shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were to take on a new project...

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher I‘m wondering if I could bother you to photoshop something I’m considering for a project, pretty please :))? You are always so good at it!
I’ve been thinking about switching out the sides stones on my three stone diamond ring for sapphires, but am having a hard time visualization it. Here’s my ring in DK’s glamour pics:
BAF0FEBE-D4C5-4FE4-872B-A7885B4C56C8.jpeg
and the sapphires I’m considering:
5F464DA0-0013-4A26-AD22-CD04E0F42D5E.jpeg
I’ve considered emerald or rubies too, but haven’t searched for pairs yet since I’m still kicking the idea around.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love ogling at the colour combinations, keep them coming!

DK :))

voce

Ideal_Rock
@2Neezers I'm surprised you want to switch out the diamonds for sapphires. That ring looks like perfection to me with the three diamonds.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers
I love your three stone as is.
But I LOVE the idea of colored sidestones!
6740596B-9DA9-4690-87BB-49E6054817B0.jpeg

Happy to help!

Thank you!! It’s so helpful seeing this! I love the idea of sapphire sides too. I wear a five stone diamond anniversary band as my ering most of the time lately and the three stone ring seems too similar somehow. I was hoping to mix it up without having to get a new setting and this would be a nice and simple solution.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@2Neezers I'm surprised you want to switch out the diamonds for sapphires. That ring looks like perfection to me with the three diamonds.

Thanks for saying that @voce ! I’m still thinking it over.. I do think all diamonds look nice, but I need some color! Making the matching wedding band in to a diamond and sapphire eternity might be another option. I’ll be back with pictures of the band and set together :)).

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for saying that @voce ! I’m still thinking it over.. I do think all diamonds look nice, but I need some color! Making the matching wedding band in to a diamond and sapphire eternity might be another option. I’ll be back with pictures of the band and set together :)).

With a straight eternity band some of the stones would get covered, so you wouldn't necessarily see as much color as you want in hand shots. My personal preference would be to get more sapphires and do a unique chaser ring around the three diamonds.

My chaser ring set is still getting worked on by Enhoerning's wax carver. Eagerly awaiting the day that it'll be done.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
With a straight eternity band some of the stones would get covered, so you wouldn't necessarily see as much color as you want in hand shots. My personal preference would be to get more sapphires and do a unique chaser ring around the three diamonds.

My chaser ring set is still getting worked on by Enhoerning's wax carver. Eagerly awaiting the day that it'll be done.

I can’t wait to see your chaser ring! I had these rings made to sit flush and the center stone only covers a couple of the diamonds in the bands. I tried to take hand shots, but between puffy fingers and too much hand sanitizer, I opted to post these instead :lol: .
B2284DEA-4DF8-4338-9E7D-5DC0048F47F4.jpeg 3E4E5381-6832-458D-A574-10C2D881AC90.jpeg
I‘m torn between switching out the two sides for sapphires or having a diamond/sapphire eternity of some type made. I’d love to hear opinions!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I can’t wait to see your chaser ring! I had these rings made to sit flush and the center stone only covers a couple of the diamonds in the bands. I tried to take hand shots, but between puffy fingers and too much hand sanitizer, I opted to post these instead :lol: .
B2284DEA-4DF8-4338-9E7D-5DC0048F47F4.jpeg 3E4E5381-6832-458D-A574-10C2D881AC90.jpeg
I‘m torn between switching out the two sides for sapphires or having a diamond/sapphire eternity of some type made. I’d love to hear opinions!

I love your set just as it is, but of course it does lack color.

I'm more a fan of colored stone center and diamond sides, as my eyes are instantly drawn to the color not to the colorless diamond, and something about having two colored stones on the sides feels a little distressing visually. A five-stone that's DSDSD would feel more balanced, but would probably be too close to your anniversary band! If it were me, I'd pull out the center stone instead, switch it out for a sapphire, and pop the center stone into a target ring, perhaps one of the ones that Ivyandrosevintage offers.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your set just as it is, but of course it does lack color.

