shape
carat
color
clarity

If restaurants reopens in May would you be too afraid to eat out?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rather than "too afraid" to eat out, I'd consider myself too careful to eat out.

I suspect I'll feel the risk is low enough to eat out again long after the new vaccine has been widely available, and the number of cases has plummeted.

Besides, cooking at home is relaxing, cheaper and healthier.
I like work.

They are starting these discussions downunder now - where we have things under control.
Tables of max 4 well spaced etc.
In my store 56 sq M we are allowed 14 people but we limit it to 10 (wishful thinking).

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope
The last time we went out we went to one of our most loved places and i got a touch of the runs
I know kovik 19 isnt spread in cooked hot food but im taking no chances
and i don't trust other people to stay 2m away from me

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
No- it will be a long time before I feel comfortable dining out. It's not the food that worries me- it's the wait staff and customers.
We are hanging out at our coastal home and at this time I feel very fortunate that our new mayor is a retired ER MD who specialized in Internal Medicine and also has an MPH. I feel he will take care of our city and he's done a great job so far with Covid 19 restrictions. Unfortunately, I'm afraid as soon as restrictions lift we will have a flood of NJ and NY people coming in as so many have second homes here. Normally that's great, but I can't help being fearful they will bring the virus with them and being in a restaurant is not where I want to hang out with them for an hour or more.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely, totally, undeniably, afraid.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hola! welcome.. you'll love it here. best and coolest lovers of jewelry on the planet live here. (and there are guys for sure here - DF for one)

:cool2::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Being a biology instructor I know that the virus doesn’t transmit through food makes me feel alright

I’m a new member here
Help me feel warm among you ladies

Q

Queenie60

Not afraid - just not interested. We have never been big on eating out. I'm a foodie and constantly trying new recipes. I find that I am too critical of restaurant food. And, home cooking is cleaner, healthier and much less expensive.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Queenie60 You & I both. If I go out, it is for the crowds & tapas, not to sit at a table; a few things I love IDK to make much, but neither do the chefs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Queenie60 You & I both. If I go out, it is for the crowds & tapas, not to sit at a table; a few things I love IDK to make much, but neither do the chefs.

:bigsmile:

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
I think I’ll be ready to dine out.......WHEN THERE IS A VACCINE FOR THIS INVISIBLE MONSTER!!!!

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
Sigh. We’re washing our contactless fruit and vegetable deliveries in a vinegar/water mix and then sunning them. We’re wearing disposable gloves to open up the boxes. We’ve got a designated ‘open box’ area. We’re slicing open meat packages outside and someone else is handling the meat, which also get washed inside before it is frozen. We’re putting packaged food (biscuits, chips), outside in the sun for several days at a time. We’re transferring bread to our own plastic bags and then reheating it in a blazing hot oven for a few minutes to kill ‘germs’. Don’t worry about telling me how unlikely we’ll catch coronavirus through food is - I’m 100% with you. Also, we haven’t left the house in over a month.

We’re = not me, but I’m saying ‘we’ to be supportive. So long story short - I doubt we’ll be eating out my lifetime, let alone May.

BMI

Shiny_Rock
@hedgehog93
Your narratives (paired with your avatar pic) always make me chuckle, but then I feel guilty for laughing because I wouldn't think it was funny if I was in your shoes. I am hoping for you that your husband can relax a bit as time goes on. I don't recall if you said before, do you live in an area with a large number of cases?

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
@hedgehog93
Your narratives (paired with your avatar pic) always make me chuckle, but then I feel guilty for laughing because I wouldn't think it was funny if I was in your shoes. I am hoping for you that your husband can relax a bit as time goes on. I don't recall if you said before, do you live in an area with a large number of cases?

Thanks! I picked the avatar because that’s what I was doing when I first joined and still what I’m doing now, waiting for my shiny engagement diamon - er I mean lifelong commitment :lol-2:. The hedgehog will become a partying one once I get the rock!

We have a grand total of 14 cases in the suburb, probably 90% of which are recovered cases by now so no, not a large number in the slightest... but you never know, it may be that the one person with an active illness packaged my groceries and violently coughed over my apples.

Reactions: BMI

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want some Dim Sum!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When restrictions have been lifted to allow for pubs and restaurants to be opened, I shall go out and meet up with my friends to celebrate.

DK :))

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think we’ll be rushing to eat out, same as we won’t be rushing to go to the supermarkets again.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Restaurants can reopen in our county on May 22... yippee10.gif

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Restaurants can reopen in our county on May 22... yippee10.gif

Are you eating out?

Hehe I just went out for Japanese food today! So so so yummy and it was nice to see the owners again!

We ordered extra food for support. Now let's hope none of us drop dead!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I am a foodie and I'm definitely tired of cooking all my meals, but I'm very paranoid and cautious as I don't want to risk getting COVID-19. I probably won't eat out until there's a vaccine or mass immunity, such that the virus can no longer find a host.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started a thread recently, thinking I'd rush out to eat as soon as lockdown is lifted. Well, I am not gonna. Gonna wait and see how things develop first. There are places where the number of new cases rocketed as soon as lockdown was lifted. Also, our community cases are not low enough to give me comfort. I'd really like for the number of our new community cases to be zero for at least a few weeks before I take any such risks.

I can always order delivery and heat up the food before I eat it, as well use disposable gloves and throw away any packaging. I still feel most comfortable with the food I cook and handle, even though I am getting bored with cooking on a daily basis and with my own food.

Definitely no sushi, sashimi or salads from any restaurant any time soon.

Last edited:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not afraid, anything hot can be taken home and heated up. But restaurants are supposed to be fun and relaxing. I can’t imagine dining out being either of those things for a long time.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Exactly, @OreoRosies86 , it is not that I am afraid, exactly, and we have never stopped take out. But I can’t see myself enjoying going out, not for awhile yet. But at the same time, I would love to support places as they open.

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We will continue to cook most of our meals with the occasional take out.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think coronavirus is carried in food or that it affects the digestive system. Didn't someone post an article here a few weeks ago that basically said as much? Perhaps I'm wrong.

I don't think I would eat out. I'd be concerned about virus particles in the air, but also, I prefer to eat at home these days. Way before the lockdown, I'd noticed that in the past few years, servers have become so aggressive and intrusive that I was finding it hard to enjoy my meal. I know they're just trying to earn their tips, but the number of times I have been interrupted mid-sentence when my dining companion and I were having an interesting conversation, and very clearly not looking around for the server, was becoming just stupid. We'd be right in the middle of saying something really interesting, and just as we were getting to the good part, Server would thrust his or her head into our field of vision and boom "IS EVERYTHING ALL RIGHT?" Not just once, but multiple times per meal.

And maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure that a few decades ago, people modulated their voices in public to a greater degree than they do now. So often, in addition to ridiculously intrusive service, someone at the next table is screaming their head off with no regard to other diners.

All in all, the only place where I can get an intimate, relaxing meal these days is at home.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results