shape
carat
color
clarity

I''d Rather Try on Bikinis...Pictures Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t gone through the whole thread yet, so I apologize if I''m being a broken record, but have you considered a bridesmaid gown? If you look at the higher-end designers, you can find some BM dresses in nice fabrics for under $400.

An Alvina Valenta BM gown (available in ivory as seen on the model below!)

Alvina Valenta 9634

AV9834.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow EBree, I think that gown is stunning! It looks like straps could be added to it too. I wish I could pull off that style and had something to wear it to.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ebree, you ROCK! That is one incredible dress! WOW.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 1:08:57 AM
Author: gtn
did you see this one
Wow, gtn...that MS is BEE-YOU-TEE-FULL! I really like this one! I also like the top of the previous one, but after trying on some of the side-swept gowns, they made me look off-balanced for some reason. I thought for sure that would be a good look on me, but it made me look funny...could this be because I am so short-waisted?

I wish I could see this Maggie on someone standing up straighter...it makes me chuckle that all of these ads show the brides in the oddest poses...cuz you all know we''ll be standing JUST like that on our wedding day! I''m going to call around to see if anyone has this one to try on...

Thanks for the ideas! Please keep them coming!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 1:20:01 AM
Author: EBree
I haven't gone through the whole thread yet, so I apologize if I'm being a broken record, but have you considered a bridesmaid gown? If you look at the higher-end designers, you can find some BM dresses in nice fabrics for under $400.

An Alvina Valenta BM gown (available in ivory as seen on the model below!)

Alvina Valenta 9634
Hi Again, EBree...

I love the back of that dress you posted! I am afraid my "girls" would come right out over the top of that one! I am also looking for something with straps and a fitted waist, but I am definitely open to BM dresses if I can find one I like!

ETA: Do you think that one is available with straps?

Thanks for your help!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Sorry...I can''t get the back to post...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 12:08:01 AM
Author: Harleigh

Date: 1/31/2008 7:44:36 PM
Author: luckystar112
I''m late in the game but I choose number 3!
I''m biased thought because that''s my dress! hehe
Thanks for chiming in, Tacori!

luckystar...I''ll have to go see if I can find your dress thread again...it is a lovely dress and very well made.

I don''t know how much ANY of these say Maui to me, but I am getting married in a garden, not on the beach, so I don''t know if that matters. I think #3 was by far my favorite strapless dress because it had a sweetheart neckline that came up a bit further on the sides, but I don''t know if that was due to the ginormous size of it or if that''s how it would really look. I am trying to cover up a surgery scar on the front of my shoulder, and this was better than any other strapless ones I have tried, so it could still be in the running, I just don''t know.

Thanks for your opinions!
#3! it''s my dress too... and it wasn''t the ginormous size, the neckline does come up more on the sides than other dresses, it really flatters the bust i think

K&L

Shiny_Rock
and another comment... the first time i tried it on, i definitely liked it more than the other dresses i''d seen (i kept comparing them to that one), but it wasn''t until i kept looking and ran into it at another store that i realized it was the one... they had different types of lighting (in most bridal stores the lights are very bright, but in a church or reception venue the lights aren''t as bright), and in lower lighting, the dress really sparkled and looked amazing! that was when i knew it was the one
1.gif

i hope you have that same feeling too! (even if it isn''t with #3)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 2:14:57 AM
EBree...I looked at more dresses from the designer you posted and I love this one:

http://www.alvinavalenta.com/alv_bm/display_dress.php?imageno=9672&multimatch=x

Any thoughts from everyone?

