shape
carat
color
clarity

Idealscope experts: is this a good or bad idealscope image?

joey2talk2

Rough_Rock
idealscope_15.jpg

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Excellent image, probably lower crown higher pavilion combo. Should be a nice bright diamond

joey2talk2

Rough_Rock
Excellent image, probably lower crown higher pavilion combo. Should be a nice bright diamond

Hi gm89uk thanks for that info.. the specs are:
Measurements5.97 - 6.01 x 3.65 mm
Carat Weight0.81 carat
Color GradeI
Clarity GradeSI1
Cut GradeExcellent
PROPORTIONS
Depth61.0 %
Table59 %
Crown Angle35.0°
Crown Height14.5%
Pavilion Angle40.8°
Pavilion Depth43.0%
Star Length50%
Lower Half75%
GirdleMedium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
CuletNone

PolishExcellent
SymmetryExcellent
FLUORESCENCE
FluorescenceFaint
CLARITY CHARACTERISTICS
Clarity CharacteristicsTwinning Wisp

joey2talk2

Rough_Rock
I am debating if I trade up this diamond or not... and what I can learn from this Diamond which I shouldn't choose for the next.. Thanks

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a very nice IS image. Is this your current stone you are considering trading? Or one you are considering buying?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nice numbers, depends on your old stone and how much this one is

joey2talk2

Rough_Rock
This is my old stone... looking for getting another one that is bigger and more fire than this one and a higher color grade... still haven't checked them out looking at my old stone to verify the specs and learn where I can improve. For some reason I hear the wife always telling me that it doesn't look as white as other ones and doesn't shine as much as the other ones... not sure... I felt like I had made a good choice but now questioning my abilities lol

p.s: I even got her a sharper Image to keep it clean.. hot water, 3 pumps of windex and some dishsoap on the normal cycle keeps it clean..

Last edited:

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is my old stone... looking for getting another one that is bigger and more fire than this one and a higher color grade... still haven't checked them out looking at my old stone to verify the specs and learn where I can improve. For some reason I hear the wife always telling me that it doesn't look as white as other ones and doesn't shine as much as the other ones... not sure... I felt like I had made a good choice but now questioning my abilities lol
This could potentially be related to the Si1 if the twinning wisps are the grade setting characteristic. In some cases features like twinning wisps, clouds, and graining can result in slightly reduced transparency and cause the diamond to lack the 'crispness' you would otherwise expect.

joey2talk2

Rough_Rock
This could potentially be related to the Si1 if the twinning wisps are the grade setting characteristic. In some cases features like twinning wisps, clouds, and graining can result in slightly reduced transparency and cause the diamond to lack the 'crispness' you would otherwise expect.

I included here the diamond video of the rock in question... can you check what you think? Thanks,

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
As a trade member I cannot recommend or criticize another vendor's diamond. This is often a subtle effect that requires a trained eye and a hand's on inspection.

Eye clean Si1's are in high demand because of price point. Twinning wisps, clouds and graining are amorphous and vague so diamonds that feature these characteristics individually or in combination tend to be eye-clean. But they require careful vetting for possible transparency deficits.

joey2talk2

Rough_Rock
As a trade member I cannot recommend or criticize another vendor's diamond. This is often a subtle effect that requires a trained eye and a hand's on inspection.

Eye clean Si1's are in high demand because of price point. Twinning wisps, clouds and graining are amorphous and vague so diamonds that feature these characteristics individually or in combination tend to be eye-clean. But they require careful vetting for possible transparency deficits.

oh its not another vendor's diamond its my diamond I own it and the video of my diamond...

Reactions: AV_

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh its not another vendor's diamond its my diamond I own it and the video of my diamond...

he still is not allowed to comment on it, since you purchased from JA. However, I think it looks cloudy in the video, so my guess is that she's seeing clouds/haziness. I don't entirely know how a twinning wisp could cause this, but I agree it looks cloudy and hazy.

joey2talk2

Rough_Rock
Don't forget this video is older.. seems like their site has now newer and better resolutions... Anyhow how could twinning wisp cause this?

Reactions: AV_

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depending on how prominent the wisps are - how many, how dense, and where they are located in the diamond - they can impact the normal propagation of light thru the diamond. The result can be diminished transparency imparting a slightly hazy overall look.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
You could probably find a video of twinning whisps clouding a diamond. Blue Nile videos are particularly great at showing off inclusions - exagerated for buying purposes [they might convince people to never touch the VS1s with a pole] but very fun if you like details of crystals.

I do not have a good example of whisps at hand, however ,(

2c

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results