shape
carat
color
clarity

im livid and i dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hey everyone! remember my tacori saga from december? it hasnt ended yet!

to recall, i had a tacori set made for me in december. my usual size is 5.25 and when i got the rings, the e-ring fit but the w-band didnt, and I had to get it cut off in the ER, it was stuck! tacori wasnt back from holiday until january 11th.

after a week of waiting after jan 11, they said they did not need to remake the rings, they would fix the ring and it would be like new. And they would enlarge both rings to a 5.75 by filing the inside. So I wait 3 weeks, and they send it to me. It looked terrible! I couldnt believe they let it leave the building like that! And the filing job was messy and ruined the milgrain.

So after a discussion with my jeweler, I shelled out over $3K more than what I already paid to remake the entire set in a size 5.75. I went to 7 jewelers getting sized to make sure with a thick set like I had, they would fit. I included a note in my package that I needed a 5.75, and my jeweler confirmed.

I waited another 3 weeks. I get the new fresh rings back. In a size 5.25! I was so mad. I called tacori myself (which they dont like) and told me, "we'll just file the inside of the eternity rings to make them bigger. We have here that the rings were to be remade in a 5.25". WHY would I have you remake them in the size that originally didnt fit! I just paid you to remake them because the filing last time ruined them and you want to take the easy way out! I dont think so!!!And I still think that wedding band that got stuck was a size 5. Why would the same thickness e-ring fit, but not the wedding band unless they were two different sizes?

Luckily for me, I saved the email that had the details and the correct size. THEN all of a sudden they were ready and willing to remake them.

By this time, I have spent hundred of dollars on registered mail fees and time without my ring.

So I get them back. They look horrible! The e-ring is not even fully round! There were plier marks dead on the center prongs, making light reflect weirdly off them so they were obvious. Some of the milgrain was totally missing. The diamonds are set uneven, the milgrain is uneven, etc. They even didnt put the Tacori stamp inside, they just engraved the words Tacori platinum inside, like it was scracthed into the metal. It looks like the rings were just thrown together or someone else's rejects!

I sent them back again to Tacori with a 5 page letter on how DISSATISFIED I am with these rings. But in a nice way because I wanted them to help me. They refuse to remake them saying "this is what you get for a handmade ring" in so many words.

No. The rings they remade me in the wrong size were perfect. Carolyn and Laney's rings are perfect and straight. So I KNOW it can be done. I understand that a handmade ring wont be like a machine cast ring. We humans are not perfect! And I appreciate little quirks. But when something obviously is made bad, I should not accept that! I have waited SO long for these rings. And I have paid over $17K to Tacori and I refuse to give them anymore money to remake them. But my jeweler says he doesnt know if I will get my money back because it was a custom made ring. Do they not have quality controls?

I am completely heartbroken, frustrated, tired of explaining this to people. I just either want an acceptable ring from them or my money back so I can go get one somewhere else. If they wont remake the ring or give me my money back, I dont know what to do. I cannot wear those piece of crap rings!

Thanks for listening. Thanks to carolynw for all her support, we both have had tacori nightmares but i am glad hers is over. for the price you pay for Tacori you should get a magazine ad perfect ring. No excuse for this.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an absolutely ridiculous and infuriating situation. I am so sorry this has dragged on for you, with incompetence from Tacori the only thing having remained a constant.

I mean, do they think you''re an idiot with that "that''s what you get for handmade" crap? What, do they bring out the trolls they keep hidden in the back specifically to make the size 5.75 rings??? I don''t think so.

You should at this point either demand your money back or demand the rings be remade. Personally, I''d opt for number 1 but I have a feeling you won''t be getting most of your money back since the original set of rings was done right, they were just too tight. So I would try, if you have any patience left, to get these rings made right. If they refuse to do so, it''s time to get an advocate on your side, like the BBB and potentially your credit card to refute some of the charges, assuming you paid by this method.

Be strong and firm!! They error was CLEARLY on their part this time around, first for remaking the rings in the wrong size, and second for making a substandard replacement once they realized the mistake was theirs.

Good luck...this sucks, and I know from experience how infuriating this can be. I hope it works out for you...

