Votes: 39 39.0%

• Total voters

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m a size whore.

OcnGypZ

Shiny_Rock
D IF and it would have to be an Octavia from Yoram.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Which would you rather buy- and why...
Both cost $100k
Both are "Super Ideal" worthy in terms of cut.
Edited to add....I was thinking RBC- but to make it more interesting- whatever cut you prefer- but both are as well cut as they come.
The D/IF has no excuses whatsoever- perfect stone
The K/SI2 has Medium Blue Fl- looks colorless- and it's a 100% eye clean SI2

Which is easier to sell? Which is more desirable to own and wear?

I’m kind of done with super ideal but if I have $100K then I’ll go with K. That medium blue will beat D/IF any day.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I would prefer a F /VS2 stone rather than either extreme... or maybe even E/VS2.

Ok getting out of daydreaming and back into the real world lol.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the money- neither. Both would be too big for me to enjoy given my current low key lifestyle. However, if I absolutely had to choose, and there was no other use for the cash, I’d pick the D. It would be quite satisfying to own something “perfect”, or nearly so.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
No doubt, warm large antique cushion for me, please:kiss2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.5 D IF

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
631573 I I tried this on at Sotheby’s in London a couple of years ago, and it ultimately sold for about $130,000. IIRC it was about 10.5 cts M colour.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Easy, the D IF. I'd never consider a huge SI2. Like most here, in reality I'd choose something in between, like an F VS1. Of course, having $100,000 for one diamond is not a reality for me, period. :lol:

The only diamond I could wear at 8 cts would be an emerald cut, and VS1 and above would be my requirement on clarity.

C2570ABC-1F0D-41E6-9DDE-390D16343C12.jpeg I I tried this on at Sotheby’s in London a couple of years ago, and it ultimately sold for about $130,000. IIRC it was about 10.5 cts M colour.

This is perfection. If I was ever in doubt about wearing large diamonds it’s been cured looking at this baby on your hand. It just looks perfect on you!!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
631573 I I tried this on at Sotheby’s in London a couple of years ago, and it ultimately sold for about $130,000. IIRC it was about 10.5 cts M colour.

Austina,

you wear a 10+ carat SO WELL!!!

for those of us that are color sensitive, im imagining it as a d color 10+ carat.

That diamond would be ALL KINDS of BRIGHT and just "jumping off" your hand.

as it is, it's a nice soft warm glow.

Thanks very much for sharing the image of your fun time at sotheby's.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a beautiful ring @Big Fat Facets, and actually didn’t look particularly tinted and was very good clarity. Unfortunately I didn’t get a better shot of the lovely setting.

It was certainly a stunner @AllAboardTheBlingTrain and even on my big mitt I’m not sure I could pull it off :mrgreen:

It was a beautiful ring @Big Fat Facets, and actually didn’t look particularly tinted and was very good clarity. Unfortunately I didn’t get a better shot of the lovely setting.

It was certainly a stunner @AllAboardTheBlingTrain and even on my big mitt I’m not sure I could pull it off :mrgreen:

I promise you you’re pulling it off! Please buy it so I can live vicariously through you :lol-2:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock

you have lovely manicured hands, austina!! your trip to sotheby's london sounds like lots of fun! I wouldn't mind a visit, myself. when the world "opens back up" once it's safe to do so.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't use an 8 carat diamond no matter the specs. I barely wear my 2.5 stone. Would I want a D flawless 2.5? Yes, over an 8 carat. but Ideally, I'd want about an 3 ct OEC but not sure I'd really wear that any more than the 2.1 ct OEC I already have, which is a K, SI1. Neither of the choices would be what I would pick if I were spending 100k. I'm not even sure if it wanted to spend 100k I'd spend it on only one thing, not matter what. And thinking about it, I'd probably spend it on travel, if I could do that now.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
im going with the K After seeing JJdear post. It’s fabulous

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely that DIF as I am cursed with color sensitivity hence cannot get past G :(

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
DIF. I almost had one in .4 ct size, I would definitely take the 2.5 ct version.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results