shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal halo ratio?

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a ruby ring with a similar center stone to halo ratio. The ruby is 6.4mm and the halo melee are 1.7mm. Here it is on a size 8 finger..please ignore my dry & puffy hand ;-). 91FF2FB5-32DB-4E1A-AFCF-046C7A5359CE.jpeg

I love your Ruby ring, @2Neezers !

Odyssey44

Rough_Rock
I have used him a couple of times so that’s great that he can make me one of these at some point! Thanks.

Did he provide the melee or did you? I am wondering what quality of melee they offer. Thanks!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Did he provide the melee or did you? I am wondering what quality of melee they offer. Thanks!

I provided my own melee because I found it easier to price things out that way. I think he can offer anything you want though.

My issue is always whether or not the cut is good enough for melee. I have various rings with VS/G melee and some sparkle like crazy and others not as much and it’s the Cut that makes the difference. I don’t think a lot of people realize that.

Odyssey44

Rough_Rock
I provided my own melee because I found it easier to price things out that way. I think he can offer anything you want though.

My issue is always whether or not the cut is good enough for melee. I have various rings with VS/G melee and some sparkle like crazy and others not as much and it’s the Cut that makes the difference. I don’t think a lot of people realize that.

Thanks! Where did you get your best cut melee? I am trying to price some now.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just depends on the look you want and what you can afford.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK will give you a quote with and without supplying the melee, if you ask.
He can access multiple different types in different qualities, if you ask.

I don’t think they supply ‘bad’ melee. But to work within a budget maybe melee quality is one aspect to tweak.
That being said - if you want top top tier quality melee of what they can access - you’d need to ask for that specifically up front.

Odyssey44

Rough_Rock
Thanks a bunch! All good advice and I will ask.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results