shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a widow

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now you have a good excuse to switch to chocolate cake! :lickout:
There's literally ALWAYS an excuse and a reason for chocolate cake. Obviously.

I prescribe fukitol to many of my patients, by the way...
Fukitol™ is the greatest discovery ever. The lower doses aren't working for me, so I need it bumped up, and I need a tanker full right now.

Good for you Pinto that you were able to stand up to your MIL! Clearly, by her stammering, she knows she has done something wrong. I will never understand how they could have accepted the money- not to mention all the other stuff.
That is where I am. Why they felt entitled to that in the first place makes zero sense, but lying about everything else WHILE basically stealing from his estate? That's certifiable. And the psychic? No. Just no. :angryfire:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interjecting because 1) I am dying to know how your McT and McC ring is doing and 2) You probably need a temporary SN change bec it's a g'damn furnace here right now. You were in Rollamo right?

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Wrong answer. The correct answer is that we need to stand up to the patriarchy and eat chocolate cake whenever we feel like it, without a reason or excuse :lol:

There's literally ALWAYS an excuse and a reason for chocolate cake. Obviously.

Haha. Do you have a wholesale account somewhere? Maybe we can start a buyer's club :dance:

Fukitol™ is the greatest discovery ever. The lower doses aren't working for me, so I need it bumped up, and I need a tanker full right now

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
The ring is doing well, thank you! It's on my finger as we speak :D It's been four years and I have no regrets about any part of the design. I'm hoping to visit their atelier in the next few month, so if anyone wants to buy a kidney, they should let me know please :lol:

I do need a name change, given that it has been roughly 8000F here for as long as I can remember. If only I were freezing! I have been carrying the heat with me everywhere I go. I took it to the Bay Area in June, where the temperature hit 95F. That is roughly 20 degrees higher than usual.

Interjecting because 1) I am dying to know how your McT and McC ring is doing and 2) You probably need a temporary SN change bec it's a g'damn furnace here right now.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hope you're having a good trip PB!! Enjoy that chocolate cake!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you tonight, PB. I hope you are having fun and then sleeping well.

Q

Queenie60

Thinking of you every day. Hope you're doing better - you're in my thoughts and prayers.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170728_191559.jpg
Stopping by with cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory (I know I know it's a big chain..but hey we have to make do over here in Asia lol)! Hope you are enjoying equally yummy dessert :sun:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you ladies for making me :lol:

I had SUCH... a wonderful time with @LAJennifer, her darling husband and her amazeball kitties!!! Kitties took turns sleeping with Aunty PB! They are everything you'd expect of a PS family - beautiful, bright, smart, kind, warm and wonderful people.

Chicago is so wonderful. Wednesday, we spent a good amount of time at Tiffany. Ermagherd the glass of champagne I was served was a FULL GLASS! lololol. I found that Tiffany's YG is lighter and brighter than cartier's! I don't like it on me AT ALL! However, Tiffany's RG surprisingly looks good on me! RG usually looks meh on me. While I'm usually a bigger is better girl, the 9mm RG bean truly suits me. The SA explained that it symbolizes a new beginning.:saint: I think it's definitely on my short list for future bling purchases. I'd love it if someone special gifts it to me one day to mark mine or our new beginning together (depending on the type of special someone lololol).

NOW ladies:wavey: - were you stalking me? :eek2: cuzzz... Thursday, I had chocolate cake + cheesecake = FRANGO'S mint CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE!:appl:
You know, what was funny is that I didn't miss my cats :confused2:. I missed my sonicare toothbrush (cuz I like squeaky clean teeth), and my ultrasonic (cuz I hate brushing my invisalign and prefer letting the ultrasonic do the work for me) lololol. It was such an indulgence having a break from "my life". LAJennifer was just the hostess with the most-est. I could hang out with her forever. I feel like I've been friends with her forever lololol.