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe the total cost of and e-ring setting and matching wedding band costing $17K! Please tell me it''s a typo, and you meant to say $7K, if not, it''s costing a lot more than a lot of people''s e-rings (ncluding centerstone)! If I paid that much, I''d demand prefection. You have EVERY right to be upset.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
7.gif
7.gif
I have nothing very helpful to add other than my extreme sympathy and seconding FG''s options above. What totally unacceptable treatment!! One of the settings I like is a Tacori, but after your horror story, I don''t think I would want to risk it!

Keep us posted, and I hope they will make it right!!!! How FRUSTRATING!!!
29.gif
29.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 6:32:58 PM
Author: jaysonsmom
I can''t believe the total cost of and e-ring setting and matching wedding band costing $17K! Please tell me it''s a typo, and you meant to say $7K, if not, it''s costing a lot more than a lot of people''s e-rings (ncluding centerstone)! If I paid that much, I''d demand prefection. You have EVERY right to be upset.

The e-ring and matching band were about $13500, but with the original remake I had to pay them another $3500 to remake them. So thats the total we have spent. I know, stupid right???
They just sent me an email saying why they wont remake them, and I sent an email saying why they should be remade or I want my money back.. My stomach is in knots, I am so sick of this.

They admitted that the ring is uneven and the milgrain is wavy too! But they still refuse to remake them? I dont get it. I am SO upset, I could cry.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am soooo sorry to hear this
38.gif
it''s going to be a fight for sure, just don''t give up!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am soooo sorry, what about the jeweler that sold you this Tacori setting and wedding band?? Can''t he help you??

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 7:50:18 PM
Author: kaleigh
I am soooo sorry, what about the jeweler that sold you this Tacori setting and wedding band?? Can''t he help you??

Hi!

He''s been trying. he is a saint. He feels bad that this has happened and he is afraid it reflects back on him because he sold me the ring.

They state that they have to wait until next week Thursday to give me an answer, because the appropriate people are out of the office til then. More waiting. More sleepless nights over two silly inanimate objects! I think the production team thinks I am being unreasonable. But all I want is at the very least a ring that is ROUND! lol

I hope they come through for me. I am getting married in 4 months and i am so stressed out.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 7:12:12 PM
Author: PunchNPie75

They just sent me an email saying why they wont remake them, and I sent an email saying why they should be remade or I want my money back.. My stomach is in knots, I am so sick of this.

They admitted that the ring is uneven and the milgrain is wavy too! But they still refuse to remake them? I dont get it. I am SO upset, I could cry.
Can we help you with any of this? What reasons did they give for saying they won''t remake the rings?

What reasons did you give as to why they should?

I can''t think of a single reason why they can legally claim they don''t have to remake the rings. You paid for the remake, you specified the size. They made the rings the INCORRECT size, and then tried to back out of redoing them. You showed them proof they agreed to make the rings in another size. They remade the rings and the quality is substandard. They have admitted the ring is uneven and the milgrain is wavy. Therefore, what possible claim can they make that they have fulfilled their obligation?????

I can only imagine how upset you are. Right now just thinking about your situation I want to smack them!!!
29.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should get your cash back by now...

Handmde jewelry should be better than run of the mill castings, not worse. And rings should fit.

It is common knowledge that eternity rings cannot be sized easily, but if Tacori makes those styles, they should have a way to adjust their rings. As far as I understand, the simple fact that they sell the rings implies that they can be sized to fit the buyer's finger not the other way around !
11.gif

At the very least you can ask your money back
7.gif

Looking back on your"Harry Kotlar rings ? The design seems to follow the same concept - creating an impression of diamond lace, only with way more respect for the constraints of materials' properties and practicality than Tacori designs. Well, just IMO, as usual.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I had in mind writing the post above... the picture refused to upload there.

The ring below could be made leaving some room for sizing, and the narrow shank should be confortable to stack with a wedding band too.

My ring size also fluctuates allot with temperature, as much as one size, from less than 3 to 4 or so.
7.gif
So thin rings can stay on the hand all the time, but the 6-8mm wide stacks and bands I love to wear must stay in the jewelry box at night and when it is really hot. Your experience sounds somewhat familiar because of this.

KotlarLace.JPG

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 8:01:24 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Date: 6/3/2005 7:12:12 PM

Can we help you with any of this? What reasons did they give for saying they won''t remake the rings?

What reasons did you give as to why they should?

