shape
carat
color
clarity

If ACA is repealed what will happen to millions of Americans

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say I haven't been this entertained in ages. I actually laughed so hard I woke up the CB. And I've taken screen shots of this whole exchange because I highly suspect by the time we get up tomorrow it may be long gone!
I was refreshing every 3 seconds like a mad woman in order to keep up.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I know and they quote stuff without citation and fabricate "meaning" out of nothing. And all of that from an ill-intentioned, ill-informed platform founded on obsolete power structures that are not relevant.
except that they persist as residues of the formerly dominant, lowest ideals of a former time.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Ruby, i don't think you need to worry about infecting anyone.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know and they quote stuff without citation and fabricate "meaning" out of nothing. And all of that from an ill-intentioned, ill-informed platform founded on obsolete power structures that are not relevant.
except that they persist as residues of the formerly dominant, lowest ideals of a former time.

Right.

... ideal candidates for the ignore function.
Have you read my sigline?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
https://t.cdc.gov/synd.aspx?js=0&rid=cs_3605&url=http://t.cdc.gov/VIK

Does my HIV-positive partner’s viral load affect my risk of getting HIV?

Yes, as an HIV-positive person’s viral load goes down, the chance of transmitting HIV goes down.

Viral load is the amount of HIV in the blood of someone who is HIV-positive. When the viral load is very low, it is called viral suppression. Undetectable viral load is when the amount of HIV in the blood is so low that it can’t be measured.

In general, the higher someone’s viral load, the more likely that person is to transmit HIV. People who have HIV but are in care, taking HIV medicines, and have a very low or undetectable viral load are much less likely to transmit HIV than people who have HIV and do not have a low viral load.

However, a person with HIV can still potentially transmit HIV to a partner even if they have an undetectable viral load, because

• HIV may still be found in genital fluids (semen, vaginal fluids). The viral load test only measures virus in blood.
  • A person’s viral load may go up between tests. When this happens, they may be more likely to transmit HIV to partners.
  • Sexually transmitted diseases increase viral load in genital fluids.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right.

... ideal candidates for the ignore function.
Have you read my sigline?
BTW Kenny (or others) how do I make PS show me siglines? I've never seen them from anyone. Is there something I have to turn on to show them?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW Kenny (or others) how do I make PS show me siglines? I've never seen them from anyone. Is there something I have to turn on to show them?

Up at the top click on ...
My Pages
Your account
On the left side: Preferences
Scroll down to Options
Check the box next to, Show people's signatures with their messages
Scroll down and click Save Changes

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Up at the top click on ...
My Pages
Your account
On the left side: Preferences
Check the box next to, Show people's signatures with their messages
Save Changes
Yes, thank you!!! And wow that's a glorious signature line.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella, imagine how peaceful your life would be if everyone put the trouble making trolls on ignore.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-even...ably-prevents-heterosexual-transmission-virus

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-even...nts-non-aids-outcomes-hiv-infected-people-nih

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-even...-among-high-risk-groups-us-community-settings

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-even...-based-blueprint-hiv-treatment-and-prevention

But the point is not about HIV at all. It is simply that the health of the many IS the health of the individual. your premiums in New Hampshire aren't paying for the 16 year old girl's abortion in MO, That is being covered DESPITE your premiums and YOUR coverage needs. And when she is 24, working a full time job, paying health premiums that underwrite your oxygen tank, or thyroid ablation and synthroid for the rest of your life or whatever, even mental health treatment for the psycho down the street who otherwise would kill you in your sleep, you will be getting more than your money's worth even if you don't see it directly.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
So Vapid, Pinto, Deejay and Matata, no snarky comments on what the CDC has to say.

No response at all?

ruby59 » 22 minutes ago

Yes, as an HIV-positive person’s viral load goes down, the chance of transmitting HIV goes down.

Viral load is the amount of HIV in the blood of someone who is HIV-positive. When the viral load is very low, it is called viral suppression. Undetectable viral load is when the amount of HIV in the blood is so low that it can’t be measured.