Where I left off before vacation was the Liberty Mutual auto claim rep needing MORE stuff from me before being able to issue the check. There was some confusion I guess, and I'm just not understanding if people dying is that unusual lolol. She keeps mentioning in the emails that there is a UPS envelope to drop the docs in? No there isn't? IDK - something to clarify on Monday. The attorney was on vacation end of last week and he emailed me some homework - type up the letter of admin form with a couple edits - ok. Tuesday I have a kinda orientation (part 1 of 3) to feel out if becoming a financial advisor is the right path for me.

It was bitter sweet leaving Chicago and LAJennifer today. As car service took me home from the airport, I felt myself tearing over the idea of getting back to the drudgery. Some tears leaked out.:oops2: I feel guilty wishing I was back in Chicago on vacation. I was so relaxed and happy. I sing a lot when I'm happy and I think LAJennifer definitely busted me singing to her cats quite often lololol.

Not too long after I got home, I went to visit my neighbor Bill and he asked me to take a look at his torso - he broke out into hives again. Last time was right after chemo. His throat was bothering him too since yesterday. His wife took pics and he took two benadryl. They ended up going to the ER as a safety precaution. They couldn't get ahold of his regular oncologist and radiologist. I stopped by the ER after a brief break on my couch with all fruit + protein smoothies and 2 packs of Tate's cookies. The ER doc is sending him home with prednisone and pepcid and benadryl and epi-pen scripts. I got some taco bell for a late night dinner on the way home lololol.

OOOOhhh... PintoBean got to see the Chicago bean lololol.:appl:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
So glad you got a break from all the drudgery :)

Even when you need to take care of yourself first, you're always looking out for others-- very kind heart. Please be kind to yourself PB. <3

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It sounds like Chicago is your kind of town, if you'll pardon the Sinatra reference :mrgreen2: I'm so glad you had a lovely vacation in the truest sense of the word.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm so glad that you had a great time in Chicago with LAJennifer! It sounds like a break was just what you needed! I'm sorry that you've had to return to more paperwork and "stuff". Fingers crossed that all of that junk is done asap! I'll bet your kitties were happy to have you home!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Modest PB forgot to say that she and LAJennifer and LAJennifer's hubs were the life of the Christmas in July party! The Christmas outfits were fabulous -- PB as a candy cane! And LAJennifer MADE the cutest top. She is one super creative lady!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you enjoyed your trip!
Getting away from your day to day life is so important to do sometimes.

Did someone slip some of their Fukitol prescription into my tea last week? I decided "next year" was now and I was going to the big music festival (wanted to go but put off until "next year" for the last 5 years). I found a random stranger on FB with an extra ticket (it is sold out) and showed up to meet her to buy for $200 cash. Near miracle the night before the shows start!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, greetings from Newfoundland where I have broken my butt hiking too many steep trails. A broken butt that was already saggy is frightful and I think I saw a couple Moose carrying "go home yankee" signs. Happy to hear that you had fun in Chicago.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto: thinking of you always!! So glad you had fun in Chicago, and got to hang out with a fellow PS-er! Hooray!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today was rough. I made it a point to not do anything widow related lolol. I ran some errands and was glad to accept dinner at my neighbor's home. Taco Bell from last night left my stomach on fire today :evil2:. I felt blue today and I felt guilty for not missing my life at all when I was gone.

I'm a little anxious about Tuesday's "orientation" on financial advising. My neighbor said that if I'm given a mentor I can do anything bc I'm a quick study. It's kinda true bc my mind goes blank when I study from books but if I'm shown how the theory applies in real life I get it. I'm not sure how to dress on Tuesday so it will be some random dress from my closet +cardigan+black open toe espadrilles-ish wedges. This firm is more current and they even play music! I guess that's an upgrade from when I show up for advising in sweats. I've been told to bring my resume and that I will sit with a dude through 3 sessions. What do I have to lose? Pretty much this has been how I've gotten positions in the past - by talking to people about what they're doing, not really understanding what they do, finding out there's an opening and going for it. I didn't know what people did at a patent law firm when I approached them for an internship over 10 years ago. All I knew was that it was 10 mins drive from home and the current intern was leaving for grad school so the opportunity was mine for the seizing. I just have to go with the PintoBean flow.

