shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm Looking To Buy A Diamond This Week.....Do I Know Enough?

FancyIntense

Shiny_Rock
Re: I'm Looking To Buy A Diamond This Week.....Do I Know Eno

Just my opinion. I happen to love E color and you get to say it's internally flawless which is pretty special and rare. E color is called exceptional rare and the IF, very yummy :appl:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm with Kenny on this one (Thank you for listing all those choices for the OP too).

I prefer the D/VVS2, for me there is something special about owning an icy white diamond (I had a 2.05 D/VS2 in the past).

The E-IF is also exceptional, but if you ever nick the girdle, all bets are off and your clarity grade will drop.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

Diamond24|1413311175|3766989 said:
I love it!! This thread is catching fire!!

I know this is a broad question but if 2 round diamonds have extremely similar specs & are both the same price, which one would the majority say is better? One that is D/VVS2 or one that is E/IF?

Personal preference, but for me, D/VVS2 is an easy decision.

I can see the difference in D vs E color. It's very unlikely ANYONE would be able to draw the distinction between VVS2 / IF without introducing magnification. With the naked eye, VVS2 / IF look identical.

Roqsteady

Shiny_Rock

Unless you had ridiculous microscopic vision, a VS2 and FL look identical, so 100% I would put the money towards a higher color. Higher clarity has no appreciable difference. The only difference it makes is the increased time it will take you to save for a downpayment on a house.

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock

D, vvs2 looks fabulous to me. I like the size too. It will look great on a small finger. Good find Kenny.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results