shape
carat
color
clarity

I''d Rather Try on Bikinis...Pictures Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I like #5 on you the best. I'd keep looking, though, because none of those dresses says "wedding in Maui" to me.

But RULE #1 of going dress shopping is NEVER bring more than one or two people with you!!! Too many opinions!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.edenbridals.com/images/2253_l.jpg

http://www.edenbridals.com/images/2254_l.jpg

Are just lovely. And about $500 apparently!

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I would have to agree that I like #5 best if I was forced to pic, but I agree with the others that said none were "wow". I know what you mean about the size thing too. I hate that I couldn'' t see how the back of any of mine would fit because they had to clip all that excess material.
Can I ask where you are getting married in Maui? Just curious, I am planning a Maui wedding for June 2009.
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Of these, definitely #3! #5 is pretty too, but I think #3 will look STUNNING when fitted.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d be happy to provide a second opinion (or two or three) if you''ll be looking in the Sacramento area this weekend...

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
i agree with others..i like #5 the most and #3 from the waist down only....

to be honest, since uve put the effort to look into other dresses, i think u shouldn''t settle for ''anything''..since u started the ''hunt'' u mite as well continue until u feel this is THE dress...u dont want to wear something and be uncomfortable on ur day coz u dont feel it flatters ur body the way u want or it fits rite..

Dutchgirlll

Rough_Rock
I''m sorry to say that I didn''t like these dresses that much either... If I''d to choose, I would say #3. And I totally loved the dress Neveah showed!
Ugh I know it''s hard to find a dress that makes your heart beat faster, it took me quite a while and almost ended up with a dress that i think i liked best, just because it fitted me most (as all the other dresses were way to small to try on). So keep looking and I know you''ll find the right one!
And it might be kinda strange to tell, but I went dress shopping on my own once, just wanted to look by myself, without everybody else blurting stuff about the dresses I would try on (and I think you''re so right on #4, it does look very trampy).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
No question #5!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m late in the game but I choose number 3!
I''m biased thought because that''s my dress! hehe

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Uh oh. A lot of people are saying that number 3 isn''t very island-y which is what I''ve been afraid of all along! Yikes. Maybe I should change my dress!!!!
32.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 6:33:09 PM
Author: Gypsy
Harleigh, if I lived closer to you, I''d TOTALLY go with you. But I got into another fender bender last week and am having panic attacks at the thought of driving most of the time... so my poor John is my beleaguered driver for the time being. Wanna come to Walnut Creek? I can get there.
Hi Gypsy,

I may just do that! My friends keep sending me dresses I have absolutely no interest in, and if they are remotely following what we all agreed looked the best on me, what they are sending me is NOT it! Again, I think they are picturing themselves in the dresses, not me. It might do me good to have an absolutely unbiased opinion. I''m booked the next few weekends, but if you''re free one day during the week, I may just take a day off and take you up on your Walnut Creek offer! Thanks for always being so sweet!

I''m so sorry to hear you had an accident...this weather makes me a nervous wreck as I''ve only been in car accidents in the rain, none of which were my fault, so it leaves me feeling helpless that I can''t do anything to prevent someone hitting me.

I hope you''re okay!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 7:16:40 PM
Author: gtn
Harleigh, I think 5 looks best on you, but I think you should keep looking. Have you tried on this from David''s Bridal?

If you are still trying to figure out what you are looking for in a dress, I would recommend going to a higher end boutique and having them help you figure it out. The have less dresses for you to look through and smaller sample sizes.

I''m sorry your dress shopping experience wasn''t a better one, but I promise you, your dress is out there.
Thanks, gtn...I haven''t had too much luck at David''s Bridal, but I''m totally willing to give them another go! I really do think the more simple dresses look better on me...I don''t know about the ruffle off the booty on the one you linked, but the rest of it is pretty. Thank you for your help!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 7:48:10 PM
Author: february2003bride
http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod63050231

Harleigh, have you seen this one?
Thanks Feb2003! That is a really pretty dress! I am definitely looking for something with more of a natural waist...I don''t like the a-line or empire waists at all! Maybe I''ll get a JCrew coupon in my email one of these days!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 8:05:13 PM
Author: Neveah
Harleigh...
I''m going to start a thread.... FIND A DRESS FOR HARLEIGH! Anyway I thouht of you when I saw this... would look amazing on that killer figure of yours. And I think it''s the perfect style for a destination wedding!
I''m still looking for that thread you''re starting for me, Neveah! LOL...j/k!