Ughhhh I am thinking about the pancakes and corned beef hash from scratch I had in Chicago Saturday morning. Talk about a purrrrfect send off meal. So flipping good!

I noticed on Netflix that someone recently watched "Memento". Doh! In-laws have my Netflix login. Time to change the password! I still feel guilty about taking the "fizzle and fade" route... I also feel foolish for letting my love of husband andfor family make me overlook their flaws in the past.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you had a nice get away trip! Sounds like you had loads of fun!
Good luck on Tuesday - it will go better than you think. If nothing else, it is a learning experience and something new to reflect upon. New things to mull over are good for the mind and the soul as they can try to nudge out the bad things that go through your mind.
Keep us posted - fingers and toes crossed for you!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, first of all I am so happy you had a wonderful visit with your friends in Chicago and that the party Xmas in July was so much fun. Second of all don't feel guilty for not missing your life back here because you weren't gone long enough to miss it. The kitties were good for a few days and you would have missed them had you been gone longer so don't be so tough on yourself.

Third of all good luck tomorrow. I have a good feeling about this and no matter what happens at the very least (MGR great minds think alike as you took the thoughts and words right out of my head and mouth LOL) you will gain something positive from this experience and hopefully a wonderful position will come out of it. Sending you buckets of good luck vibes.

Oh, and change that Netflix password pronto please. They don't deserve it and don't feel badly about overlooking your in laws flaws when Michael was alive. I wish I could be the bigger person that way and it isn't anything to feel badly about. More power to you. But yeah change that password please.:P2

Good luck tomorrow!!!:appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you ladies for making me :lol:

I had SUCH... a wonderful time with @LAJennifer, her darling husband and her amazeball kitties!!! Kitties took turns sleeping with Aunty PB! They are everything you'd expect of a PS family - beautiful, bright, smart, kind, warm and wonderful people.

Chicago is so wonderful. Wednesday, we spent a good amount of time at Tiffany. Ermagherd the glass of champagne I was served was a FULL GLASS! lololol. I found that Tiffany's YG is lighter and brighter than cartier's! I don't like it on me AT ALL! However, Tiffany's RG surprisingly looks good on me! RG usually looks meh on me. While I'm usually a bigger is better girl, the 9mm RG bean truly suits me. The SA explained that it symbolizes a new beginning.:saint: I think it's definitely on my short list for future bling purchases. I'd love it if someone special gifts it to me one day to mark mine or our new beginning together (depending on the type of special someone lololol).

NOW ladies:wavey: - were you stalking me? :eek2: cuzzz... Thursday, I had chocolate cake + cheesecake = FRANGO'S mint CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE!:appl:
You know, what was funny is that I didn't miss my cats :confused2:. I missed my sonicare toothbrush (cuz I like squeaky clean teeth), and my ultrasonic (cuz I hate brushing my invisalign and prefer letting the ultrasonic do the work for me) lololol. It was such an indulgence having a break from "my life". LAJennifer was just the hostess with the most-est. I could hang out with her forever. I feel like I've been friends with her forever lololol.

OOOOhhh... PintoBean got to see the Chicago bean lololol.:appl:
I never wore mine and sold it but I think you could buy one IN Chicago, and let that trip be your "new beginning." New job potentially, new start.

Today was rough. I made it a point to not do anything widow related lolol. I ran some errands and was glad to accept dinner at my neighbor's home. Taco Bell from last night left my stomach on fire today :evil2:. I felt blue today and I felt guilty for not missing my life at all when I was gone.

