shape
carat
color
clarity

If you lost all your jewelry and were given the money instead to do what you liked....

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I'd get a very big cheque :lol: but I guess I'd probably get one EC lavender spinel ring then save the rest towards a house deposit.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
I’m in the sentimental camp and my most loved jewelry is irreplaceable for that reason. If I lost it all I’d probably only replace my largest diamond studs straight away and use the rest of the money to slowly replace the sentimental pieces with custom items that are new but in the same spirit as the original item, like @marymm with her wedding band.

Impossible to replace my wedding band, which matches DH's including sweet engraving inside shank... but he'd be up for a new set for us, platinum this time, and we'd do something special, maybe even a renewal ceremony, to imbue the new bands with our love and promises to each other.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I'd spend every cent on jewelry. I do not have sentimental attachment to any of my jewelry and all is replaceable, so I would be fortunate if this scenario happened to me.

Replace with same:
7.8ctw 3-prong tennis bracelet
3ctw diamond studs in crown settings
5-stone ring in trellis setting
2.5ctw inside out j-hoop earrings
white gold hoop earrings

Replace with similar:
ceylon sapphire bracelet
ceylon sapphire ring
garnet bracelet
garnet ring
.40ctw diamond studs set super low for 2nd earring hole

Upgrade wedding ring:
between 3.70-4.25 H VS2 ACA 6-prong solitaire with split shank setting

New item:
white gold link bracelet (I am currently on the hunt for this now)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, this is fun! It would be nice to have all that money knowing what I know now, such as what I really wear, and what I'd like in a different size or color! I have been thinking about this a lot anyway. I want to pare down to a basic classic collection that I love and start giving my daughters the things I don't wear so they can enjoy them.

1) Whiteflash ACA diamond studs (replacing). I am happy with my current 1.3 ct each studs, but I'd maybe go for 1.5 cts each in the imaginary situation!

2) WF platinum DBTY with 15 pointers: 36", 17", and 7" bracelet (replacing and adding 17")

3) WF ACA tennis bracelet, probably the 7.8 ct. (debating about this because I'd rarely wear it)

4) WF ACA engagement ring, 2.5 cts, G VS1 or 3 stone with smaller center (because I think my AVR is not easily replaceable). If I did the 3 stone, then I might add another emerald cut or antique asscher diamond ring while I am dreaming.

5) WF 5 stone band for either right hand or when I don't want to wear the solitaire on the left.

6) Tiffany Legacy wedding band (replace) and maybe a full diamond eternity with larger stones.

7) Tiffany diamond cross pendant (replace)

8) a fine sapphire and diamond ring

9) white south sea pearl earrings

10) some everyday white gold and yg hoop earrings

11) a yellow gold set of VCA pieces, probably earrings (2), bracelets (2), pendant/necklace (2)

12) a white gold set of VCA pieces, same as above

13) the rest would be to replace some staple pieces I am collecting for my daughters and granddaughters. I plan to give each of them diamond studs (already have these), a diamond cross, and a ring or two for special birthdays.

Thank you for asking this question, because it really was helpful for me to narrow down what I'd like to keep or add!

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for asking this question, because it really was helpful for me to narrow down what I'd like to keep or add!

It's the same for me. Looking into appraising and selling items that I no longer wear so that others can love them.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread, hmmmm? I would replace the pieces I designed. I would buy at least a 3ct MRB and at least a 2ct OEC. Oh and a pair of 2ct studs

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great question, as many of us have re-evaluated priorities lately.

1. I’d replace my 3.74 CvB Ering though I honestly might go a bit smaller.

2. I doubt I could replace my SS oval

3. I’d replace my OEC 1.75 tcw studs and would probably upgrade to about 1.5 each stone

4. I’d replace my gemstone cabochon collection and the IDJ earring jackets, as I wear them a lot.

5. I’d replace my rose gold engraved band, which I wear to the beach/gym, etc.

That’s it. The rest I’d put towards retirement...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw this thread! How did I miss this!
I often worry about a break-in where all my jewelry is stolen. I don’t have a safe because we will be moving in a few years...I’ll get one in my new house...
Anyway...I have a lot but I don’t have a lot insured..It would be devastating...not financially...I get very attached to my jewelry..
I would replace my 3.04ctw studs with the same stats...I would have them set in a crown setting done by David.
I would get an ACA..3 carat D or E color in a tapered baguette setting..I’m very happy with a G but wouldn’t turn down a D or E..haha David would set it...
1 carat ACA diamond pendant
ACA diamond bracelet by Whiteflash
My asscher five stone band
3/4 eternity band ACAs
Cartier 18k white gold band
Tiffany channel baguette band
Tiffany Circlet pendant
A few different bands to change for variety

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I would probably only replace my earrings and one ring.. with a big, chunky eoc, I think, lol..

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started to add up all that I have paid in jewelry and - Yikes!

I would probably buy an 3 carat OEC and diamond band. Then one thick band with diamonds to wear at work.

I wouldn't even try to replace my colored stone rings because the gemstones have gone up so much in price. Set aside 2k for pre-loved pearls and enjoy that hunt. The rest of the money I would use to upgrade something in the house. Maybe a new bathroom in the basement or buy a new car.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Like many others, I’m not emotionally attached to my jewellery. Don’t get me wrong, they give me so much joy and I love them all but inevitably, there comes a time to re home some of them. I have many branded pieces that I would not replace if lost. I would use that money to buy more custom pieces.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I'd pare things down and get a few key pieces:

nice watch
great diamond ring
RHR with blue sapphire
gold locket or diamond solitaire pendant
That's it.

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sort of doing this right now. I've gradually sold almost all my pieces and inherited items (other than the most special) and put them all towards what I really want, which is a good sized (for me) EC solitaire and plain thin matching band, both incredibly simple and plain. That's it! I don't wear any other jewellery and honestly can't think of anything else I want. Maybe I will re-set for a future anniversary or big birthday.

I feel bogged down by possessions that I don't use, and also feel that beautiful items should be loved and worn, so have no problem letting go of pieces, even at a loss. I am not very sentimental. I guess I've kind of cut out the middleman in terms of being burgled :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sort of doing this right now. I've gradually sold almost all my pieces and inherited items (other than the most special) and put them all towards what I really want, which is a good sized (for me) EC solitaire and plain thin matching band, both incredibly simple and plain. That's it! I don't wear any other jewellery and honestly can't think of anything else I want. Maybe I will re-set for a future anniversary or big birthday.

I feel bogged down by possessions that I don't use, and also feel that beautiful items should be loved and worn, so have no problem letting go of pieces, even at a loss. I am not very sentimental. I guess I've kind of cut out the middleman in terms of being burgled :lol:

You’re an ORTRTA girl. ❤️
You’re in good company. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results