shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kreg

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a 1.5 carat Princess cut VVS, G diamond locally. What is considered an ideal cut for a Princess as far as depth, table, etc...Thanks for any advise in advance

Kreg

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Kreg,

If you are talking about AGS-Ideal, it is basically impossible to assess cut-grading based on table size and depth only.

In this article, I have tried to explain how depth in a princess-cut has no connection to spread or cut-quality: article

In the discussion that followed the article, you can find an example of how one can have cuts varying from AGS-5 up to AGS-0, just by changing one basic pavilion angle, while not touching table size or total depth: discussion

As for table size, one can have AGS-0-grades with almost all possible table sizes, ranging from 55% up to 80%. Although, with a smaller table size, one has more probability of a higher cut-grade, I must say.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results