I noticed on Netflix that someone recently watched "Memento". Doh! In-laws have my Netflix login. Time to change the password! I still feel guilty about taking the "fizzle and fade" route... I also feel foolish for letting my love of husband andfor family make me overlook their flaws in the past.
Oh--change that shit RIGHT NOW. Actually, change ALL your PW, for all accounts. And if you have access to any of his, change those right now too, and set them to forward to you if you can.

You're allowed to not miss your current life of rebuilding and being sad. The pain and sadness will start to fade. You shouldn't feel guilty because you're not clinging to that pain and sadness and are trying to pick up, move on, find yourself and figure things out. Life happened in a way you didn't expect it, you're allowed to feel sad but you're not ALWAYS going to be sad and that's ok.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Pinto, your vacation sounds wonderful! LAJennifer sounds like such a sweet person. So glad you were able to get away and spend time with wonderful people. You certainly deserve it.
How satisfying will it be to change your Netflix login? I would love to be a fly on the wall the first time they realize they can't use your account anymore. Hey, maybe use some of the money you took from the estate and get your own account!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so bad right now. On Saturday and Sunday I caught a whiff of poop when I'd walk towards the foyer but couldn't see anything on the ground. I went downstairs not too long ago and caught a whiff again and knew it wasn't just my imagination now. I turned the lights on and found poop on the dining room chair that Honda usually lays on. Luckily I have covers on the chairs. It looks like 2 days worth of poop and she tried to cover it by pulling up the chair cover. There's a bunch of white fur on the poop bc the chair cover had her fur on it already lololol.

I feel terribly bc the first time there was an accident it was a day or two after mike passed and a cat had pooped on a bath rug in the bathroom adjacent to the guest room that Honda and K sleep in. This is their second accident ever and it happens after I go away probably day 2 and 3 of my trip. One set of poops felt firmer than the other as I transferred them to the toilet. I suspect it's Honda. I'm going to give her some treats as a little extra tlc and lavish extra praises on her when she performs her tricks. I'll keep the door closed so she has one on one time with mama for a few before I wind down.

freezing_in_MO

Shiny_Rock
Poor kitty!

If it makes you feel any better, I accidentally locked my cat in a storage room yesterday. I hadn't realized that she followed me in there. She was stuck there for about four hours.

I realized after a day that she had a similar accident, for the first time ever. I think she was scared. She very considerately did the job in a cooler :lol: My husband thinks it was out of spite. I think it was the closest thing to a litter box that she could find. The best part? The cooler was sitting next to the (closed) bin where I keep the kitty litter.

Good luck with your interview!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With that many reasons to feel worried (not that it is ever good for anything), how do you squeeze in guilt !?

Half-joking ... Life is changing here too.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg guardian angels exist! I slept through 5 alarms and woke up to a phone call and then saw that the meeting had moved out half an hour. I still had time to feed the cats, tackle cat vomit in 3 parts of the house (that I discovered by stepping in it), take my dress off to add a camisole under it lolol, and get there on time.

It was an hour and I think he wanted to see if I'm personable. As we were going through slides he asked for my opinion on something and I made a suggestion that he promptly implemented. Next Tuesday is session #2.

I had to make a quick trip to the supermarket after I fed the cats tonight for milk. When I got home I just sat in my driveway. I didn't want to go back inside and resume my "new normal". Then my neighbor pulled into his driveway which prompted me to get out of my car.

I sent in hopefully what is the last of my documents for getting the car reimbursement check.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pinto Bean, that is fabulous your suggestion got promptly implemented. Good luck next week with session 2.

It sounds like you had a fabulous time in Chicago. How could you not between Tiffany's, cheesecake and a Christmas in July party. And hanging out with some wonderful PS friends.

Sorry to hear about the cats leaving unpleasant surprises for you around the house. Ugh.

Take care.
Marcy

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, yes. The traditional gifts from our kitties! They do so love to shower us with affection and leave us tokens of their love in the form of vomit. :doh:Lord knows that I've stepped in more than my fair share. :sick:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results