shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas needed for inherited Oval diamond

LissaB

Rough_Rock
My mother passed away 4 years ago and I inherited her Oval 1.51 carat vs-2, color H engagement ring. It is set in 14 kt gold. It measures 9.43 x 6.14 x 3.84. The band is getting thin and is a bit tight on my finger. I have been thinking about having it remounted but I can't decide on a setting. I wear this ring with my wedding band and anniversary bands but I also wear it solo on my right hand. I am interested in any ideas you may have. I am also interested in seeing some east west setting ideas.

Attachments

• 20200127_185317.jpg
    20200127_185317.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 92
  • 20200127_185606.jpg
    20200127_185606.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200127_185703.jpg
    20200127_185703.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 47

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
You don’t mention your ring size, but an East-West style would give great finger coverage while allowing you to stack the ring with other bands.
I don’t have any suggestions otherwise, but it is a beautiful ring and the sentiment is priceless.

LissaB

Rough_Rock
You don’t mention your ring size, but an East-West style would give great finger coverage while allowing you to stack the ring with other bands.
I don’t have any suggestions otherwise, but it is a beautiful ring and the sentiment is priceless.

Thank you, yes the sentiment is priceless. I think my size is 6.5 -7. I like the idea of good finger coverage with the East-West style. I think I want to keep the setting simple. I don't want it to look too much like an engagement ring and I want something that will make the diamond the main attraction.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second East-West setting, a thick bezel and a chunky plain shank, to be worn as a RHR on its own.

To throw another idea into the pot, how about setting it East-West in an open bangle, like this one that belongs to another PSer?

I am leaning towards this bangle idea for my mum's MRB myself, with flat ends so that they do not interfere too much when I am working with the laptop and no millgrain.

DK :))

LissaB

Rough_Rock
I went east/west and very please with the results. Half-bezel so very simple and easy to wear :)

IMG_3639.JPG

I am so glad I found Pricescope! That looks stunning! So much better seeing the ring up close and on a finger! when I started looking 2 years ago there was nothing in stock where I live for me to see in person. I did go to a local jeweler that does in house CAD and he did a half bezel and a prong design for me. I definitely prefer the half bezel after seeing yours. I think I will contact him and request a chunkier band update to the half bezel CAD. Do you have any more pictures from different angles? I would love to see more.

LissaB

Rough_Rock
I second East-West setting, a thick bezel and a chunky plain shank, to be worn as a RHR on its own.

To throw another idea into the pot, how about setting it East-West in an open bangle, like this one that belongs to another PSer?

I am leaning towards this bangle idea for my mum's MRB myself, with flat ends so that they do not interfere too much when I am working with the laptop and no millgrain.

Bangle 01.JPG

That is a good idea and I love the style of that bracelet. However, I very rarely wear bracelets since I retired. I have several very nice ones and half the time I forget to put one on even when the DH and I are going out somewhere special. I wear my rings every day and want something easy and comfortable especially since this was my mother's diamond.

LissaB

Rough_Rock

Bangle 01.JPG

Hi again, Can you tell me what MRB stands for? I'm new here and just learning all the acronyms. thank you!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again, Can you tell me what MRB stands for? I'm new here and just learning all the acronyms. thank you!!!

MRB - Modern Round Brilliant.

Gorgeous diamond by the way, and I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. I love the idea of an east-west set half bezel. It will look very stand alone & be comfortable to wear.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
See the Elipse by Cartier.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock

LissaB

Rough_Rock
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds :)

@LissaB - I posted quite a few pics over at my post sharing the ring making process here -> https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/completed-my-2ct-semi-bezel-ring-❤️.253472/#post-4654055

I opted for a half-bezel to let more light through and I didn't want anything too ostentatious given the size of the stone. I'm very happy with it and like that it's low profile for comfortable wear.

Thank you so much for the link to your pics. I absolutely love your ring. I can't wait to get started on mine. I have already emailed and he is going to start working on some designs for me.

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock

Modern Round Brilliant.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning ring! Congratulations!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This came out beautiful!!! Love it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is lovely! Nice and sturdy and good finger coverage!

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
What about an East-West pendant necklace? It could be simple, or with bezel or halo? I think it would look lovely and not compete with your rings!

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful design!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results