• 8ct K/SI2

Votes: 39 39.0%

• Total voters

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Which would you rather buy- and why...
Both cost $100k
Both are "Super Ideal" worthy in terms of cut.
Edited to add....I was thinking RBC- but to make it more interesting- whatever cut you prefer- but both are as well cut as they come.
The D/IF has no excuses whatsoever- perfect stone
The K/SI2 has Medium Blue Fl- looks colorless- and it's a 100% eye clean SI2

Which is easier to sell? Which is more desirable to own and wear?

Last edited:

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I assume we can't pull out the other variable which is carat - I'd imagine the largest rock for the $ is the easiest to sell, outside of the limited pool of buyers for six-figure stones of high color and clarity for cultural reasons.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
of the two, d color 2.5ct flawless

im assuming they are both super ideal oec or antique cushion/omb

I don't know which is easier to sell. I haven't sold a whole lot of diamonds. But 2.5 carats is easier to wear than an 8 carat diamond.

Last edited:

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely choose the D. It really just comes down to my personal preference for very white, clean diamonds.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, I'd be sporting a perfectly eye clean white facing BIG oec 24/7 in that scenario
But I think the D/IF might be faster to sell to the general population... .

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
An eye clean si2 in 8 cts?! Why does that sound like non existent to me?
Anyways I chose the flawless one because I need mind clean as well as eye clean.

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
My Scottish-penny-pinchingness (and what I've learned from PS) would prevent me from buying the first option because of the IF. Too many variables to decide which would be easier to sell :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
8ct k in a fancy cut, 2.5ct d in round

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of the two, 2.5 D-IF, but my dream stone would be 4ct F-VS1 CBI, that is not going to happen soon because we are busy building a new house. I have always preferred quality over quantity (that goes for cruise vacations too) and will wait until I can afford it.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Could I just have the money?!

I would not want a MRB.

I guess I'd buy an asscher. I don't have one. But I would probably pick something near colorless, so in the middle of the options and eye clean.

Unapologetically, 100%, no questions asked, 8 carat honker!!!! I imagine an emerald cut, but I think those would be unlikely to be eyeclean and still reasonably white at the 8ct mark K/SI2, so I’ll settle for a pear or oval and I’d wear that baby on a simple solitaire (or maybe micropave) band all day everyday!

2.5ct is a great size of course but I’m a proud size ho where it counts ;)2 I’d never forgive myself for paying the premium for things I can’t see (D and G look the same to me and I don’t have bionic magnifying eyes :D).

anon34985

Shiny_Rock
Goldilocks here, 2.5 D IF is too small, 8 K SI2 is too big. I will take a 4 ct G VS please. =)2

I agree- I wouldn't personally spend 100k on a 2.5, but I would never wear an 8 no matter how much money I had haha. 4 really seems like the sweet spot for me too! Unless it wasn't a RBC; I could forsee myself going a bit bigger with an emerald cut, or radiant, etc.

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
The cut makes a difference too for both of those.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Which would you rather buy
Which is easier to sell?
Which is more desirable to own and wear?

That would require 3 different answers and the poll only has one.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
The 2.5 IF D in a heartbeat. I don't like the way huge diamonds look on my hand. Much prefer the smaller one! Even if both diamonds had the same specs, I'd opt for the smaller if I wasn't allowed to sell it. I just don't want to wear something that big.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Which would you rather buy
Which is easier to sell?
Which is more desirable to own and wear?

That would require 3 different answers and the poll only has one.

Picky, Picky, picky:lol:.....I mean, you're 100% correct....but I think most people get the gist of it.
Larger, higher color clarity, or a much larger "bluff" stone.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
The bluff stone = more character.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Goldilocks here, 2.5 D IF is too small, 8 K SI2 is too big. I will take a 4 ct G VS please. =)2

This!!! Or, as mentioned above, a fancy color that would otherwise be out of reach.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Can i use the $ for a light pink pear diamond instead?

Ironic that I neglected to add this as a choice......
If we were to relate...
One Carat Fancy Pink equates to the 2.50ct D IF.
If we try to step up to Fancy Intense Pink we'll fall well below a carat on this measly budget:)

Or a 3ct Fancy Brownish Pink where the brown is just about undetectable. That relates to the larger K color.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
also to clarify...when I asked which would be easier to sell...I meant, if you owned one of these, which would you feel to be the better investment, financially?

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
also to clarify...when I asked which would be easier to sell...I meant, if you owned one of these, which would you feel to be the better investment, financially?

for SURE the 2.5 carat d color IF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2.5 D MRB because I already have a beautiful perfect for me GIA JVS OEC. ❤
I would love to have both. :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even if money is no object, I won't buy D/IF as I do not believe in spending extra money on something that I am not discerning enough to appreciate.

Hence I would opt for the much bigger eye clean K/SI2, and in OEC please.

DK :))

Last edited:

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I’d take the 2.5 in an asscher. Since I’m hoping to have my 2 carat MRB soon. Don’t need bigger for me. Everyone would assume it was fake if I’m still driving my Volkswagen.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results