shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a widow

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's good to hear from you PB. Congratulations on the new job and your second home. Enjoy spending time in the city. :wavey:

Marcy

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats and wishing you many happy memories to come in your new home :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s great news. I was thinking of you as well and was even thinking of posting in the “have you seen” @PintoBean thread.
Happy to hear all is well. Congratulations on the new job and home. Be happy.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Blessings on your new job @PintoBean! Way to go! Glad to hear an update from you and wishing you all the best! Please bundle up as the weather can be brutal in NY. We all want you to have the best year yet! ❤️

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so happy to hear that you are doing well PB. Congrats on the new job and second house - fancy girl!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to hear from you, @PintoBean! Congratulations on your new job and home. I hope they bring you happiness and peace. Best wishes as you start a new adventure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mazel Tov @PintoBean! Congrats on your new job, your new home! The kitties are going to love it there as soon as the renos are complete.

congrats_kitty.gif

And you're gonna love the ballet and will look gorgeous in those opera glasses. Très sophistiqué.:appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Pinto! So happy to see you here again! Yay for the new home, I hope the renos offer some fun and distraction, and that you really enjoy the place once you're settled into it. Congrats on the new job too, fingers crossed it's a good one that gives you some of what you need and want!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's a huge update, good for you. It sounds like it was and is stressful, but it's moving forward. I'm not sure I could have handled doing these things. You are amazing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So excited for you! That is wonderful news. I hope you are enjoying your job and the renovations are going well.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been thinking about you PB and wondering how you are doing, and WOW! What an update! Congratulations on your job and new home, I can't imagine the conflicting feelings you must have, but it's still a huge achievement. Well done!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It can be so overwhelming PB. I remember closing on my last house (first solo adventure) and felt so scared. It was not the same excitement as my previous homes. It wasn't the plan Cousin. I know...but you are a strong woman. Be sad. Be happy. Be whatever you need to be. I am confident you will adjust and thrive in this new life. Change is always hard my dear friend.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
PB, I’m so glad to see a update from you! Congrats on your new job and the purchase of a second home! That’s a lot of changes at once! I’m sure it’s a big adjustment. I’m glad that you are acknowledging your feelings and making an effort to be social. That takes a lot of effort and courage! Please keep us posted as you are able! Sending hugs!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrates on the new job and new house!!!
You remain in our prayers!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started a full time job 3 weeks ago. I closed on a new home (my second home now) on Friday.

Good luck, PintoBean. These are huge moves and staying in other places while your second home is being renovated doesn't make it easier. I hope you are giving yourself a lot of treats. Congratulations!

Hugs,
Deb

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Happy to hear good news! - even just 'good on paper'.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new job, & home. What a whirlwind going between your homes. Keeping busy sure does help. I wish you all the best. :))

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww yay it's so good to hear from you!!! I've been wondering how you are and hoping all the best. Can't believe all the updates. Totally makes sense that you aren't 100% happy closing on the second home, but pretty darn cool and badass that you have a full time job and 2 places! You rock!!! We miss you!

Q

Queenie60

Good news PB. Wishing you well and think of you often.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Pinto Bean on the new home and new job!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Glad to read your update. It's good news.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to say, the hardest part is losing that partner.

The loneliness is devastating. People were like, oh, how wonderful, a new city, a new adventure. You can't cajole others into doing stuff with you the way you could rope your husband into it.

It is exhausting extending myself more than usual, especially as a super introvert. The few invitations I've had extended I accept. I'm even going to a 1 year old birthday party.

I wanted to do something tonight, but my neighbor didn't want to. It is a 7 to 11pm event, alcohol themed, a tasting even, which I dont feel safe going alone to. I am a firm believer that if you give off that energy, it makes you a target, so I'm keeping my caboose home.

I feel trapped often. I envy seeing people rush off after work to tend to family stuff or other appointments.

I joined an expensive gym that's right behind my office so I have an hour to kill after work before going home. It costs more every 2 weeks than I've ever paid per month in the past. I will start going next week, and I'm hoping it helps to burn off the negative energy.

That's all. Melancholy bean signing off!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the new job and new house, PintoBean!

My apologies if this resource has been shared earlier in this thread. But have you heard of an organization called One Fit Widow? It was created by a 30-something woman whose husband died in a plane crash.
https://www.onefitwidow.com/
Her site provides a variety of great resources. She's on Facebook, too. On her FB page you can join a closed group for people in specific geographic areas of the country. The My1FitLife NorthEast Region closed group has 329 members. Her FB page is closely monitored to keep the creeps out.

I wish you well as you move forward.

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, I admire your fortitude so much and your sense of humor in the face of such pain. So much to endure against ones wishes. Rome wasn’t built in a day. You are moving in a positive direction and your spirit is shining through.
You deserve to be proud of yourself!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that you are lonely. I hope your social scene expands with your new living quarters and new job. You have come so far dear lady - still think the best is yet to come. I'm sure you are tired of hearing people say that but you keep putting one foot in front of the other and I'm proud of you for all the progress you have made. I can only imagine how hard it is at times. Sending you big cyber hugs!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry PB. I understand your discomfort with always reaching out when you are an introvert. I am very familiar with that struggle. I wish so much that you lived closer to me!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I just saw this and I haven’t been around for a few years actively up until the last 6-7 months and I am so sorry for your loss. I am at a loss for words for your sadness.
But I wanted to drop in and congratulate you in your new endeavors and commend your strong willingness to get out there again and hope soon enough that days will be brighter and happier.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it isn't a substitute for real life interaction, fun, laughter, and companionship, but I hope the expressions here of deep affection and admiration give you a little boost.

You are awesome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results