shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could only keep five pieces of jewelry from your entire collection, which would these be!!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Saw something similar on YouTube and would love to see all the lovely PSer’s playing along!! You may leave out wedding rings and engagement rings as those two are usually the most sentimental for all of us...goes without saying!

For each piece a picture and a bit of a story- how it came to being yours, description and the meaning it holds for you

Please stay with top 5 only and no more lets begin!!

=)2=)2=)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@EllenS1 - you go first! I want to see *your* top 5!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@EllenS1 - you go first! I want to see *your* top 5!

In a few mins…giving it some thought it’s not easy I realize!!! I’m so excited to see yours and everyone’s posts mrs-b!!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, tough!

So we get a pass on wedding and e-ring. So that's my plain yellow gold band and 3 stone. In many ways, that narrows things down a lot, because I never mix metals. So this means I'm staying with yellow gold, which works pretty well for me anyway, as I wear yellow gold by far the most.

In which case:

Wedding band and 3 stone
Yellow gold hoops
Diamond stud for outer piercing
12mm SS AAA pearl studs
Yellow gold bangle.
My yellow gold wedding necklace.

That combo would take me 95% of the places I go and I'd be completely happy.

If I was allowed options for a different metal color, I'd add my white gold hoops, my silver bangle, my diamond platinum bangle, and my diamond 7 stone ring. With the same diamond stud for my outer piercing and, again, my pearls, that would equal 5 pieces also, if I didn't have to count the ring I'd be wearing as a wedding/engagement ring.

But I'm mostly a yellow gold girl, so I'm going with option 1. I've often said - and truly meant - I could be completely happy with my 4 bangles, my 3 sets of hoops, my single diamond stud, my pearl studs, my wedding and e-ring, my 7 stone platinum ring, and my ruby and diamond rose gold 5 stone. 20 years ago, that would have felt like an abundance of riches.

ETA I'd add photos, but the 'My attachments' link seems to have disappeared, so I can't access old photos from my previous PS postings!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh man, tough!

So we get a pass on wedding and e-ring. So that's my plain yellow gold band and 3 stone. In many ways, that narrows things down a lot, because I never mix metals. So this means I'm staying with yellow gold, which works pretty well for me anyway, as I wear yellow gold by far the most.

In which case:

Wedding band and 3 stone
Yellow gold hoops
Diamond stud for outer piercing
12mm SS AAA pearl studs
Yellow gold bangle.
My yellow gold wedding necklace.

That combo would take me 95% of the places I go and I'd be completely happy.

If I was allowed options for a different metal color, I'd add my white gold hoops, my silver bangle, my diamond platinum bangle, and my diamond 7 stone ring. With the same diamond stud for my outer piercing and, again, my pearls, that would equal 5 pieces also, if I didn't have to count the ring I'd be wearing as a wedding/engagement ring.

But I'm mostly a yellow gold girl, so I'm going with option 1. I've often said - and truly meant - I could be completely happy with my 4 bangles, my 3 sets of hoops, my single diamond stud, my pearl studs, my wedding and e-ring, my 7 stone platinum ring, and my ruby and diamond rose gold 5 stone. 20 years ago, that would have felt like an abundance of riches.

ETA I'd add photos, but the 'My attachments' link seems to have disappeared, so I can't access old photos from my previous PS postings!

Wow, agree it’s tough staying with just 5 so thank you for sharing!! Would love to see your yellow gold wedding necklace though mrs-b!! =)2

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When you have collected each piece of jewelry carefully and thoughtfully over the years, you tend to attach a lot of memories and sentimentality to everything. For my top 5 I’ll go with some pieces that I feel are irreplaceable for me, although I’m tempted on the other hand to go with what I wear most often I feel I could get substitutes for those... so here we go....