In general, the higher someone’s viral load, the more likely that person is to transmit HIV. People who have HIV but are in care, taking HIV medicines, and have a very low or undetectable viral load are much less likely to transmit HIV than people who have HIV and do not have a low viral load.

However, a person with HIV can still potentially transmit HIV to a partner even if they have an undetectable viral load, because

• HIV may still be found in genital fluids (semen, vaginal fluids). The viral load test only measures virus in blood.
  • A person’s viral load may go up between tests. When this happens, they may be more likely to transmit HIV to partners.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-even...ably-prevents-heterosexual-transmission-virus

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-even...nts-non-aids-outcomes-hiv-infected-people-nih

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-even...-among-high-risk-groups-us-community-settings

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/news-even...-based-blueprint-hiv-treatment-and-prevention

But the point is not about HIV at all. It is simply that the health of the many IS the health of the individual. your premiums in New Hampshire aren't paying for the 16 year old girl's abortion in MO, That is being covered DESPITE your premiums and YOUR coverage needs. And when she is 24, working a full time job, paying health premiums that underwrite your oxygen tank, or thyroid ablation and synthroid for the rest of your life or whatever, even mental health treatment for the psycho down the street who otherwise would kill you in your sleep, you will be getting more than your money's worth even if you don't see it directly.

Yes, that was the point, exactly.

And your minions chimed in as well.

And then some blank square, so I must have someone on ignore.

But despite all your insults to me I am not as out of touch as you accused me of being.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Sigh . . .
I leave this place for a while, and see what happens?
All the fact-fearing trolls come out. They just want attention, since they are obviously not getting any at home. :whistle:
Here's a chart with the FACT that the MIDDLE CLASS IS NOT PAYING FOR OBAMACARE.

blog_cbpp_tax_savings_obamacare_repeal_0.jpg

If someone here is making over $500K, the Mother Jones reporter has summed it up well:

You know what really gets me? Even among the millionaires, repeal will only net them about $50,000. That's like finding spare change in the sofa cushions for this crowd. Is clawing back a few nickels and dimes really worth immiserating 20 million people?

Full article, because I loves me some facts: http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/03/well-was-worlds-easiest-chart-make

Meanwhile, you guys did some interesting tidying up around here, with this new format. But is there a reason my ring looks dirty now?

ETA: whew! Cleaned it!

Last edited:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that was the point, exactly.

And your minions chimed in as well.

And then some blank square, so I must have someone on ignore.

But despite all your insults to me I am not as out of touch as you accused me of being.
Why are you so far off topic in this thread? If you want to start an AIDS thread, go for it. I refuse to go back to try to figure out how this came up. Is there a new roll my eyes emotie?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Ruby, I would gladly loan you a few bucks to buy a vowel. in the mean time I will no longer listen to your consonants.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'm off to bed soon, just wanted to say hi to Vapid Lapid, long time no see! :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So Vapid, Pinto, Deejay and Matata, no snarky comments on what the CDC has to say.

No response at all?

ruby59 » 22 minutes ago

Nope - pintobeans do not reproduce this way.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

I actually agree with you. I wish everyone could get all the healthcare they need.

Synthoid for thyroid. An oxygen tank for me. Mental health counseling as well.

A policy for everyone that covers everything.

But who could afford it except for the very rich, which I am not.

I put off appointments that I need for my health conditions because of the 5,000 deductible or because I have to pay out of pocket.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Bernie Sanders said that he will be coming up with a single-payer, Medicare for all type system soon. Obamacare (which again, I and my family are on) was actually a compromise to keep the insurance companies happy (don't make me pull out facts again, Aetna pulled out of states EVEN WHILE THEY WERE MAKING A PROFIT). Bernie also said he will address the fact that drugs cost too much in this country (don't make me pull out the chart with the Canadian versus US prices)

iLander

Ideal_Rock

I actually agree with you. I wish everyone could get all the healthcare they need.

Synthoid for thyroid. An oxygen tank for me. Mental health counseling as well.

A policy for everyone that covers everything.

But who could afford it except for the very rich, which I am not.

I put off appointments that I need for my health conditions because of the 5,000 deductible or because I have to pay out of pocket.

