shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had $75,000 to spend on a loose diamond what would you get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd get this ring. This is one shown has a 3 carat cushion... I'd go up to 4 carats, depending on budget. And I would get high color.. DEF. By Leon.

Leon 5 stone dream3.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be still, my heart!!! Gypsy, I think you''ve just identified my DREAM RING!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm. a 4.5c round brilliant. in a split prong solitaire ala ritani or similar. no sides.

OR something like a 5c asscher, well-cut, in the cartier setting. divine.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 4:21:30 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Be still, my heart!!! Gypsy, I think you''ve just identified my DREAM RING!!!!

My heart just stopped the first time I saw it. I love the proportion of the half moons to the cushion. And the baguettes on the side just complete it perfectly. I''ll tell you what... first person to get it, promises the other an hour of wearing it at a GTG. Of course... I would have to wear it on my pinky if you got it, and you could wear mine as a bracelet... but still!
3.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, with a $100,000 budget, I'd so NOT worry about finding the stone and having Leon set it. I'd be paying a visit to Neil Lane, Cartier, etc. and enjoy evey minute! You can pay for the brand when the budget is that big.

(ETA: but if I were to get a loose stone, either asscher or cushion, I'd have Jonathan at Good Old Gold find it for me!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 5:01:26 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Oh, gosh, with a $100,000 budget, I''d so NOT worry about finding the stone and having Leon set it. I''d be paying a visit to Neil Lane, Cartier, etc. and enjoy evey minute! You can pay for the brand when the budget is that big.

QUOTE]

ditto for me, maybe a harry winston pave cushion ring
30.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I would find the biggest OEC (if I could find a 4-5 ct) get the highest color (DEF) with a VS clarity and send it to Leon. Double claw prongs with 3 sided pave going down the shank.

Or Elizabeth Hurley 15 ct asscher would be nice.

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
I have a 5.5 karat RB D VVS1 (not my e-ring, my e-ring pics I posted is 1.28 G VS2)

The ring is a family ring (yes I''m VERY lucky) but it is waaaay too big for a young person like me to wear on a daily basis. It actually sits up really high on my hand because the stone is just so big so it isn''t practical day to day for me. I don''t really know how you would avoid that in a ring of that size but that is something I would take into consideration... the depth of the stone (right term??) - she should try on rings with different size stones in different shapes to get a feel of how big she could go without it being cumbersome.

I''ll try to get pics of my ring for all you pricescopers out there... Its is a vault so I don''t see it regularly

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i tried on a 5c at WF previously and man it was huge and maybe just a wee bit too big for me on daily wear
3.gif
unless i lived in a penthouse in new york and lunched all day, but if someone threw it at me, i''d take it!! but i think i''d like something more like a ~4c for a RB. more for an asscher for sure, i love 5c asschers that are well cut, talk about an amazing pattern!

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
I''d get this in a platinum Mark Morrell flame setting and go to Hawaii with the rest.
9.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, I think you could wear a 5 ct. Somehow I think it''ll be perfect on you!
41.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/6/2007 6:39:59 PM
Author: InlovewithJHK
I have a 5.5 karat RB D VVS1 (not my e-ring, my e-ring pics I posted is 1.28 G VS2)

The ring is a family ring (yes I''m VERY lucky) but it is waaaay too big for a young person like me to wear on a daily basis. It actually sits up really high on my hand because the stone is just so big so it isn''t practical day to day for me. I don''t really know how you would avoid that in a ring of that size but that is something I would take into consideration... the depth of the stone (right term??) - she should try on rings with different size stones in different shapes to get a feel of how big she could go without it being cumbersome.

I''ll try to get pics of my ring for all you pricescopers out there... Its is a vault so I don''t see it regularly
Oh wow! Yes, we need to see that!!!
6.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get a big cushion and get a teeny tiny halo and band on that thing. KaPOW!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I would go for the best D or E cushion I could find within the budget and set it in Harry Kotlar''s custom artisan pave setting, just like xraydoc did (which for info is a 4.71ct G/VS2, 1.0 ratio). What a dream ring!

xraydocs ring.jpg

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 9:14:39 AM
Author: thing2of2
Wow...that is insane. If it were me, I would get a really big asscher cut. I used the search tool on pricescope and it looks like you can get a 4 or 5 carat asscher for around $60,000-$80,000.

Then I'd get a Leon Mege setting with some pave and possibly baguette or trap side stones.
Ditto. 5ct Asscher is my dream (I'll get there someday!!), my little 2ct will have to do
2.gif
I'd get a little lower color (H-I), mine is a G and is "too white" for me (man I must be weird) and that would get me a bump in clarity and size.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
lucky lady, I am so jealous!! I can only dream...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2007 10:05:57 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I'd get a big cushion and get a teeny tiny halo and band on that thing. KaPOW!
oooooh YES!!! And have Harry Winston do it, just like the one on their site
31.gif
after the asscher, this would be my choice.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do a cushion or emerald cut...I love the shields or bullets as side stones. I think Leon is incredible and would do something classic and simple, getting the biggest and best stone I could find. I personally think rounds start to look like headlights above 4 to 6 carats...I think there are better options if going that large.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol gothgrrl well i hope that i get the chance one day to prove you right! hehe.
3.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Someone had an Asscher they referred to as "the King" and it started my asscher-lust. I''d get a really well cut Asscher, VVS1 or above, color I or higher in a split-shank band by Mark Morrell probably with some colored sidestones. Alternately I''d splurge on a Van Cleef and Arpels ring - yum yum. But that Mege Gypsy posted is delish too!

I''ve only seen a 2ct, poorly cut and included asscher in real life. (Just as well for my honey.)

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I think it was Tierhog that had a asscher he refered to as the king. It was a 1.96 RA set in a Claude Thibadeau setting. Wow, I forgot how long his search was trying to find the perfect diamond.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH yum, this is fun!

I''d get the BIGGEST, HONKINEST, MONSTER RB I could find (super-ideal cut, AGS-0, H&A, of course!) and I wouldn''t care if some people thought it was gaudy or looked like a doorknob! *Swoon!*
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

5000caratdoorknob.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Lynn B, now that is what I''m talking about!
31.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 6:24:26 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH yum, this is fun!

I''d get the BIGGEST, HONKINEST, MONSTER RB I could find (super-ideal cut, AGS-0, H&A, of course!) and I wouldn''t care if some people thought it was gaudy or looked like a doorknob! *Swoon!*
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif
9.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 6:38:56 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 3/7/2007 6:24:26 PM
Author: Lynn B
OH yum, this is fun!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif
9.gif
This is exactly what I would do :)

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
^ Me, too. I think I would go for some color!!!!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Ditto here! I would go for a gorgeous pink diamond.

Maybe even a small blue!

Of course, I wouldn''t say no to a honking asscher or emerald cut though!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Kitten - is that your ring? The blue against the pink is so unique and stunning!!!
30.gif

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
litebrite and gothgrrl....yep, "The King" is the Royal Asscher. i''d hunt down another one in a minute...there''s still not a day that goes by that i am not in awe of our diamond...and setting. i do not regret all the time and stressin'' i spent (alotta folks here also rode along my emotional roller coaster ride too!) searchin'' for the right asscher...the diamond and the setting were a true one of a kind match...

warmly, ron...

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ron! You''re back! You''ve been missed around here.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results