shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal cut Diamond?

Kayliex33

Rough_Rock
hi!

I’m new to the forum but have been following the posts for a while. I’ve found a diamond that I like but wanted to hear what others on here think :) I’ve included info from the GIA certificate. Per HCA it’s a 1.3.

Carat:2.02
Color:E
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.3%
Crown angle: 34.5
Pavilion angle: 40.8
Crown percent (?) 15.5% (not sure what this is)
Thin - medium facet 3.5%
80% lower girdle
50% star

What does 50% star or 80% lower girdle mean? Any insight is much appreciated!

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
hi!

I’m new to the forum but have been following the posts for a while. I’ve found a diamond that I like but wanted to hear what others on here think :) I’ve included info from the GIA certificate. Per HCA it’s a 1.3.

Carat:2.02
Color:E
Table: 55%
Depth: 61.3%
Crown angle: 34.5
Pavilion angle: 40.8
Crown percent (?) 15.5% (not sure what this is)
Thin - medium facet 3.5%
80% lower girdle
50% star

What does 50% star or 80% lower girdle mean? Any insight is much appreciated!

Welcome to Pricescope,

What is the clarity of the diamond? Can you post the GIA report?

I wouldn't be too concerned about the star facets the more important ones are the lower girdle facets ( LGF) which give the personality of the diamond. 80 % LGF'S will give pin fire flashes a more splintery look vs 75 % LGF'S which will give you longer bolder flashes. One isn't better than the other but alot of members on here prefer the bolder flashes personality.

Based on the numbers on the diamond which fall in the ideal range will most likely have excellent light performance but you can't know for sure without advanced images.

Kayliex33

Rough_Rock
It is an eye clean SI1 (or the blue Nile customer service rep said it was at least haha). But from the video, the marks were transluscent, no black visible marks. 8D5894AB-C977-4FD2-AB44-8A595C66CDFC.png

jp201845

Brilliant_Rock
What is your budget that you are working with? What is the price Blue Nile wants for the stone you are looking at? Are you open to other vendors or tied to Blue Nile?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On paper it looks really good.

Personally, I prefer 75% LGF but this one is likely a contender

Kayliex33

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. It's arrived and I have attached photos!What are your thoughts? Also in the picture indoor there are a lot of dots inside the stone.. is this just sparkle? i was worried when I saw that! Also pictures were taken at 6 am so lighting isn't that great.
IMG_4322.jpeg IMG_4324.jpeg IMG_4326.jpeg s IMG_4323.jpeg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 2nd photo is showing diamond's true potential. It appears bright, because it is receiving and reflecting bright diffused daylight from all directions.
In the other photos, it appears greyish and greenish which happens to be the color of the wall in the background. Think your diamond as a mirror. It is reflecting the dark wall behind you. There are a few bright dots/spots. I guess you have some kinds of light fixtures and/or windows behind you in that photo.

It is a beautiful diamond.

Kayliex33

Rough_Rock
wow flyingpig that was spot on!! there was a backdoor patio right behind me! and at the time i took it the walls were very gray (6 am and no lights turned on). Thank you! my boyfriend and i decided that this will be it (no upgrades) and i'm okay with that so i just want this one to be perfect and 100% sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results