1.My only strand of white akoya pearls with a white gold clasp bought more than ten years ago. I chose the pearls and the clasp and had it strung. It’s elegant and my first choice for a dinner event or such with a black outfit, I would like to pass it on to a future daughter in law one day as I love it so!
FAB8234C-E1DB-4AFE-B901-DCB537F67DBD.jpeg

2. A pair ofIndian silver tribal earrings. Strangely enough I have never worn these even once and don’t think I ever will!! However these are special to me as my father had an Indian silversmith custom make these for me during the last year of his life. He wanted to surprise me with it and sent it to me through my mother when she visited us in Dubai. I told him they were really beautiful although I thought they were quite garish, I never let him know!! Later that year he passed after a heart attack and this will remain his last gift to me and will stay with me forever....

CF99AFF1-963A-4AAF-A90F-FE892DDC9D91.jpeg
3. My solitaire diamond ring .68c and would like to upgrade some day but I still love it as it was my first solitaire ring that my husband gave me some years ago!
1D79D7C0-94FC-4D24-9C0A-5C184908168B.jpeg DA84C3B3-15EB-4E91-ABE3-4CC7C0E455DE.png

4. My Middle eastern 21k gold bracelet with vintage Arabic coins that will always remind me of the years we spent in the Middle East once we retire... I bought it from a local souq and chose the coins, the jeweller asked us to take a stroll and come back to collect it so he could clamp on the coins...it jingles and is lovely to wear with a kaftan or anything flowy!!

E47CDF7D-A0CB-4B84-86F7-10576EB237A5.jpeg

5. Lastly I’ll choose a pair of rose gold and diamond earrings my husband got me for our 25th anniversary last year...We got married when I was 21 and he 24 so did not have much at all in the initial years which is why this is very meaningful to me!!
8961FEB0-F55E-4AC9-B75C-07E97227A0FA.jpeg 5BF363A7-8BBF-4086-B803-49031246758D.png F5720C97-8D94-4DE8-B083-EC4182881414.png CF5FF058-8C79-4C61-8636-D30D6AA104BF.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 1.19ct W VS1 EC that I bought for myself for my 40th birthday, reset for my 50th in its forever home, it is one of 2 of my RHRs, the other being a small EC about 0.47ct in a 5mm platinum band for regular/daily wear.

The Ruby heart ring made with money I saved from having my house decorated by my late partner:

My near 1cttw diamond studs in jackets. The studs were bought for me by my mum when I was in my early teens. They are too small to be worn on their own due to weight gain on my face and my fat earlobes. Hence I wear them with a pair of jackets nowadays.

My careé cut diamond bracelet in platinum, about 2.86cttw. 6 of the stones came from a band that was made for my mum when she bought me the diamond studs. She bought another 2 loose stones from the same parcel with the intention to make them into earrings for me.

As I shall always treasure my own EC mentioned above as the RHR of choice, I hardly wore the band as I wear a CS or pearl ring on my other hand.

So I repurposed the band and the 2 loose stones into a bracelet of my own design, and wear this as often as I can.

The 5th one is still a work in progress, however it is a near 1.9ct G/H VS MRB purchased by my mum at the same time as my stud earrings and the careé cut stones and band.

For the same reason as the careé cut stones and band, and because I prefer EC in diamond rings, I do not want to wear this as a ring. Hence it will be repurposed into a single stone open bangle in platinum later in the year.

Pics of the MRB next to my EC:

Inspiration pic of the bangle that belongs to a PSer whose name I have forgotten, mine will not have any millgrain.

DK :))

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180503_191558.jpg
Great thread!
Ok, so these are the 5 most treasured, because they are completely irreplaceable.