I can''t think of a single reason why they can legally claim they don''t have to remake the rings. You paid for the remake, you specified the size. They made the rings the INCORRECT size, and then tried to back out of redoing them. You showed them proof they agreed to make the rings in another size. They remade the rings and the quality is substandard. They have admitted the ring is uneven and the milgrain is wavy. Therefore, what possible claim can they make that they have fulfilled their obligation?????

I can only imagine how upset you are. Right now just thinking about your situation I want to smack them!!!
29.gif

FireGoddess,

They say its because they have paid a lot of money to remake the rings. Well, um, so have I! And its no MY fault they made an error last time! I paid for my mistake, and so did they. But that is no excuse for sub par quality. I feel like they rushed to make them to get me off their back, so to speak. They say they can remove the milgrain and reengrave it my a machine, not hand. But that doesnt change the fact that the ring is not round! And they can put the "right" tacori stamp in the e-ring. Why wasnt the real one put in in the first place? I mean, thats irrelevant of course, but it adds fuel to my fire that these rings were not made with the attention and detail as they should have been.

Carolynw has a similar set to mine. In her pictures, ALL the pave are even and in a row. So I know it can be done!

I cant believe now I have to wait until Thursday next week to get an answer. i dont think my requests are unreasonable as they are making me feel I am being. They also say the size of the engravings and famous tacori scalloping designs on the ring are "ring size dependent". My example to them was, so if your rings come standard with say, 15 scallop designs on the front and back sides, a size 4 ring will have tiny, perfect, even ones, but a sizze 8 will have long, thin stretched out scallops to make sure the 15 fit around the band? I hope that makes sense how i descrivbed it. Nonsense! they should be made proportional to whatever size the ring is.

valeria, I agree. handmade should be made even better! its almost like, well, its handmade so it wont be perfect. But it could be darn near close! My grandma used to make us homemade clothes. Handmade, but darn near store bought quality! even hems, correct size, etc.

i have a feeling my only option is going to be pay to remake it again. they will probably refuse a remake and refuse a refund. i have transfered the balances so I doubt i have credit card resourses.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
This is my set, except i have three stones instead of a solitaire. They are about 3 mm thick each I think, not sure. See how each scallop on the sides are even in height and width? mine were all over. some were tall and thin. others were long and flat and wide. Say each one is 2mm in a size 5 ring and they all come out perfect and exact. So in a size 5.75, do they still keep most of them 2mm in length and then if after putting them all in, there is say 3mm left for one scallop, do they just make the last one 3mm? thats what they did in mine. why dont they just increase the size of each proportionately or each size, so they can still put the same amount in, and they can all still be even. its all handmade so its not like its programmed into a machine or something, right?

i am so weary!

tokensjewelry_1846_12729844.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
They are being so unreasonable that I think involving the BBB or at least having an attorney write a letter is probably a good idea at this point--no WAY should you have to shell out any more money than you have already!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2005 8:20:26 PM

valeria, I agree. handmade should be made even better! its almost like, well, its handmade so it wont be perfect. But it could be darn near close! My grandma used to make us homemade clothes. Handmade, but darn near store bought quality! even hems, correct size, etc.

The analogy works great!

Actually, given the hype and the price tag, I would associate Tacori with catwalk fashion... and there''s little use of sewing machines for those. The most precise and intricate tailoring is done by hand. Machines can do a straight line better than hand drawing, but that ability is of little use for intricate designs that should fit something imprecise (such as fluctuating finger size !).

So... yeah, alright: mathematical precision might be better done by a machine, but it doesn''t always look better than handmade work because fine adjustments are hard and sometimes impossible to automate. Your fingers were not machine made, so neither should be the rings on them

11.gif

You should get exactly what you want from Tacori. All more so because they promis red carpet treatment.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
PnP, I''m so sorry that you are going through this. What a nightmare...and you''ve paid a TON of money for what should be perfection. What about contacting the Jewelers'' Vigilance Committee? RocDoc recommended it on the main page for another woman whose mother is having trouble with her jeweler.

