• 2.50ct D Flawless

Votes: 61 61.0%
  • 8ct K/SI2

Votes: 39 39.0%

• Total voters

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have to go for 2.5 as I have confirmed 8 is a little too much when I tried one on for fun at Grace's booth last year. If I recall correctly, the ring I tried on was a K and ~106k?

Please excuse my dry hands.

Looks awesome on you. Not too large at all!

C2570ABC-1F0D-41E6-9DDE-390D16343C12.jpeg I I tried this on at Sotheby’s in London a couple of years ago, and it ultimately sold for about $130,000. IIRC it was about 10.5 cts M colour.

oh my goodness!!! @Austina this is perfection on you. I mean Bella is always the tops but this is a close second. Wowza. If only we could have all the shapes we wanted. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So if I had 100k I’d add to it whatever I could afford and get an antique diamond from Anup probably. I drool daily over his IG page. But I also drool over @Rockdiamond ’s IG. It’s so hard to choose!

I mean I need this. :kiss2:

CB14FF08-E9C2-40F0-A967-F952CB46E8C1.jpeg

7 carats of chunky perfection ❤

An exquisite antique oval cut diamond with incredibly high color, an impressively large spread and great clarity. The elongated oval shape is smooth and symmetrical, with large windmill facets and unforgettable in every way.

It is certified G color with VS2 clarity by the Gemological Institute of America”

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
So if I had 100k I’d add to it whatever I could afford and get an antique diamond from Anup probably. I drool daily over his IG page. But I also drool over @Rockdiamond ’s IG. It’s so hard to choose!

I mean I need this. :kiss2:

CB14FF08-E9C2-40F0-A967-F952CB46E8C1.jpeg

7 carats of chunky perfection ❤

An exquisite antique oval cut diamond with incredibly high color, an impressively large spread and great clarity. The elongated oval shape is smooth and symmetrical, with large windmill facets and unforgettable in every way.

It is certified G color with VS2 clarity by the Gemological Institute of America”
Now Missy you have done it now. This is utter perfection OMG. Where is my 100k when I need it lol

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C2570ABC-1F0D-41E6-9DDE-390D16343C12.jpeg I I tried this on at Sotheby’s in London a couple of years ago, and it ultimately sold for about $130,000. IIRC it was about 10.5 cts M colour.

i see that photo and my first thought is how full of fingerprints that stone would get. would have to carry a cleaning stick or something to wipe it constantly so it doesn't look like a piece of topaz :lol::lol::lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now Missy you have done it now. This is utter perfection OMG. Where is my 100k when I need it lol

If only it were *just* 100K. LOL I would find a way to make it mine then. But no, it's over 200K so I cannot even dream about it. Well, I can dream about it after all a girl can always dream, right? :bigsmile: :kiss:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i see that photo and my first thought is how full of fingerprints that stone would get. would have to carry a cleaning stick or something to wipe it constantly so it doesn't look like a piece of topaz :lol::lol::lol:

That is a great point. That is just another reason I love old cuts. They don't seem to get dirty too quickly. I mean they are just as beautiful and sparkly days and days after wear without cleaning. But shhh don't tell anyone I go days and days before cleaning Bubbalah. :oops:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
If only it were *just* 100K. LOL I would find a way to make it mine then. But no, it's over 200K so I cannot even dream about it. Well, I can dream about it after all a girl can always dream, right? :bigsmile: :kiss:
What’s a girl without dreams. It’s utter perfection but your ring is amazing also

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between these two, and only these two, the 2.5 D/IF. I could not comfortably wear (physically or mentally) an 8ct all the time. I like rings I can wear with ease and enjoy all day long.

If I had that much to spend, though, I'd likely split it up and get an F/VS2 CBI three-stone and an F/VS2 Octavia, in whatever sizes the budget allows.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Such interesting answers!!! Thank you everyone for contributing....were you surprised at the results so far?

I'll admit I have always loved larger diamonds....and bargains.....but I have been reconsidering.......

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, I did that diamond size comparison site just to see how the 2.5 v 8 would look like.

I would take the 2.5 b/c the 8 is not big enough, and I don't want to halo it. So, I'll just default to taking the highest clarity and color instead. :lol-2:

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I personally prefer higher color, higher clarity diamonds for larger carat sizes.

Since I already have a MRB, I would get a 4ct Emerald in F VVS.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Here's my 2.5 ct D VS1 CBI.

I wouldn't say she's "large" but I also don't think she looks small. Call me Goldilocks, but I think she's just right.

IMG_9660.jpg

IMG_9848.jpg

IMG_0115 !!.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results