color
clarity

If you got to choose....

Which would you choose?

• Relatively short waiting period w/heirloom ring as forever ring

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Longer waiting period but proposal w/your forever ring

• Other (to be elaborated upon in the thread, please :))

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday Gwennie!!!!!!!!

1144968sqp3kc2pis.gif

You''re on top of your game Fiery!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, chickies!
35.gif

Ok, so I will have to go into detail later but suffice it to say I''m an *idiot* and messed up his plans (not on purpose but still!)--he was going to propose tonight!!!!
23.gif
I apologized a bunch of times, saying I was a complete bonehead for messing up his plans, but he said that this way it would be better in the end because, while talking, he had an idea of how to do it even better. Apparently he told his mom that he was proposing "imminently."
9.gif

But seriously! How big of a tool am I?
38.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
WAIT, WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!!! What DID YOU DO!?
23.gif

You better come back and fill us in. Too exciting!!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
23.gif
31.gif
23.gif
36.gif
23.gif
9.gif
That is crazyexcitingcrazynutso news, gwen!!!! Please come back and share how you wrecked it...and I hope you enjoyed a wonderful birthday!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can you ruin it? He mentioned champange and asking your parents. It doesn''t get any less subtle than that!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
oh no i missed this til now - happy birthday gwen, and WTF?
21.gif
this sounds good though even if proposal plans did go pear shaped
36.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:54:10 PM
Author: Bia
WAIT, WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!!!!! What DID YOU DO!?
23.gif

You better come back and fill us in. Too exciting!!!
YEAH REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened Gwen?!?!?!?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SWEETIE!!!!!!!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve already asked you this...but WHAT IS THE DEAL LADY?!?!?!?!?!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I''m a BONEHEAD. Basically what happened (have to be quick--at work now) was that we were talking about the things he''s been saying lately with the fact that he took off work on my birthday and that it made me feel a bit off that he''d give up a whole day''s pay just to make me a cake (which was lovely, but still). Anyway, it led into a conversation about what other reasons I thought he might have taken off (waiting for a delivery or setting up for a proposal) neither of which seemed to be the case.

Annnnnnnnnyway...once he heard from my point of view how things looked (with him talking about champagne and talking to my parents and taking the day off and giving me funny looks when I asked why), he said he was really sorry and obviously felt badly because he''d made it look like something big was going on. I wasn''t upset and told him not to be silly, that I''m terrible around my birthday because I tend to read into things and was really sorry that I had thought other things were happening.

Then (here''s the part where I messed up hugely), in an effort to make him feel better because he seemed to get a bit down, I told him, "No worries, babe--it''ll be better anyway if it''s not today because then it''ll be OUR day instead of MY day since it won''t be on my birthday." Then he got another look on his face and said, "I don''t know if I should tell you this or not, but I was originally going to propose at the restaurant tonight." My response was, "....
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
! Really? REALLY?!! But...you''re so shy! You hate being around people! That restaurant is always so crowded! I never in a million years thought you would even consider proposing out in public!!!" Then there were more
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
faces from me and then I went back and forth between feeling very
38.gif
at myself for spoiling things and
7.gif
as well because I could have been engaged now if I wasn''t such a goober.

Anyway, he wasn''t upset or disappointed or anything for a SECOND. (He really is absolutely wonderful.) He told me that maybe the restaurant idea wasn''t that great anyway and that, while we were talking about it, he got new ideas and would make it better than it would''ve been. He kept saying, "No, it''s fine, babe. I can make it better. I know I can do this better. In the long run, it''s going to be for the best because it''s going to be much better."

So, I am a tool. The best co-worker friends that I have here all yelled at me and told me I was a knucklehead for messing it up, but also laughed at me so I don''t feel as badly. Although typing it up again does make me feel awful, even though I just was trying to reassuring him! Oh dear....me and my big mouth.
38.gif

Oh--two other things: turns out (he mentioned this much later) that he WAS expecting a delivery! His parents sent me a lovely package full of things to spoil myself and it was being delivered specially but didn''t arrive for ages and ages. Turns out it was taken to another flat to hold onto for us because they came while he was out at the store.

The other thing is that he told me that he''d talked to his parents, and told them that our engagement was "imminenent." So I think, even though I messed this up, that he still does want to marry me.
5.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Only you Gwen would prolong your engagement when it was about to happen!
25.gif

I'm so excited for you babe!
Disco_Fever_Dance_Inferno.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 9:38:44 AM
25.gif

I''m so excited for you babe!
LOL. Hilarious.

Gwen, you are adorable. That''s a funny story, I know you guys will look back on it and laugh.

I can''t wait to see what he does to propose now! The tension has been built!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 10:08:02 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Date: 3/13/2009 9:38:44 AM

25.gif

I''m so excited for you babe!

LOL. Hilarious.

Gwen, you are adorable. That''s a funny story, I know you guys will look back on it and laugh.

I can''t wait to see what he does to propose now! The tension has been built!

Ditto, your both so cute :) and your a doll and he sounds like one :D.

I can''t wait to see what he comes up with...any day now WHOO HOOO
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I''m glad I waited up only half the night instead of all night. Lol.

STILL!!!! It''s IMMINENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

YAY!!!!!

I agree with you! Now you can have another special proposal day just for the two of you. It worked out perfectly!!!! J is so sweet!!!!!!

It could come any day now... any moment!

Wow. So exciting!!!! Just think! Any moment now, you could be ENGAGED!!!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:06:12 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I''m glad I waited up only half the night instead of all night. Lol.

STILL!!!! It''s IMMINENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh no, honey, you didn''t wait up just for me?!!!
6.gif
I am so sorry!! Haha, I did almost turn the computer on to tell the story last night around 2am when I was trying to fall back to sleep after getting up to go to the loo. Maybe I should have!
3.gif

Yeah, the folks at work have been laughing at me allll daaaay.... It is pretty funny, especially since J is ok and not mad at me. He''s so good. Why does he want to marry a bigmouth like me?
12.gif
9.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
lol! I can''t believe you were ALMOST ENGAGED!!! =) Funny!

Next time, don''t say anything about proposals!!!! =D You know, there are 117 ladies behind you on the list just waaaaaaaaaaiting for you =D jkjk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results