I tell ya, I have no respect for Tacori after what I''ve read about them on this board.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
PnP,
I know your jeweler feels bad, but really he is a licensed Tacori dealer, so I would say that he needs to state your case. You have spent way too much money when it is Tacori''s mistake and not your''s or your jewelers. I don''t understand why in gods name you have to wait until Thursday to get an answer. Maybe you should seek the advice of an attorney, or let Tacori know you are seeking legal action and then see what they say. Could be that their attitude makes a big turn around??? Just a thought??

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe this story. Tacori''s main selling point is that you pay more for EXCELLENT craftsmanship and EXCELLENT service. I can''t believe they''d have so little pride in their work. Insane.

I would, seriously, get an attorney to write a letter. If I were you, I wouldn''t even WANT them to fix my ring, I''d want my money back! Then, I''d take my 3 diamonds and my business elsewhere. Leon Mege, perhaps?

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2005 9:39:04 PM
Author: velouriaL
I can''t believe this story. Tacori''s main selling point is that you pay more for EXCELLENT craftsmanship and EXCELLENT service. I can''t believe they''d have so little pride in their work. Insane.

I would, seriously, get an attorney to write a letter. If I were you, I wouldn''t even WANT them to fix my ring, I''d want my money back! Then, I''d take my 3 diamonds and my business elsewhere. Leon Mege, perhaps?

Leon Mege--YUM! I feel so stuck between a rock and a hard place. We worked SO hard and sacrificed a lot to get these rings, me and my FI together. I truly want my money back and to start over, but I also truly want to keep my tacori ring because I love the design and sparkle, and its what we worked for to represent our engagement. Its just awful. its almost like if i get the rings back, either i will be so happy its finally over or look at them and be disgusted for what I have had to go through,

its silly but i cant sleep or eat over it you know?

thanks everyone for the support!

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Oh, wow, I wish I had an answer for you. Honestly, I am so frsutrated *for you* just from reading your saga! My number one pet peeve in life is lousy customer service and I cannot even imagine the stress over something so meaningful as a wedding set!

Many, many hugs coming your way. UGH

Perhaps you should offer to post a macro shot of their shoddy rings on every diamond and bridal website there is!
14.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
PnP, I can''t really say anthing the others haven''t already said. I feel horrible for you
38.gif

I love the idea of threating to post their "bad" rings all over. You could probably even send pics to magazines like Us weekly that show celebrity rings and endorse Taccori...who knows...talk about bad publicity
6.gif

Seriously though, your jeweler needs to go to bat for you and help out since he is their representive. this will look poorly on him as well. i definitely wouldn''t wait until thursday....

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2005 8:24:22 PM

why dont they just increase the size of each proportionately or each size, so they can still put the same amount in, and they can all still be even. its all handmade so its not like its programmed into a machine or something, right?

I don't think these are "handmade" from scratch one ring at a time... I have admired their scallop design ever since I have first seen it for allowing some of the old-world charm into pre-made parts Nothing bad with that, of course - aside what you say.

Surely such considerations cannot be included in Tacori advertising. But you have had some lengthy interaction with them already and there are simple ways to make sure that what Tacori does to your rings meets your expectations... that's called "communication". If those glamorous adds were good enough to rise high expectations, than at the very least there should be someone to talk technicals with at Tacori.

Not surprisingly, some small-scale jewelry designers have included "Tacori scallops" into their work. Such work can be adjusted to fit one ring at a time, but small shops cannot be expected to also produce mass advertising campaigns.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
That is one of the most outrageous things ever...i can''t believe they''d do that to you. First off, you''ve spent a HUGE sum of money with them, don''t even think about paying more! You owe them nothing.

It is really disheartening to hear what Feydakin said - that this isn''t uncommon with Tacori. I really hope that your jeweler can help you through this, if not....my initial reaction is: get a lawyer!!! Compile as much information as you have, names of the people you''ve spoken with, dates, copies of the emails. It seems like you''ve kept really good track of everything. The attorney can draft a letter for you and that can be the beginning....and hopefully the end. A lot of companies assume people don''t want to take legal action, because of the expense, but showing that you''re willing to might help?? To start with the letter is relatively inexpensive, especially compared to the expense you''ve already experienced. I just went to their website and the main page states: "Beyond style, Tacori stands for uncompromising quality and lasting value." Maybe the attorney can get them on deceptive advertising or something, hehe...

Good luck and keep us updated.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely think you need to be prepared to fight them. Under no circumstances should they ever get another DIME from you for these rings. You have paid a premium and you therefore should expect no less than premium quality.

