shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for Gene Sapphire Setting

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
I've had this 1.29 Montana Sapphire that has been sitting in a safe for a little over a year. My husband has warned me that I am not allowed to purchase more stones until I get this set, oh woe is me, first world problems.

Anyway, I purchased another stone from Precision Gem today, so I need to get it in gear on this stone, I think of it as my Blue Jean stone as the color is close to denim in my mind.

I'm seven months pregnant right now and way to fat to get anything made into a ring, I'd just be re-sizing for the next year+. Instead I was thinking a unplated white gold setting pendant, possibly with a mili/hallow of diamonds.

There is this Erica Winter's ring that I was thinking of as a starting point for a pendant inspiration. Four prongs, diamonds (I'd do MB), and then a fine milgrain around the edge. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/80853755791672509/

But there are many pricescopers out there who have MUCH more experience thing about this sort of thing than I, I wanted to open up a post to get feedback/ideas. Here is a link to a video of the stone. https://youtu.be/WCZaTY14Kis

What should I do with this stone!?!

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"My husband has warned me that I am not allowed to purchase more stones until I get this set, oh woe is me, first world problems.

Anyway, I purchased another stone from Precision Gem today, so I need to get it in gear on this stone."

This was good enough to share with my hubby. Very relatable! :lol::D:lol:

I don't have any advice on how you should set this one but I am curious as to which Gene stone you bought yesterday. Do share!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's such a beautiful sapphire with a gorgeous cut! I think the milgrain would look great with it. Would you consider just setting one diamond above it?

S

SparkliesLuver

Would you (or someone else) mind posting a picture of the inspiration ring? Sorry; I'm the only human being on the planet without a Pinterest account. o_O:lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go SparkliesLuver. No pinterest account? You don't know what your missing. I'll tell you...hours and hours of wasted time (but it's enjoyable so...). :lol:

for pricescope.jpg

Volvoqueen

Shiny_Rock
It was the Green Tourmaline from yesterday. I've been wanting a Tourmaline for a while, but I'm never fast enough to grab one. I was literally on the website when it was updated, stars aligning.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, what a score. That one was lovely. I hope you'll post hand pics over in the "Gene's newest stones" thread, when you get it.

I like your inspiration ring. I think it would make a pretty pendant. Definitely milgrain on the edges!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, elle! I appreciate it. :) hahaha I know. I'm not on FB either. Instagram is the only social media I have...kinda on purpose. Anyhow, that's a topic for another day!

I don't think you can go wrong with that as your inspiration. I don't know your budget or taste, but I think maybe adding baby rose cuts on the N, S, E, W points - or just N and S to emphasize the shape - could be really neat. Just add a bit more unique detail without overwhelming your stone. I guess that also leads me to ask: how will you orient it? N-S? I assumed so, but it can't hurt to ask. :) I'd also try to keep as open of a back/profile as possible to help with light and cleaning.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results