shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm coming clean...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good to hear Ruby. I alternate between wanting to buy something smaller now to avoid kicking myself in the future if prices climb more, and waiting and combing the secondary market. I am leaning to the latter since I do enjoy the chase.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1316534324|3021387 said:
Good to hear Ruby. I alternate between wanting to buy something smaller now to avoid kicking myself in the future if prices climb more, and waiting and combing the secondary market. I am leaning to the latter since I do enjoy the chase.

Not to enable more spending :naughty: but what about getting one of the smaller AVCs or RBs from Good Old Gold and be able to upgrade later? Like this one: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/7265/ or this: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8560/ so that at least you'd have a stone to 'play with'?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't post because I knew you would come to the decision that was right for you. Myself if I was in that position I would have sold, because, ya know, priorities change. They just do. Having kids, I'm sure you understand that ;-)

I could sell every gemstone and piece of jewelry I have and not get to 11K so I'm holding on to what I have plus have two daughters that I can divvy it up to, but if I did have a single piece worth 11K, it would be a no-brainer for me. I would think, that's 1/4 of the attic remodel we want to do! or that's 11 years of piano lessons for DD! Or that's a heathy deposit for 529's for the kids college! That's the kind of stuff that brings a smile to my face.

Personally if I was in your position I would get a a high gold engraved band or a set of stacking or curved or twist rings to replace the diamond ring; something high end and esthetically pleasing but completely different. Because that symbolizes where you are at right now.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1316452104|3020709 said:
Well, I sold my RB.

After all these threads, I had a strong feeling you would.

It is what it is.

cheers--Sharon

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
At the end of the day, the whole point of jewelry lies somewhere between hard cash value and aesthetic beauty- call it the ridiculous and the sublime. Some of the things we love can be technically "worthless," but still hold immense value( I have some costume earrings that I would put up against anything Liz Taylor ever owned for sheer prettiness), but that just leaves us with personal preference and subjective valuation. The hard cash value, though? Now that's tangible. That's the whole point of these little valuable portable things that appreciate in worth and that we can weight against our immediate needs. I think it's fabulous that you managed to make a profit on jewelry so as to put the money to best advantage.

There are countless beautiful art pieces out there, and one of them has your name on it for eventually - in the meantime, as they say in "Cabaret" .... money money money money money money money!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel hugely liberated by this decision and immesely happy not to have the wight of the guilt and, as part gypsy said "What else could it be spent on??" yammering in my head. Best decision ever.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I was so surprised when I checked back into this thread and saw you pulled the trigger on the sale. You've got to do what feels right and if this is going to give you more financial freedom, it will be a huge sigh of relief. Glad to hear you are at peace with your decision Dreamer. Good luck on the sale!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1316565232|3021763 said:
I was so surprised when I checked back into this thread and saw you pulled the trigger on the sale. You've got to do what feels right and if this is going to give you more financial freedom, it will be a huge sigh of relief. Glad to hear you are at peace with your decision Dreamer. Good luck on the sale!

It is sold my friend, a vendor bought it.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1316586635|3021981 said:
lizzyann|1316565232|3021763 said:

It is sold my friend, a vendor bought it.

Awesome! :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1316452636|3020719 said:
Will getting rid of the *ring* or the *diamond* really get rid of the *obsession*? Time will tell I guess.

ETA: I know there's going to be a string of "NO! WHAT???!!!" posts and "You Go Girl" salvos ... I'm just more interested in whether this move is going to scratch the right itch. And if not, what will? Obviously you've been very conflicted about this issue for years now. I'm wishing you more PEACE than anything. (Even more than the expected financial relief.)

Agreed.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1316560975|3021717 said:
I feel hugely liberated by this decision and immesely happy not to have the wight of the guilt and, as part gypsy said "What else could it be spent on??" yammering in my head. Best decision ever.

That is awesome! I can tell how relieved you are.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1316464786|3020885 said:
well the most important thing is that you are happy and at peace with your decision! which it sounds like you are :)

Yes- your decision has to make you happy- not everyone on PS!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1317239760|3028096 said:
well the most important thing is that you are happy and at peace with your decision! which it sounds like you are :)

;))

I am very happy. Especially with the big old "0" showing on the credit card and line of credit.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1317240030|3028105 said:
Amys Bling|1317239760|3028096 said:

;))

I am very happy. Especially with the big old "0" showing on the credit card and line of credit.

That is a great feeling. Just got there recently myself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results