMETHING.

I have made some tiny purchases, including Father’s Day gifts for DH, and graduation gifts for our DD graduating from HS in June.
Our younger DD is moving from 4th to 5th grade. Our district considers this a large milestone in the kids’ lives, as they are moving on from Elementary school to Middle school, so, we are trying to celebrate her, as well.

Staying away from large ticket items, but there is a beautiful piece I’m hoping to be gifted for Mother’s Day. It’s less expensive than most items on my wish list, and way below the budget for my Asscher band (so it won’t compromise those plans), but it’s pricey, based upon the current economic state of our country, at this time. I feel somewhat guilty for even wanting it, right now, as so many are struggling to feed their families, and pay their bills, right now.
Trying not to get my hopes up, as there is a “Plan B” in place, but “Plan A” has become my new obsession...lol!
If, by chance, I’m fortunate to receive “Plan A”, I’ll be sure to share!

Being essential has been a blessing, in spite of the health concerns we have of becoming exposed. We are far more comfortable than many, and I count myself extremely lucky. Even at times when I feel most vulnerable, and helpless.
I understand, fully, “the lipstick effect”, yet, I also feel a sense of responsibility to try to continue stimulating the economy, even if in small amounts, to prevent a total collapse, and avoid the next Great Depression.
Seeing thread after thread of new purchases set in place, like yours, gives us all hope that things will be better, some day. Everything is relative, and it’s great to see everyone is still trying to move forward in life, and making attempts to find beauty in things, surrounded by chaos, and despair.
Thank you for doing your part, as crazy as this time in all of our lives is.
Stay positive. Seek beauty in everything. Please share every step of this project so we may all live vicariously through you, and find inspiration in these most unprecedented times across the globe. ♥️

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
That is exciting! That's one of my favorite bands too! I am so excited to see it!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely band Meesmom!

Can't wait to see it on your hand!

We all need pretty things to think about, hope for and plan for to get us through. We all need "sunlight" in our life. I'm glad to be amongst a group of people who understand this and share a love of jewelry. It really helps boost morale. Hugs to you all!

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh that is a lovely band @meesmom , it will look fantastic with your solitaire.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting!!!
CvB is on my list for future purchases, as well!!
I don’t think any jewelry collection should be without at least one of her designs!

I am so glad you’re giving yourself something to look forward to.
In these uncertain times, it’s so important to stay positive, and find joy in SOMETHING.

I have made some tiny purchases, including Father’s Day gifts for DH, and graduation gifts for our DD graduating from HS in June.
Our younger DD is moving from 4th to 5th grade. Our district considers this a large milestone in the kids’ lives, as they are moving on from Elementary school to Middle school, so, we are trying to celebrate her, as well.

Staying away from large ticket items, but there is a beautiful piece I’m hoping to be gifted for Mother’s Day. It’s less expensive than most items on my wish list, and way below the budget for my Asscher band (so it won’t compromise those plans), but it’s pricey, based upon the current economic state of our country, at this time. I feel somewhat guilty for even wanting it, right now, as so many are struggling to feed their families, and pay their bills, right now.
Trying not to get my hopes up, as there is a “Plan B” in place, but “Plan A” has become my new obsession...lol!
If, by chance, I’m fortunate to receive “Plan A”, I’ll be sure to share!

Being essential has been a blessing, in spite of the health concerns we have of becoming exposed. We are far more comfortable than many, and I count myself extremely lucky. Even at times when I feel most vulnerable, and helpless.
I understand, fully, “the lipstick effect”, yet, I also feel a sense of responsibility to try to continue stimulating the economy, even if in small amounts, to prevent a total collapse, and avoid the next Great Depression.
Seeing thread after thread of new purchases set in place, like yours, gives us all hope that things will be better, some day. Everything is relative, and it’s great to see everyone is still trying to move forward in life, and making attempts to find beauty in things, surrounded by chaos, and despair.
Thank you for doing your part, as crazy as this time in all of our lives is.
Stay positive. Seek beauty in everything. Please share every step of this project so we may all live vicariously through you, and find inspiration in these most unprecedented times across the globe. ♥

So well said! I feel a bit guilty too, but knowing that the artisans that will work on my band will get paid does help. Its does help, in a very small way, to contibute to the economy, I think.
I'd love to hear about your wish list items, did you make a thread on the subject?
I will keep you all very well informed every step of the way. Its so much fun for me too to see and wait and anticipate everyones goodies, so of course i will do the same.
You stay positive too, congratulations on your daughters achievements, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that your Mothers day wishes come true! (This band is, for me, Mothers day, my 15 yr wedding aniversary, and my birthday gift, all in one shot!!)