I think that dress is GORGEOUS! I even think I might even be able to pull that one off! Do you think it could be made with a sweetheart neckline???
9.gif

Here I said NO strapless, but they''re so pretty! I just don''t know if it would stay up, and I am still worried about covering the scar on the front of my shoulder...something to ponder!

Thanks for your help, hun!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 8:08:05 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
I know your pain, I am a size 0 which makes trying on size 12 dresses so distorted.
I think you can do better and, because I can''t help myself, here are some things you might want to try. You seem to like high and empire waisted gowns. I reccomend you reconsider that since they draw attention to the breasts and almost always make them look bigger which seems to be a concern of yours.
These are all resonably priced as far as wedding gowns go.
http://www.alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=b55ac898-18fa-467f-8f36-1a945e143d20&categoryID=32e5a88c-cbf1-498f-afcf-dbfca138c5d3&pg=10
http://www.moncheribridals.com/CollectionProductDetail.aspx?cname=Bridals&did=0&pid=1017&year=2007&season=Spring&best=True&
http://www.moncheribridals.com/CollectionProductDetail.aspx?cname=Bridals&did=0&pid=1023&year=2007&season=Spring&best=True&
http://www.moncheribridals.com/CollectionProductDetail.aspx?cname=Bridals&did=0&pid=502115&year=2008&season=Spring&
http://www.moncheribridals.com/CollectionProductDetail.aspx?cname=Destinations&did=0&pid=502256&year=2008&season=Spring&
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2955662/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6001837?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6001837&P=9
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2947317/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6001837?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6001837&P=24
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2915874/0~2376776~2374327~2374331~6001837?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6001837&P=29
Hi brazen!

Thanks for all of the ideas! I actually bid on a couple of the Sean collection one you posted on ebay and always got outbid, but it''s one I''ve been keeping my eye on!

I see you thought I was looking for high, empire-waisted dresses...no, no, no! I would actually prefer something with a very fitted natural waist, there just weren''t any at the bridal salon to try on. The only dress I chose myself was #5, which I tried on for the neckline and straps...the other ones the lady at the salon or my friend grabbed for me to try,, and you can see I wasn''t very thrilled with any of those!

I would love to find a dress that has some straps, not too wide if possible, with a very fitted natural waist. I figure if I''m going to go look at dresses, I may as well have a rockin'' body in whatever I end up with, but I don''t think a-line or empire is very flattering on me at all.

Thank you for taking the time to look for all of those...you are always such a great resource on here!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 10:09:14 PM
Author: tberube
I like #5 on you the best. I''d keep looking, though, because none of those dresses says ''wedding in Maui'' to me.

But RULE #1 of going dress shopping is NEVER bring more than one or two people with you!!! Too many opinions!
Thanks, tbe...I don''t know if anything but the chiffon ones says "Maui wedding" to me, either, but those just do not look very good on me! I wish I could find more in a style I liked to try on!

As for friends, my best friend helped pick out dresses for me to try on, then another BM showed up halfway through. They seemed in agreement about everything with each other, so does that mean their opinions cancel each other out???

The lady working at the salon was very opinionated and not very helpful, either. I felt like she was pointing out that she liked the most expensive dresses the most...ugh!

Thanks for your input!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 10:35:00 PM
Author: Gypsy
http://www.edenbridals.com/images/2253_l.jpg

http://www.edenbridals.com/images/2254_l.jpg

Are just lovely. And about $500 apparently!
Thanks again, Gypsy!

The first one I like, I''m just not sure about the strapless aspect of any dresses!

The second one isn''t doing much for me...I think I''d have to be REALLY tall to pull that one off!

Keep ''em comin''!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 11:24:40 PM
Author: Missrocks
I would have to agree that I like #5 best if I was forced to pic, but I agree with the others that said none were ''wow''. I know what you mean about the size thing too. I hate that I couldn'' t see how the back of any of mine would fit because they had to clip all that excess material.
Can I ask where you are getting married in Maui? Just curious, I am planning a Maui wedding for June 2009.
1.gif
Hi Missrocks!
35.gif

I''m glad others can feel my pain! I think maybe some others are right in that maybe a higher end salon may have some better sizes to try...we''ll see, though!