ETA: Is there any way to find out the cost of this dress? And as it is from an exclusive designer, I guess that means I couldn''t try any of these on?
Why couldn''t you? Go on the Alvina website and do a search for a location near you that carries her BM gowns. Go from there. I don''t think it will more than 500. Probably in the 400 range.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
another other comment... i remembered you said you needed a size 0 or 2, and i am the same way. the smallest size casablanca sells is a 4. I was about 2 inches smaller than the measurements on the size chart for a 4, but they assured me they could alter it. well, my bridal consultant was amazing and called casablanca and found out they actually have a size 2 pattern for that dress at no additional charge. it made me feel a lot better about alterations. well, i had my 2nd fitting today and i can attest that it did make things easier. also, having it to your height was great too! (all in all, only $70 for alterations, when I had been quoted $300)

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
EBree...I looked at more dresses from the designer you posted and I love this one:

Harleigh -- I think that this dress is stunning! It looks as though, based on what you have described, about your girls, that it would be incredibly flattering on your figure as well.
9.gif

I haven't commented before but I've been following along on this thread ... Good luck with your search ... I hope you are closing in on "the" one!
35.gif

** eta ** Of the other choices presented #5 is my fave, however, I have no doubt that YOUR killer dress of perfection is still out there waiting for you to find it .. The dress mentioned above may be it.
31.gif
When you do find it ... pics please
31.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh...I am joining the bandwagon...number 5 for sure!!!

Not only did it look beautiful on you...the tailored picture in the magazine gave us all a glimpse of what it will look like. Wow, wow, wow!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh...

I am adding some suggestions for you...

These are all Justin Alexander gowns...I wore one of his dresses at my wedding, and can positively atest to the quality of his work. His gowns range from really affordable (1,000 ish) to disgusting (10k plus)...I paid above 7k for my dress which was from his couture line, but I think he priced right around the Maggie S. dresses you liked and tried on. Hope something here is inspirational!

Justin Alexander - Style: 8336

Justin Alexander - Style: 8334

Justin Alexander - Style: 8351

Justin Alexander - Style: 8349

Justin Alexander - Style: 8348

Justin Alexander - Style: 8353

Justin Alexander Couture- Style: 9560

Justin Alexander Couture- Style: 9559

Sincerity Bridal - Style: 5832

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 7:09:00 PM
Author: K&L
and another comment... the first time i tried it on, i definitely liked it more than the other dresses i'd seen (i kept comparing them to that one), but it wasn't until i kept looking and ran into it at another store that i realized it was the one... they had different types of lighting (in most bridal stores the lights are very bright, but in a church or reception venue the lights aren't as bright), and in lower lighting, the dress really sparkled and looked amazing! that was when i knew it was the one
1.gif

i hope you have that same feeling too! (even if it isn't with #3)
Thanks, K&L...I'm hoping maybe another salon has it in a bit smaller size. I imagine that in the right size it would be gorgeous, but I'm still not sure I feel comfortable in strapless, but we shall see!

ETA: I just saw your other post about the sizing...that is REALLY good to know! That could be a real possibility as with being able to order the correct length could be a HUGE money saver! Thank you again!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 7:12:56 PM
Author: Gypsy

ETA: Is there any way to find out the cost of this dress? And as it is from an exclusive designer, I guess that means I couldn''t try any of these on?
Why couldn''t you? Go on the Alvina website and do a search for a location near you that carries her BM gowns. Go from there. I don''t think it will more than 500. Probably in the 400 range.
Thanks, Gypsy...I did look for ones in my area. I called two of them, but they said since it was from the Fall 2006 collection they didn''t think they could get it. No word on the cost yet!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, oobiecoo! I really love that first one you posted! Beautiful dress!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 1:43:00 AM
Author: Sparkalicious

Harleigh -- I think that this dress is stunning! It looks as though, based on what you have described, about your girls, that it would be incredibly flattering on your figure as well.
9.gif

I haven''t commented before but I''ve been following along on this thread ... Good luck with your search ... I hope you are closing in on ''the'' one!
35.gif

** eta ** Of the other choices presented #5 is my fave, however, I have no doubt that YOUR killer dress of perfection is still out there waiting for you to find it .. The dress mentioned above may be it.
31.gif
When you do find it ... pics please
31.gif
Hi Sparkalicious!