While I would be tempted to "walk" from this and get my money back, I think in that case you'd have to settle for less than the total amount you spent, since the rings were made correctly the first time, but ended up being too small for you. I don't think I'd want to lose any of my money and still walk away with no rings. BUT---the finished product better be damn perfect.

They will fight you. They don't want to take any more time away from new orders and more money. That's why I'd most definitely enlist the BBB, Jeweler's Vigilance, and probably in the wings - a lawyer's threatening letter.

Just remember - irrespective of the initial sizing thing...you have shelled out a PREMIUM and you should DEMAND a premium product in return. No exceptions. This mistake was theirs, and it is THEIR obligation to fix it.

ETA: I will NEVER buy, nor advise anyone ELSE to buy (friend OR foe!!!) Tacori...these stories are too frequent and their customer service stinks!!! Put THAT in your letter!!! Word of mouth spreads!!!

For my wedding, I had a dispute with a vendor who tried to double charge me. I fought it with my credit card company (even though there was no receipt - it was a limo company) and won. Had I NOT won (due to lack of paper trail) I would have used that very same amount of money to take out a HUGE ad in all the local newspapers to warn everyone about using this company. The point is - you may only be one person, but that DOESN'T mean they can get away with treating you poorly, especially after you've fulfilled your end of the bargain. One person can influence MANY people!!!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
you know, one of my favorite designers when I was shopping for rings was Tacori. But after hearing your story and others, I will never consider them or recommend them. Your story and word of mouth are already making an impression with folks, don''t worry.

I am so sorry for your situation, and I pray everything works itself out. I just want to beg you to absolutely NOT shell out any more money to these people. The fact that you had to pay extra money in the first place breaks my heart...

I think that your jeweler should really continue to be involved in this effort somehow. Is he? You say that he is being supportive, but it''s not clear to me that he is actively participating in this. He is the Tacori rep after all.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!

My jeweler emailed me today. He said that the rep from Tacori will call him next week when she speaks with her managers about this, and he will get back in touch with me. He says he is confident for a quick resoluion. But he never gives me an idea of HOW they will resolve it. He just kind of goes along with what they say. So maybe not too supportive huh. They say they want to alter the ring I have, and I want a new one. Sure they can remove the milgrain and replace it, but a) to me thats damaged goods. Its not like I am getting a new head put on for a larger stone. This is putting a bandaid on sub par quality merchandise. b) I want a new ring!

He also agrees that I have paid enough money and time to Tacori. So we will see what happens. If they refuse to remake them I will try and get my money back. I wish I had taken pics of the rings before I sent them back (dumb me!)

The sad thing is is that even after all this, I truly still want those rings! I still love the design and style and detailing. And they represent something special to us (engagement and hard work to save up for them) Aren't I crazy? I hope I dont get them back and think they are "tainted" because of all the negativity that took place in getting them. I am disappointed how many people have had problems with them and jewelers have dropped them, yet they still charge a lot of money and make a lot of money. But if I get my money back, I will definitely go somewhere else.

I will keep you updated!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
OMG. I don''t even now what to say...My blood began to boil as I read this saga... All that money and THIS is what you got/how you were treated.
38.gif
29.gif

You are NOT silly. These rings are special and represent, in part, you hard work to earn the money to buy them. You bought Tacori becasue they are supposed to be craftsman of fine jewelry--and this is what you should have--fine jewelry to your--and their advertised--standards. Period.

I will keep my fingers crossed that it resolves itself this week. Hang in there!
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you need to escalate this to the BBB and maybe get a lawyer involved. You have shelled out a LOT of money and they are obviously not so good at their jobs. Perhaps you should fight for your money to be refunded and just look for a new set. It almost seems like your Tacori saga is really souring the items for you.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I think your jewler is being too passive in this--I agree that some sort of BBB or jewler vigilance commission is probably a good way to go. They need to make this right, and that does NOT include "fixing" your current sub-par rings! Horrible!!!
29.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2005 6:56:15 PM
Author: blueroses
I think your jewler is being too passive in this...
I tend to agree... it''s hard to tell from just posts but I know I''d want my jeweler to be theratening to pull all Tacori or something. This is ridiculous.
8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results