1. Pearl & OEC ring in plat & 18ct dated between 1895-1905 (hallmark very worn) I was left this by my Great Aunt in 2014 - she was a few months from her 100th birthday. This was gifted to her for her 25th by her husband in 1939, bought from an antique dealer & I inherited the paperwork that my Great Uncle had. It cost 6 shillings, which equates to only £12!
2. My platinum diamond studs. These were from my parents for my 25th & my first really good diamonds. They only leave my ears for cleaning, or on occasion if I'm dressing up.
3. An 18ct rosie gold locket that has never ever left it's box. My mum bought all 3 of us girls one when my dad died 18 years ago & had a lock of his hair put inside. It freaks me out, but I would be devastated if anything happened to it. My bother has his lock in a little pill box.
4. My amazing grandmothers original engagement ring from 1937, 18ct gold, platinum topped daisy ring with teeny OEC's. My most worn RHR that I inherited when I was 16. We've had some adventures together!
5. My princess cut platinum full eternity, a complete surprise on the birth of our 2nd child, wedged onto my finger the next day & was stuck on for 10 days! I had a rough delivery & was in hospital for 8 days, at which point Mr T was taught how to inject ferritin into my butt every morning for a further month. This ring has such a lot of memories attached & i never leave the house without it.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh I love this thread! I haven’t ‘liked’ any of the above posts as I can see this will be one of those threads where I like every single post, but fab and beautiful choices all round so far and I thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone’s reasoning and stories. I’m off to ponder!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When you have collected each piece of jewelry carefully and thoughtfully over the years, you tend to attach a lot of memories and sentimentality to everything. For my top 5 I’ll go with some pieces that I feel are irreplaceable for me, although I’m tempted on the other hand to go with what I wear most often I feel I could get substitutes for those... so here we go....

1.My only strand of white akoya pearls with a white gold clasp bought more than ten years ago. I chose the pearls and the clasp and had it strung. It’s elegant and my first choice for a dinner event or such with a black outfit, I would like to pass it on to a future daughter in law one day as I love it so!
FAB8234C-E1DB-4AFE-B901-DCB537F67DBD.jpeg

2. A pair ofIndian silver tribal earrings. Strangely enough I have never worn these even once and don’t think I ever will!! However these are special to me as my father had an Indian silversmith custom make these for me during the last year of his life. He wanted to surprise me with it and sent it to me through my mother when she visited us in Dubai. I told him they were really beautiful although I thought they were quite garish, I never let him know!! Later that year he passed after a heart attack and this will remain his last gift to me and will stay with me forever....

CF99AFF1-963A-4AAF-A90F-FE892DDC9D91.jpeg
3. My solitaire diamond ring .68c and would like to upgrade some day but I still love it as it was my first solitaire ring that my husband gave me some years ago!
1D79D7C0-94FC-4D24-9C0A-5C184908168B.jpeg DA84C3B3-15EB-4E91-ABE3-4CC7C0E455DE.png

4. My Middle eastern 21k gold bracelet with vintage Arabic coins that will always remind me of the years we spent in the Middle East once we retire... I bought it from a local souq and chose the coins, the jeweller asked us to take a stroll and come back to collect it so he could clamp on the coins...it jingles and is lovely to wear with a kaftan or anything flowy!!

E47CDF7D-A0CB-4B84-86F7-10576EB237A5.jpeg

5. Lastly I’ll choose a pair of rose gold and diamond earrings my husband got me for our 25th anniversary last year...We got married when I was 21 and he 24 so did not have much at all in the initial years which is why this is very meaningful to me!!
8961FEB0-F55E-4AC9-B75C-07E97227A0FA.jpeg 5BF363A7-8BBF-4086-B803-49031246758D.png F5720C97-8D94-4DE8-B083-EC4182881414.png CF5FF058-8C79-4C61-8636-D30D6AA104BF.jpeg

What a thoughtful and beautiful collection! I grew up in the M.E and love damas! Those earrings and the gold coin bracelet are my favorite

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an easy one for me because while I love most of my pieces I would be fine without any of them truly as long as I have my DH and my family by my side. But to answer your very fun question (always fun to think about bling) @EllenS1 here are my top 5.

1. Cartier Black Opal Ring
cartierblackopalandleibishpinkdiamondband.jpg.png

2. Bubbalah

bubbalahfacetsyummy.png

3. Antique cluster drop earrings

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.06.26 AM.png

Close up

omcearringscloseup.png

4. Antique OMC drops

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.10.27 AM.png

5.Antique sapphire diamond drops

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.21.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.21.26 AM.png

Oh wait just remembered I need my antique pear drops from Lang...must keep these.

langantiquepeardangles.png

langpearearrings.jpg

OK sorry that's 6 pieces. If I must get rid of one I guess it would have to be #4 but I love #4. True antiques and so beautiful close up. The work is exquisite.