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So well said! I feel a bit guilty too, but knowing that the artisans that will work on my band will get paid does help. Its does help, in a very small way, to contibute to the economy, I think.
I'd love to hear about your wish list items, did you make a thread on the subject?
I will keep you all very well informed every step of the way. Its so much fun for me too to see and wait and anticipate everyones goodies, so of course i will do the same.
You stay positive too, congratulations on your daughters achievements, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you that your Mothers day wishes come true! (This band is, for me, Mothers day, my 15 yr wedding aniversary, and my birthday gift, all in one shot!!)

Thank you so much!
I have wish lists all over the place. CVB, JBG, Ivy and Rose, GemConcepts.....even our local jeweler has a list for me...lol!! There is no existing thread I’ve posted about specific items, but I have shared ideas I’m considering for future purchases/projects on other threads, posted by others.
This item is a bezeled 3 stone necklace. Three MRB’s (shocker, right?!?) set in 18k WG bezels, 18k WG chain. The center stone is larger with 2 smaller stones, one on each side, like a past-present-future piece. It’s listed at 1/2 of the regular asking price, so it’s an amazing opportunity. All 3 stones are ideal cut, VS1-SI1 clarity (completely eye clean), F/G color. Total ctwt: 0.25ct. It’s delicate, but sparkles like crazy. It’s a Scott Kay design, and I can’t get it out of my mind.
It’s just a subtle piece, but it would mean something to me. It’s not like anything else I own, but it would be an excellent addition to my collection. Perfect for every day wear, and since I can’t wear my wedding set at work, anymore, it would make me feel good about having diamonds somewhere that won’t be compromised.

6DA002FC-48B2-4977-AEFE-92EA23D79109.jpeg

I love the band you have selected with Caysie.
Looking forward to seeing hand shots, when it’s done!
I will be checking in for updates! ♥

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much!
I have wish lists all over the place. CVB, JBG, Ivy and Rose, GemConcepts.....even our local jeweler has a list for me...lol!! There is no existing thread I’ve posted about specific items, but I have shared ideas I’m considering for future purchases/projects on other threads, posted by others.
This item is a bezeled 3 stone necklace. Three MRB’s (shocker, right?!?) set in 18k WG bezels, 18k WG chain. The center stone is larger with 2 smaller stones, one on each side, like a past-present-future piece. It’s listed at 1/2 of the regular asking price, so it’s an amazing opportunity. All 3 stones are ideal cut, VS1-SI1 clarity (completely eye clean), F/G color. Total ctwt: 0.25ct. It’s delicate, but sparkles like crazy. It’s a Scott Kay design, and I can’t get it out of my mind.
It’s just a subtle piece, but it would mean something to me. It’s not like anything else I own, but it would be an excellent addition to my collection. Perfect for every day wear, and since I can’t wear my wedding set at work, anymore, it would make me feel good about having diamonds somewhere that won’t be compromised.

6DA002FC-48B2-4977-AEFE-92EA23D79109.jpeg

I love the band you have selected with Caysie.
Looking forward to seeing hand shots, when it’s done!
I will be checking in for updates! ♥

Ohhhh i love that!! I have the 5 stone tiffany dbty necklace
(.18 ct. each) but the thing that annoys me about it is that, with my hair, the most that shows is 2 or 3 stones. This is nice, bc everything will show, all the time!! And half off?!?! The bargain hunter in me is going nuts right now!:appl:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh i love that!! I have the 5 stone tiffany dbty necklace
(.18 ct. each) but the thing that annoys me about it is that, with my hair, the most that shows is 2 or 3 stones. This is nice, bc everything will show, all the time!! And half off?!?! The bargain hunter in me is going nuts right now!:appl:

RIGHT?!? I saw this & looked at the price & almost fell off my bed!
IDEAL CUT diamonds....in 18k WG, at HALF the regular price.
I sent this via text to hubby, right away....lol!! :lol-2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It will be gorgeous with your e-ring!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results