shape
carat
color
clarity

If restaurants reopens in May would you be too afraid to eat out?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't be afraid but I think my wife will be too scared to eat out. She was kind of scare to go out even before the lockdown.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Depends on how our state is doing by then, but as things are now, I won't be eating out for a while.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not. We will continue to err on the side of caution and continue our once a week takeouts.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
No not at all just as long as they still implement social distancing protocols ie. restaurants are not full to the brim. And they still do thermal scanners at the entrance. As well as aseptic techniques in cleaning the restaurant as well as cleaning after guests. Like the use of D125 and such. But still I’ll do it at my own risk since there are a lot of asymptomatic people out there.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I would insist on outside seating, 6 ft distance between diners and/or passerbys, and hot foods only if I were eating out. Not just lukewarm, but HOT.

Jadeite_101

Shiny_Rock
I would insist on outside seating, 6 ft distance between diners and/or passerbys, and hot foods only if I were eating out. Not just lukewarm, but HOT.

Definitely no sushi or sashimi for me either

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not afraid per se but I wouldn't eat out that soon because I feel it is too risky. I would rather err on the side of being too cautious vs not cautious enough if you kwim.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but we usually only eat out for special occasions. Also since lockdown started we have been shopping for two weeks at a time so a bit hard to justify eating out with so much food in the house.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I am afraid to do much of anything just yet, my son's asthma is pretty bad, while I dont care about what really happens to me I sure as heck wouldnt want to give it to him!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not in May, even if everything was opening back up. I just don't feel like things will truly be "safe" for awhile. I might start eating take out though, which I stopped completely over a month ago. That might make me happy enough because I'm so dang sick of home cooked meals already :???:

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
As long as we continue to have few cases and no known community spread then I would go out. I would be reassured if restaurant staff were wearing masks and density in the restaurant were reduced significantly. They can open doors/windows to increase fresh air flow as well. I think those are some common sense measures that could be taken....but not in places with ongoing community spread. In that case I will stay in and do takeout a while longer.
Oh, I would also check with the director of the food program I work with. I want to be able to continue to do that and if she felt uncomfortable I would refrain. There are only a few of us and we are staying similarly isolated to not put the program in jeopardy.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go out to eat if our statistics stay the same as they are today. The virus doesn’t pick Costco over a restaurant over my husband’s job. The reality is that I have loved ones who are considered essentials and have not stopped working. Why is their potential exposure less valuable than those of us who are lucky to work at home? All this to say that I have had no choice but to remain optimistic bc the alternative would be to live in fear and distrust of my loved ones 24/7. I have found that my essential loved ones seem very confident and do not live in terror themselves, which is comforting. So yes. I will be ready.

Last edited:

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
We only eat out for sushi/sashimi---so no.
We stocked up at our Asian market 6 weeks ago and still have enough in the freezer for 2 batches of poke and a couple dinners of sashimi and rolls.
Sadly, no quail eggs for quail egg shooters.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rather than "too afraid" to eat out, I'd consider myself too careful to eat out.

I suspect I'll feel the risk is low enough to eat out again long after the new vaccine has been widely available, and the number of cases has plummeted.

Besides, cooking at home is relaxing, cheaper and healthier.
I like work.

Last edited:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Do I trust the law [blind as it is] to protect everyone else from me & my unusually diverse contacts? Not this time.

The numbers of Granada look like the patrons of my dearest pubs ,(

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

TBH, I am in no hurry to return ANYWHERE.

cheers--Sharon

Do you get takeout? I don’t even do that...but I’m thinking about it...My son’s birthday is the 18th. He LOVES Maggiano’s spaghetti and meatballs...They can do curbside...I’m not sure I’m up to getting the bag out with gloves...dumping all our meals into dishes and heating them up separately until they‘re hot...I’m getting wackadoodle...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you get takeout? I don’t even do that...but I’m thinking about it...My son’s birthday is the 18th. He LOVES Maggiano’s spaghetti and meatballs...They can do curbside...I’m not sure I’m up to getting the bag out with gloves...dumping all our meals into dishes and heating them up separately until they‘re hot...I’m getting wackadoodle...

Not for sometime but I am missing it. The last meal out I had was at the hospital--so posh! :bigsmile:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think I'll be eating IN at restaurants, but I'm looking forward to more restaurants being open and continue getting takeout.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd definitely be eating out if our numbers are what they are now.

I went to a buffet at a hotel with my sister just before they shut us down. No regrets it was awesome.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I could do outdoor dining MAYBE (yay for the nice weather coming back!) but it would be a NO to indoor dining. And I would want to see that everything was freshly wiped down. There's really only one restaurant that I would trust to go to.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you get takeout? I don’t even do that...but I’m thinking about it..
I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for not getting takeaway / delivery (not just you personally, I mean generally!) - one eats the food inside the boxes, which will (should... lol) have been freshly cooked and piping hot, rather than licking all the outside of the packaging! :lol:

We've had a couple of chinese takeaways delivered - only difference is the person delivering puts it on the doorstep, rings the bell then stands back until you take it in :) (assuming you've paid over the phone!)

I can't wait to go for an Indian - it's been ages :( :lol:

I am sort of fatalistic about everything at the moment - we're all going to get it at some point, and the mortality risk is very low for most people, so as long as there's capacity within the healthcare facility, I'm not too worried :)

TBH I think I've already had it - felt rough for a few days and had a tight chest (which I only rarely get) so I'm hopeful that we might be able to get hold of some DIY antigen tests for use at home, so we can know for sure :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The last time we dine out was the last day before the lockdown inside a 7000 sq ft dining area. There was only one other table with customers so there was plenty of spacing b/t us. I don't expect any restaurant to be near half capacity if they decided to reopen for business.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
when it hits 30 days since the last reported case in my area i would do a sit down restaurant.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd definitely be eating out if our numbers are what they are now.

I went to a buffet at a hotel with my sister just before they shut us down. No regrets it was awesome.

We got Sushi to takeaway a few weeks ago when it was at the highest numbers in Australia, no regrets either.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results