shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW IDJ custom pendant in memoriam of my mother

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been working on this pendant for a few months now and as luck would have it it was delivered today, on what would have been my parent’s 48th anniversary; this Friday will be five years since my Mom passed away.

The center diamond was my Mom’s e-ring diamond and all of the melee is from her anniversary band. I had previously mounted just her diamond in a simple bezel set pendant but it was always flipping over (driving me crazy) and I decided to redo it. Since I was undertaking a remount, I figured why not bling it up a bit? =)2

I provided IDJ with rudimentary sketches of what I wanted - the XO’s are because my Mom always signed her notes to us with “XOXO...”, and the hearts are self-explanatory. I also wanted a point to be on top vs a flat area (reminds me too much of a stop sign). We went through a few iterations with minor changes before landing on this final design. I chose 14k white gold for the pendant and 14k rose gold for the chain.

I’m thrilled with how it came out and actually teared up when I opened the box. As always, Yekutiel was a doll to work with. He knew how sentimental this piece was for me and he made sure it was absolutely perfect before he’d let it leave his shop.

On to photos...

AABADEFE-7BCD-4786-AB54-FC34F2751AFE.jpeg E88B02BB-9C25-493F-9EF3-4A0D08152115.jpeg C8B91BA2-088B-48F4-BBE7-144B20D5EB66.jpeg ABCB6ECF-7BB7-4216-B03B-4699623E2DAB.jpeg 86ED0A68-6B02-43E0-81C7-5E7248072326.jpeg

Last edited:

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's lovely, looks gorgeous on you and what a beautiful thing to do with your Mom's diamonds.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really pretty. Wear it in good health with wonderful memories of your mother.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful piece with such specials memories for you.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how absolutely beautiful! :love: IDJ did an amazing job. It looks fantastic on you. I teared up a little myself when I saw the x's and o's. A very meaningful and sentimental piece, and a wonderful way to memorialize your mother.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Such presence and full of love!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely! What wonderful sentiment, translated into a gorgeous, significant piece of jewelry. Hoping it gives you many happy memories of your mother.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:It's stunning!! And the halo around the center is like her giving you hugs!!!!:love:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful way to keep your dear mom close to your heart. It's beautiful.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a perfect remembrance! It's beautiful and so is the sentiment.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So many special elements in memory of your mother! It's just beautiful!

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love all the little details, and they come together as a perfect whole! Very beautiful.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Its lovely and a great remembrance of your Mom!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful - I'm sure your mother would be pleased with how it turned out and so special that you get to wear it everyday. Beautiful piece and story!!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly a beautiful pendant in every way.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love::love::love:

Q

Queenie60

So beautiful and special. Yekutiel put his heart into this one! A lovely way to remember your mother.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out beautiful and what a wonderful tribute to your mom.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is spectacular, and so very special. Thank you for sharing your beautiful new piece.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful tribute to your mom. The pendant is gorgeous.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so lovely. No wonder it brought tears to your eyes - it's so pretty & precious!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful way to remember your Mom, I just love it.

Sabrina31

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That is so pretty, and so wearable, such a beautiful way to wear something from your mom. Priceless. Congrats.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks so lovely on you! What a great thing to do with precious heirloom stones. Love that you are keeping and wearing your moms diamonds.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant and even more beautiful tribute. May your mom always be with you in your heart. Wear in health and happiness and love.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful way to remember your mother, Shiny. My mother died in December, but I have had her diamond for a few years since she had had a stroke. I also had hers set in a solitaire bezel pendant, and have planned to reset it in some kind of halo, as well, since it would sit flatter and have more presence, too. Your pendant is very special and beautiful, and I know you will have happy memories as you wear it!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful piece and how verÿ special that you used your mom's diamonds. I just love sentimental pieces and acutely understand our need for them. Wear it in much happiness and wonderful memories of your beloved mom.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful and special way to remember your mom!!!! It's another great way to feel like she's always near you. IDJ really knocked it out of the park again with this piece - it really looks so amazing and has such great presence on you!!!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous and special!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results