shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT I'm engaged!! Pics of my Leon Cushion Halo

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone one explain why I can't upload pictures I take with my iPhone? It says the file format is invalid.

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
Hi babynurse! I actually don't know if there's a difference between Old Mine Brilliant and Old Mine Cut- really good question- I think I'll post it in Rocky Talky.

Also, I'm not sure yet about the wedding band, but I think I will just wear it on my right hand.

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
I did a new photo shoot in daylight today and was able to get much closer shots. I hope you don't mind me posting!

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0570.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
hellokitty6782|1295122212|2823627 said:
I did a new photo shoot in daylight today and was able to get much closer shots. I hope you don't mind me posting!

Mind? You can post another hundred pictures and I promise, WE won't MIND....

Actually, that's encouraged. Please post more. You have a gorgeous ring.

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Ditto!! I love seeing it from all angles, near and far! It's such great eye candy I can just keep snacking :)

noviceinneedofhelp

Rough_Rock
HelloKitty,

I am not sure how to ping you for an offline conversation, but can you please ping me if you know how???

I have been "stalking" your thread and love your ring. I was actually at Leon's office the Friday before you received it and saw it in person. I was thinking about a 3 stone ring, but when he brought yours in, I changed my mind immediately.

A few days later I found your post and pictures. I am working through the work order now, but wanted to know if you minded terribly the details of what you specified on your work order exactly...

Thank you so much in advance! Congrats!

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
Hi Novice! Wow, I'm flattered! I'm sorry I don't know how to do PM here either. But you can ask anything you want and i'll do my best to answer, I can post answers right on this thread if you want. Unfortunately, I don't have any exact measurements of my ring since I haven't taken any yet, but I'm hoping to get all that when I take my ring for an appraisal.

noviceinneedofhelp

Rough_Rock
I guess, I am more curious as to what your work order said specifically...

You said that you mentioned that you wanted the stone set higher... did the work order reflect that, if so how?
Did you state what type of pave you wanted on the shank? (What is yours?.... sorry don't know all of the specific types?)
Did you state that you wanted an open ajour?

Thanks so much for the help! This will really make my process a lot easier!

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
Hi Novice,

My work order actually says set the diamond as low as possible, but I had a change of heart and called Leon and then e-mailed him to confirm my dimensions. Basically I wanted to add 2 mm height, but I gave him a range. Since my stone is 4.39 mm deep, I asked that the height (from table to finger) be 6.39 - 6.5 mm.

He recommended 1.6-1.7 mm shank, I can't tell which he actually went with, and he said v-cut pave would be best for this width, so I deferred to him on that.

We had no discussion of open ajour, and it's not on the work order either, so I guess open ajour is his default.

I asked for pave on the stems and the donut, and the pave goes 3/4 of the way around on my ring, I belive it's 4 o'clock, 8 o'clock.

He wanted me to trust him on the width of the halo and I was most nervous about that, I really wanted tiny stones so as not to overwhelm my center stone, which is not that large, by PS standards. I didn't give him any dimensions, he just said to trust him, and he will make it proportional to the shank and the stone, and he did. I think it looks absolutely perfect! It doesn't overwhelm my diamond, which I also bought from him.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is soooooooooooooooooooooooo SO SO SO gorgeous! I LOVE it! :love: :love:

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
THANK YOU LAlove- I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a gorgeous ring! I love it, and the man who gave it to me : :love:

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
HelloKitty, you have a gorgeous ring! I'm a bit biased, though, because mine is nearly identical! Do you know what kind of wedding band you're going to get? A matching one, or will you wear this alone? I'm trying to decide what to do.

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
I'm glad to be of help novice!

DCdiamondgirl- I know I love your ring soooo much! I looked at your pictures over and over while I was waiting for mine. I am not 100% decided about the wedding band. I was thinking of getting a very thin (1mm) platinum spacer and then getting another thin pave band by Leon to match the width of the e-ring, and wear it behind the spacer. The other option is to just wear the thin pave band on my right hand. I think I will end up going with the right hand because this ring looks so beautiful on it's own and I don't want to take away from the delicate-ness of it by wearing it with two other bands, which could look like one larger one from a distance.

DCdiamondgirl

Shiny_Rock
I have the same dilemma. I almost bought a domed pave band from Leon this weekend, but then I decided that I really wanted my right hand free to wear other rings. So I guess I will just have to get a skinny eternity band to go with my ering. And possibly a spacer.

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
I'm also not sure about the spacer and eternity band because it won't sit flush with my e-ring due to the little donut. So, would the space look weird? whatever you end up doing, please post pics so I can see how you resolved it.

I havent seen pics of anyone with a ring like ours, or a Harry Winston wearing a wedding band with it- it would be helpful to see different options.

Kat1102

Rough_Rock
Lovely ring. What is the ratio of the diamond?

hellokitty6782

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kat, thank you! I'm not sure, but I think it's 1:07

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is STUNNING. That cushion is perfection.

Melissa675

Rough_Rock
Absolutely love your ring!

Was wondering if you knew how big your diamonds are in the halo?

priscilla

Rough_Rock
This ring is so beautiful! It is very similar to mine. I was wondering if you have bands with it now? If so can you post pics? Thanks!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! beautiful ring!!!!!

WhoaNelly

Shiny_Rock
No words: gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results