shape
carat
color
clarity

If restaurants reopens in May would you be too afraid to eat out?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I went out to eat this weekend. There was nobody in the restaurant when we ordered, the owner actually thanked us for coming back!

We ate outside on the patio, the only ones out there, it was rather ideal. Granted we probably hit it just right but it was nice to go out and eat again.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@SallyB I know people who work as waiters and waitresses at restaurants, and not one of them is resentful for having to work. To be honest, they're all hoping that work picks up. I mean, it's not impossible that a worker would spit in your food, but unless you're getting all your food delivered to you by GrubHub, I think odds are that if your food gets spat on in a restaurant, it's for reasons other than the unwillingness to work.

What does GrubHub have to do with spitting??

voce

Ideal_Rock
What does GrubHub have to do with spitting??

Then it's not just the restaurant workers handling your food. There would be a delivery service involved.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ah! I thought there had been bad stories about GrubHub that I hadn’t heard.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since my pharmacy is located inside a clinic, I run the risk of being exposed to anything and everything every single day, and have been since... well, forever. We were never given plexi-glass shields or protective gear/guards of any type... but I'm not scared. Not in the least. We've been out to dinner twice since bans were lifted, and we'll continue to do so without fear.

I have noticed that many essentials share your attitude and I applaud you. I feel that I know many people who have been sheltered in for so long that they’ve lost touch with reality. But when I talk to those who didn’t have the luxury to work from home, I see they are more willing to go out and about. I’ve always been somewhere in the middle bc I know so many essentials who are doing well despite going out into the real world for the past 9 or 10 weeks.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dining out in the age of coronavirus...
7A6026E3-6677-4449-887A-3CFA39B5AFB7.jpeg
We sat outside, we were comfortable how the tables were spaced, and the food was all the more delicious because it was our first sit-down meal out in over two months!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We ate lunch inside a cafe for the first time in over two months. :clap:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They've banned buffets in NSW for the time being:(sad:(sad:(sad

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results