I'm more a fan of colored stone center and diamond sides, as my eyes are instantly drawn to the color not to the colorless diamond, and something about having two colored stones on the sides feels a little distressing visually. A five-stone that's DSDSD would feel more balanced, but would probably be too close to your anniversary band! If it were me, I'd pull out the center stone instead, switch it out for a sapphire, and pop the center stone into a target ring, perhaps one of the ones that Ivyandrosevintage offers.

You have given me a lot to think about - Thank you! After all of these years, I’m still trying to figure out what I like and don’t like. I do typical like contrast and my heart skipped a beat when I first saw @Rfisher photoshop with the sapphire sides. The set sits unworn for the most part, so I know I need to do something with it, one way or another!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you are not! but, this is the one.

So what are you thinking you want to do with your tsavorite pear, if you’ve decided? If you’ll indulge us, that is!
The skinner auction pic was the only one I could find, hope it helps

elizat

Ideal_Rock
So what are you thinking you want to do with your tsavorite pear, if you’ve decided? If you’ll indulge us, that is!
The skinner auction pic was the only one I could find, hope it helps

Of course! It's going to be this one from Skinner as the inspiration. I am quite happy you found it!

I am leaning towards a decorative metal halo, instead of clean halo surround where it meets the shoulders, with foliage details of some type. Casey is going to sketch and work on it after the first week of July. She has the concept of it, and likes it too.

I am also going to add little diamonds in the shoulders for sure. Not sure about in the metal halo or not. I don't know if the metal halo will be floral or more ribbon-y or just decorative, but I do want a metal frame that goes with the concept and flows into the bows on the sides.I would like to do an interior milgrain bezel surrounding the tsav.

I am thinking 18kt yellow gold or whatever we can do that is rich looking. I have a 22kt CvB ring, but it's much softer. I would like it to be yellow though, to pop. Rose is pretty but I can't wear it well. I might have her put white gold next to it and see what she thinks. Maybe an unplated white would be pretty.

For the band, I am looking at doing it with some pretty engraving, but not the heavy engraving like the Spring Gulch, but the lighter more traditional wheat engraving you see on antique pieces.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love YG with green
Will be excited to see this one come to fruition for you!

voce

Ideal_Rock
326332A3-9D8D-4D57-AFD1-25F323549CA2.jpeg
35D232D2-2FA2-498A-A5BA-41EA79C1D2A9.jpeg 337DB39E-6AAE-4571-BA89-ECDAC00B061F.jpeg

193F21A1-FB05-42A7-93F8-B3D6C67FB898.jpeg

I think it fits?

Lol great minds think alike. I considered using that exact same spinel with the setting in the left, but realized I'd rather spend $2k on other projects I've got planned.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Here's a photo of @suzanne2's fabulous tsav and sapphire ring by DKJ. There's a long thread on this piece with numerous photos if it appeals. LINK

suzanne2 ring tsav-sapphire sides (2).jpg

Thanks! It's a beautiful design, but too modern for me personally. I landed on a very Edwardian concept and Caysie will sketch of our further. Looking forward to seeing what she does!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, thank you!! I’ve been in love with this ever since I saw it. It’s cube ness is fascinating. I promise to post many pics as I figure out too, how to set it.
BTW, Brad at THT has a few more! The ones I posted earlier are in his inventory. The largest is 14 carats and also has a lovely shape for a pendant. Maybe he can get more super large ones?
7BA7C3AE-8710-48D6-B575-3CEAC63E1B95.jpeg

I thought of you today when I saw this
E32B7FDA-3FD6-42C7-B1E4-2716764EE007.jpeg

=)

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resurrecting this old thread instead of placing elsewhere. Besides it’s almost Easter!

Not a project in the works for me - just a musing. I think some of those lovely oval astors blue Nile has would look nice. I do want some of those someday!

Imagine a floral type head mashed with a 5 stone trellis. And interleave some greenery in the trellis vine.
03EF3B9B-1C34-4368-A516-B23246144380.jpeg

I’d ask Amy at DKJ to employ some of her skills to further design on the cad to show the leaves to be integrated into the trellis as coming out as part of the vine so it’s a bit 3d as opposed to only 2d appliqué.

Not an original concept to be sure (nothing new under the sun) - but maybe an example of the same concept with different interpretation and different avenue to get there.

Edit- crap these aren’t colored stones for this forum - but maybe you can imagine them to be :)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results