You just described Obamacare :). . . I personally think it's great because it does cover Mental Health care and should reduce the number of crazies out there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella, imagine how peaceful your life would be if everyone put the trouble making trolls on ignore.

Kenny
I agree. For Ella's sanity and all our sanity the Ignore feature is a good good thing. 9 out of 10 politicians agree. :razz:
Finally something easy to agree upon. ::) Right now I only have one PSer on ignore and PS life has been so peaceful since I did that. One is enough for me so far.

If only healthcare could be as easy a decision.

Hi iLander (hope you stay a while we have missed you!) and Vapid thank you for adding reason and sanity to what was quickly becoming a disorganized nonsensical thread jack.

Bernie Sanders said that he will be coming up with a single-payer, Medicare for all type system soon. Obamacare (which again, I and my family are on) was actually a compromise to keep the insurance companies happy (don't make me pull out facts again, Aetna pulled out of states EVEN WHILE THEY WERE MAKING A PROFIT). Bernie also said he will address the fact that drugs cost too much in this country (don't make me pull out the chart with the Canadian versus US prices)

Amen to that and fingers crossed.
And by the way iLander, your ring looks fabulous.:love:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No response at

Nope, not one comment -- snarky or otherwise -- on what the CDC has to say. I am not qualified to make commentary on complex medical issues and cherry picked snippets out of various pieces of information aren't even a valid starting point for that type of knowledge or evaluation.

My participation here last night centered around VL's highly entertaining sparring.

Sorry to have bailed early before I saw this post directed at me, however once the CB was woken up from my laughing we started talking in bed and... well... some highly entertainment things of a different nature ensued for real and outside the land of the internet.

But it's a whole new day and I log on to find you to have been thinking of me. How sweet! Morning Rubes! :wavey:

Last edited:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I was refreshing every 3 seconds like a mad woman in order to keep up.

Did you also see my post where I proved him wrong.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
No, actually you lost.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Nope, not one comment -- snarky or otherwise -- on what the CDC has to say. I am not qualified to make commentary on complex medical issues and cherry picked snippets out of various pieces of information aren't even a valid starting point for that type of knowledge or evaluation.

My participation here last night centered around VL's highly entertaining sparring.

Sorry to have bailed early before I saw this post directed at me, however once the CB was woken up from my laughing we started talking in bed and... well... some highly entertainment things of a different nature ensued for real and outside the land of the internet.

But it's a whole new day and I log on to find you to have been thinking of me. How sweet! Morning Rubes! :wavey:

No, you were just qualified to make comments yesterday.

I posted from 3 different sources.

With the one from the CDC, see the entire link. You have heard of the CDC, haven't you?

Do your own research and learn that low viral load is not the same as HIV negative and posting to the contrary is spreading dangerous information.

As far as the medical issue, I volunteer on a hot line so this was in our training.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Kenny I agree. For Ella's sanity and all our sanity the Ignore feature is a good good thing. 9 out of 10 politicians agree. :razz:
Finally something easy to agree upon. ::) Right now I only have one PSer on ignore and PS life has been so peaceful since I did that. One is enough for me so far.

If only healthcare could be as easy a decision.

Hi iLander (hope you stay a while we have missed you!) and Vapid thank you for adding reason and sanity to what was quickly becoming a disorganized nonsensical thread jack.

Amen to that and fingers crossed.
And by the way iLander, your ring looks fabulous.:love:

Missy, I suggest you go back in the thread.

Who brought up the HIV issue first?

Who was posting about scenarios of my husband going to Vegas?

Who called me unintelligent, only good in a Costco line?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, I love the Mets! I would be glad to go to a game with you!

OK just reading all the posts I missed and LOL very entertaining. Speaking of which (i.e. entertaining games), VL, I sent you PB's email of you want to catch a Mets game!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... but every time someone talks to them they climb up from under the bridge and become visible. :knockout:

The ignore function stops the tragic cycle.
If nobody responds to them trolls eventually go away for greener pastures.

Exactly.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no clue what Ruby was talking about in her other thread about proving some know it all wrong, but VL can I just say, please know that somewhere in the cold North, Elliot86 is silently saluting your awesomeness and badassery. That was savage as hell.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results