shape
carat
color
clarity

iluvdiamonds2 Sparkly New Reset (wedding set)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! You did well! Your new setting complements your beautiful stone perfectly.

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! Thank you all for your thoughtful responses and compliments!!!! They made me very happy. I know you all loved the old setting so very much. I liked how it showed the diamond too, it sat low and the light hit it a certain way and it was pretty. The points you guys made about stuff was great - I'm so happy you guys thought I did a good job. I do love it, can u believe that?? I will definitely write more soon w/ info and post more pics, but can't take more pics until the weekend as I leave in the dark and get home in the dark!! I need some sunlight for pics.
Thanks again everybody for your responses!!
:wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
The setting is so beautiful! I absolutely love it - please, more more details!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I followed your threads about changing your setting & loved the old setting. But OMG this is magnificent :love: :love: :love: :love:

Absolutely one of the most beautiful settings I've seen! I love when a setting is thicker at the stone and tapers to thinner down the shank. This heart makes my heart go pitter-pat :)) Fabulous choice!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Amazing set, I just love it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like it? I love it!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you did it and YOU were right all along!!! It was always gorgeous and I always voted to keep it as is. BUT, the new setting is TDF!

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
Stunning :love:

TaterTots

Shiny_Rock
I lurk here more than I post but I had to come out and say this setting looks perfect with your diamond. Such an amazing set. =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nielseel|1358124560|3354917 said:
MissGotRocks|1358116679|3354845 said:
I must applaud you for your tenacity! I loved the old setting and really didn't care for so many of the others you had contemplated. I really thought your old setting was perfection but you have found the PERFECT upgraded setting! It is like the old but better - I'm surprised - but in such a good way!! You did an excellent job in choosing this new setting and band. It looks gorgeous on you and really does showcase that beautiful stone very well.

We'll take a ton more pictures please - it it gorgeous!! :love: :love:

This was how i felt. I was like "shes not going to find a better setting" But yet you proved me wrong!
Very very beautiful

Add me to the list! Didn't really want you to change it, but it looks fabulous in the new setting! :love: :appl:

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock
OMG thanks you guys!!!!!!! Really warms my heart!!! I'm so happy you all love the setting - you know I was nervous right?? I really value your opinions and always appreciated you all telling me your honest opinion -and I can't believe how much you all love the new ring. I'm so happy because I know how u loved the other setting. You guys wanted to know what I'll do w/ the setting. I don't have any plans for it now, but if I ever re-used it I would have it re-built (the shank) and shine up and/or rebuild the prongs if necessary. As far as the new ring goes, I can't believe I even did it!! It just felt right! So much so that I ordered the custom band the day I got my e-ring! I just noticed that the diamond is set with each facet perfectly centered in between each side of the shank! That adds to the overall look I think. There is a gap between the band and the ring but I guess nobody really noticed. They could make the band lower, so it fits flush,, but I'd lose some of the etching details on the sides and I love the height of it as it is. I got it in the diamond district in NYC. I've seen thousands of settings online and in person over the years. Finally saw something that was quality and seemed like the perfect fit for my stone. The jewelers were super nice to work with and they had quality stuff IMHO. They have a huge window and are right there when you enter. Gabriel was the store. F/G full cut stones, VS, not sure of width or anything, I guess it's like 2.5 mm - 3mm at top(?) They had to modify the center part to fit my center stone. I will try to take more pics this weekend- we haven't had any sunshine in a long time!! What props can I use? PS: Should I change my avatar?? If so, which pic??
The rings keep sliding off stuff - can't prop them up....(?) tips? Thanks again everybody! I don't think Gypsy saw it yet, wonder what she thinks! TTYS :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I really like the graduated setting! It does make your stone look larger and I like the new height. And the matching band is really just stunning. Glad you found something that makes you happy!

And as far as a pic you should choose for your avatar, I like the one with the whole set in the rose.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Tremendous! I'm so glad you found the perfect setting for your diamond. The whole ring now looks like a perfect jewel. I can't wait for more pictures this weekend. Come out sunshine!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Love your new set, I like the old setting but the new set goes together so well, just lovely!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!!! It is perfect. It's really hard to find rings that taper that way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results