I have so many more pieces I love. Scratch what I wrote above....it is hard choosing just 5 only because I love all my earrings so much. I also left out some gorgeous pendants I adore but 90% of the time I wear earrings without any necklace so that's the reasoning behind my choices.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's top 5.

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 1.19ct W VS1 EC that I bought for myself for my 40th birthday, reset for my 50th in its forever home, it is one of 2 of my RHRs, the other being a small EC about 0.47ct in a 5mm platinum band for regular/daily wear.

ecreset_d.jpg

The Ruby heart ring made with money I saved from having my house decorated by my late partner:

largerubyheart.jpg
bigrubyheart02.jpg

My near 1cttw diamond studs in jackets. The studs were bought for me by my mum when I was in my early teens. They are too small to be worn on their own due to weight gain on my face and my fat earlobes. Hence I wear them with a pair of jackets nowadays.

studwithjacket.jpg

My careé cut diamond bracelet in platinum, about 2.86cttw. 6 of the stones came from a band that was made for my mum when she bought me the diamond studs. She bought another 2 loose stones from the same parcel with the intention to make them into earrings for me.

As I shall always treasure my own EC mentioned above as the RHR of choice, I hardly wore the band as I wear a CS or pearl ring on my other hand.

So I repurposed the band and the 2 loose stones into a bracelet of my own design, and wear this as often as I can.

idbracelet_01s.jpg

The 5th one is still a work in progress, however it is a near 1.9ct G/H VS MRB purchased by my mum at the same time as my stud earrings and the careé cut stones and band.

For the same reason as the careé cut stones and band, and because I prefer EC in diamond rings, I do not want to wear this as a ring. Hence it will be repurposed into a single stone open bangle in platinum later in the year.

IMAG0353.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

Inspiration pic of the bangle that belongs to a PSer whose name I have forgotten, mine will not have any millgrain.

Bangle 01.JPG

How lovely! I like the earrings with the jackets and the fact that you held on to the studs your mum bought you as a teen how precious!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180503_191558.jpg
Great thread!
Ok, so these are the 5 most treasured, because they are completely irreplaceable.

1. Pearl & OEC ring in plat & 18ct dated between 1895-1905 (hallmark very worn) I was left this by my Great Aunt in 2014 - she was a few months from her 100th birthday. This was gifted to her for her 25th by her husband in 1939, bought from an antique dealer & I inherited the paperwork that my Great Uncle had. It cost 6 shillings, which equates to only £12!
2. My platinum diamond studs. These were from my parents for my 25th & my first really good diamonds. They only leave my ears for cleaning, or on occasion if I'm dressing up.
3. An 18ct rosie gold locket that has never ever left it's box. My mum bought all 3 of us girls one when my dad died 18 years ago & had a lock of his hair put inside. It freaks me out, but I would be devastated if anything happened to it. My bother has his lock in a little pill box.
4. My amazing grandmothers original engagement ring from 1937, 18ct gold, platinum topped daisy ring with teeny OEC's. My most worn RHR that I inherited when I was 16. We've had some adventures together!
5. My princess cut platinum full eternity, a complete surprise on the birth of our 2nd child, wedged onto my finger the next day & was stuck on for 10 days! I had a rough delivery & was in hospital for 8 days, at which point Mr T was taught how to inject ferritin into my butt every morning for a further month. This ring has such a lot of memories attached & i never leave the house without it.

I enjoyed reading your post Alex.. what fabulous pieces and reading about that locket moved me, as well as the pearl ring you inherited, I would get goosebumps even just looking at the paperwork!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a thoughtful and beautiful collection! I grew up in the M.E and love damas! Those earrings and the gold coin bracelet are my favorite

Thank you Rosie and please do share yours! Love Damas too =)2

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is an easy one for me because while I love most of my pieces I would be fine without any of them truly as long as I have my DH and my family by my side. But to answer your very fun question (always fun to think about bling) @EllenS1 here are my top 5.