Thanks so much for following along and chiming in...if nothing else, I hope it''s been somewhat entertaining! If and when I do find my killer dress, I will be sure to post it!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 1:49:03 AM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Harleigh...I am joining the bandwagon...number 5 for sure!!!

Not only did it look beautiful on you...the tailored picture in the magazine gave us all a glimpse of what it will look like. Wow, wow, wow!

Thanks so much for your input and for all of the suggestions you gave! Some of those are gorgeous dresses, but most are WAY outta my price range!

Considering I was truly planning on sticking with my ebay find, I didn''t really budget for a pricey wedding dress AT ALL!!!

So many other things have added up that I don''t really know how much I can "afford" to spend on a wedding dress right now, but I guess if I find one I absolutely fall in love with, I guess I will figure something out!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh -- I think you''re supposed to be going to your high-end salon tomorrow, right? Just wanted to wish you the best of luck ... I hope you find "the" one ... I can''t wait to see it!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 11:41:31 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Harleigh -- I think you're supposed to be going to your high-end salon tomorrow, right? Just wanted to wish you the best of luck ... I hope you find 'the' one ... I can't wait to see it!
36.gif
Gosh, Sparkalicious! I am amazed at your memory! You're right...I am going to go give the high-end salon a try tomorrow night and I will take all the luck you can send me! Thanks so much for thinking of me...I'll be sure to let you know how it goes!
35.gif

Just an aside, Rusty wanted to get together tomorrow night, so I finally broke down and told him that no one likes the $51 ebay dress and that I'm going to look again tomorrow night. He really is such a good man...he said to go do whatever it is I needed to do to find and LOVE my wedding dress! (He unfortunately didn't offer to help PAY for said dress, but he now knows I am heading out into dress-land to possibly make a much larger purchase than I originally anticipated and is a-okay with it!) He does know I'd rather spend my money on jewelry that would last forever or our honeymoon, so he knows I won't go too hog-wild! It's part of the reason he loves me, I suppose!
37.gif

I will report back tomorrow if it's not too late!
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
That is so cute ... I''m glad you''re happy and feel free to go and find your perfect dress. Who knows, you might even get carried away and find the $5,000 dress of your dreams and BUY it!
22.gif
Will he still love you then?
27.gif

You know we''ll be waiting for our update ... preferably with pics, of course

... Find that dress but have FUN!
28.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Well, hell...if I had an extra $5K lying around, I''d have put a down payment down a car that''s a bit newer and in better shape than my ''99 Mustang a long time ago!
9.gif
He''d still love me, of course, but I definitely think he''d question my sensibilities as my money management skills are part of WHY we actually do well together!

Sadly, though, he probably wouldn''t know the difference if I showed up in a $10 polyester dress as opposed to $5000 worth of silk...fashion sense is not on his list of "things to know" as he thinks Wranglers are appropriate for weddings, funerals, yardwork, dancing, etc... So sad!
7.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
Now THAT made me laugh. It''s so true, isn''t it? We get so wrapped up and they couldn''t even notice half the time. Sad, indeed.
39.gif

Whenever it comes my time to look for a dress, I will have to channel your financial sensibilities ... my bf will love you for it.
2.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harleigh!!!!Don''t forget to take a camera tomorrow!! I bet you''ll have to snap pics in the dressing room again dangit.

Goodluck!!!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Ummm..I haven''t gone through the whole thread, but am I the only one that finds it disturbing that the thread has like 2000 views? Is it because Bikinis is in the title? Wowow! Haha.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 1:17:23 PM
Author: SarahLovesJS
Ummm..I haven''t gone through the whole thread, but am I the only one that finds it disturbing that the thread has like 2000 views? Is it because Bikinis is in the title? Wowow! Haha.
Well that is one theory! LOL. More likely it is bc of people like me, who shamelessly lurk around looking at pretty dresses
12.gif

Good luck on your search Harleigh!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results