shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone!

Would there be a big difference in "a ring that is 5.75 "full" versus size 6 "tight''"?

My ring size is a 5.75...when I wear a thin band or one thicker ring by itself. I just received my new wedding set, each ring about 4mm in width, and when I put them on by themselves, they fit like my normal rings do. However, together, I cannot wear them comfortably. Esp in the morning. They sausage my finger and I can feel my finger getting red and warm. It is also about 87 degress and humid around here. I was in the a/c yesterday and could tell my fingers were colder so I tried them on again and they fit better but there was still a bit of "finger bulge" about the rings. I never thought I had fat fingers until this fiasco!

I think going up a 1/4 size should help as I have tried on this set in a size 6.25 and they were too big. But I am afraid if it may be too big in the winter or if I lose weight which I continue to do.

would there be a big enough difference between the full and tight sizes or is it best to go up the whole 1/4 size to truly make a difference? or should i just wait to see if my fingers change as I lose weight???

thanks!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If it made any real difference one could make ring sizes in 1/10 size increments. A 5.75 full is virtually the same as a 6 scant. HOWEVER, if a very careful jewelr was using a very calibrated sizing gauge, then 5.75 full would be 5.83 and 6 scan would be 5.93 or some such fractional portion. In between 5.75 and 6 exists a mid point 5.875......technically neither the full or scant are that size, but the reality of sizing rings is that ring gauges are rarely calibrated and uniform, hand work is a bit less than perfect, and fingers change size daily anyway. "Close" in ring sizing is close enough for nearly everyone.

Hope this gives you some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results