1. Cartier Black Opal Ring
cartierblackopalandleibishpinkdiamondband.jpg.png

2. Bubbalah

bubbalahfacetsyummy.png

3. Antique cluster drop earrings

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.06.26 AM.png

Close up

omcearringscloseup.png

4. Antique OMC drops

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.10.27 AM.png

5.Antique sapphire diamond drops

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.21.09 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.21.26 AM.png

Oh wait just remembered I need my antique pear drops from Lang...must keep these.

langantiquepeardangles.png

langpearearrings.jpg

OK sorry that's 6 pieces. If I must get rid of one I guess it would have to be #4 but I love #4. True antiques and so beautiful close up. The work is exquisite.

I have so many more pieces I love. Scratch what I wrote above....it is hard choosing just 5 only because I love all my earrings so much. I also left out some gorgeous pendants I adore but 90% of the time I wear earrings without any necklace so that's the reasoning behind my choices.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's top 5.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pieces Missy!! I agree having to choose just 5 is tough! Have said it before on here but will say it again- your cartier opal ring is divine!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180503_191558.jpg
Great thread!

Gorgeous and each piece meaningful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful and sentimental pieces @Alex T . I always love your posts so much. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your beautiful pieces Missy!! I agree having to choose just 5 is tough! Have said it before on here but will say it again- your cartier opal ring is divine!

Thank you @EllenS1! A vendor on IG (who shall remain nameless) wanted to know if it was for sale. And while I wear it maybe twice a year (3 times max) I would never sell it (probably because I never want to say never definitively). Just because what it represents and means to me. And I enjoy just gazing at it and do not have to wear it to fully enjoy it if you kwim.

I love all your beautiful pieces too. Thank you for starting such a beautiful thread.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ecreset_d.jpg

largerubyheart.jpg
bigrubyheart02.jpg

studwithjacket.jpg

idbracelet_01s.jpg

IMAG0353.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

Bangle 01.JPG

I love your collection @dk168. Memorable pieces and beautiful too. It's a gorgeous collection.:love:

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you @EllenS1! A vendor on IG (who shall remain nameless) wanted to know if it was for sale. And while I wear it maybe twice a year (3 times max) I would never sell it (probably because I never want to say never definitively). Just because what it represents and means to me. And I enjoy just gazing at it and do not have to wear it to fully enjoy it if you kwim.

I love all your beautiful pieces too. Thank you for starting such a beautiful thread.

I can imagine the joy you get just gazing at it, I do that with some of my pieces too. And glad you’re enjoying this thread - thanks Missy! Jewelry definitely speaks and tells stories of us and of all those who have gone before us...its a connection=)2

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I left out my two true favorites because they are my MRB and emerald cut engagement/wedding rings. I also didn't include any sentimental family jewelry because there was just too much....oops except for one. So, I chose these:

20200215_080729-COLLAGE.jpg

1) family heirloom ring (had to include that one)

2) emerald cut and MRB diamond bracelet

3) vintage diamond bangle

4) diamond necklace

5) diamond earrings

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I left out my two true favorites because they are my MRB and emerald cut engagement/wedding rings. I also didn't include any sentimental family jewelry because there was just too much....oops except for one. So, I chose these:

20200215_080729-COLLAGE.jpg

1) family heirloom ring (had to include that one)

2) emerald cut and MRB diamond bracelet

3) vintage diamond bangle

4) diamond necklace

5) diamond earrings

Beautiful and timeless elegance. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a tough one...I’ll have to come back when my Ashlee ring comes..haha

Better yet, share your top 5 at the moment and then you can re-evaluate and re-post when Ashlee arrives.... :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The solitaire

Her name suits her. She is graceful and elegant. Your taste is impeccable. I love everything you have ever shared with us Niel.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok @missy! Lol I had to redo it because she said we could leave out our wedding sets. I will exclude Summer...and my Tiffany five stone diamond band..I won’t count those..
1. Libby 2.03 mrb
2. 3.04 mrb studs
3. Tiffany baguette channel band
4. Cluster ring
5. Cushion Halo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy You don’t have to count Bubbalah and a wedding band... Redo! Haha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results