As for Maui, we are getting married at the Ka''anapali Beach Club in July. I believe it is in Lahaina, but I''ve never been there, so who knows??? We are getting married in a gorgeous garden area overlooking the beach. There is also a koi pond, waterfalls and a huge spiraling staircase to take pictures on, so with a trip down to the beach, we''ll look like we got married in a whole bunch of different places!

Where are you thinking about? I''d be more than happy to share any information I can with you. Our wedding planner is from S. Carolina and has been really great. Please let me know if I can help you in any way!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 11:37:49 PM
Author: EBree
Of these, definitely #3! #5 is pretty too, but I think #3 will look STUNNING when fitted.
Thanks for the vote, EBree!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 12:16:34 AM
Author: MINIMS
I''d be happy to provide a second opinion (or two or three) if you''ll be looking in the Sacramento area this weekend...
Hi MINIMS!!!
35.gif
You are too funny!

Are you nearby??? I would love some help when I go again! Too bad we can''t get Gypsy up here to help us!

We are helping my parents move this Saturday and then going to lunch for my dad''s birthday, then having a huge SuperBowl Party on Sunday, so this weekend is out. I actually don''t get to see my FI very much, so I try to leave the weekends he''s not working free for him...I think I am free the 3rd or 4th weekend of February, tho. Maybe Linda W. will want to go with us! Let me know when you''re up this way...I may try to go during the week after work one day soon, too. House of Fashion is the highest end store I know of around here, so was going to try to get an appt. there.

Any thoughts?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 2:12:02 AM
Author: msb700
i agree with others..i like #5 the most and #3 from the waist down only....

to be honest, since uve put the effort to look into other dresses, i think u shouldn''t settle for ''anything''..since u started the ''hunt'' u mite as well continue until u feel this is THE dress...u dont want to wear something and be uncomfortable on ur day coz u dont feel it flatters ur body the way u want or it fits rite..
Thank you, msb...I really wish there was some magical formula to figure this out, but alas, there isn''t!

I will go out searching again one day soon!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 3:09:10 PM
Author: Dutchgirlll
I''m sorry to say that I didn''t like these dresses that much either... If I''d to choose, I would say #3. And I totally loved the dress Neveah showed!
Ugh I know it''s hard to find a dress that makes your heart beat faster, it took me quite a while and almost ended up with a dress that i think i liked best, just because it fitted me most (as all the other dresses were way to small to try on). So keep looking and I know you''ll find the right one!
And it might be kinda strange to tell, but I went dress shopping on my own once, just wanted to look by myself, without everybody else blurting stuff about the dresses I would try on (and I think you''re so right on #4, it does look very trampy).
LOL Dutchgirlll! I really like the dress Neveah posted, too...I just wish I could find it with straps!

This has got to be one of the worst experiences, ever! I swear just thinking about it makes me nauseous! I don''t know how I''ll ever stop second-guessing myself even if I do find "the one."

I think I may lose my mind!

(And, btw, my two friends STILL don''t see what I think is trampy about the back of dress #4!)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harley: Are you online now?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2008 7:44:36 PM
Author: luckystar112
I''m late in the game but I choose number 3!
I''m biased thought because that''s my dress! hehe
Thanks for chiming in, Tacori!

luckystar...I''ll have to go see if I can find your dress thread again...it is a lovely dress and very well made.

I don''t know how much ANY of these say Maui to me, but I am getting married in a garden, not on the beach, so I don''t know if that matters. I think #3 was by far my favorite strapless dress because it had a sweetheart neckline that came up a bit further on the sides, but I don''t know if that was due to the ginormous size of it or if that''s how it would really look. I am trying to cover up a surgery scar on the front of my shoulder, and this was better than any other strapless ones I have tried, so it could still be in the running, I just don''t know.

Thanks for your opinions!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 12:03:49 AM
Author: MINIMS
Harley: Are you online now?
Yup...still here losing my mind!
9.gif

What''s up?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
how a shopping trip after the super bowl?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 12:13:01 AM
Author: luckystar112
Harleigh..I never posted pictures of me in the dress, but sweetpea wore the same one. Here is her thread so you can get an idea of what it would look like once it really fits!
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sweetpeas-pro-pics-finally.75210/

I hope you''re able to find ''the one'' real soon!
Oh, gosh! No wonder it looked so familiar! It looks WAY better on sweetpea than it did on me, that''s for darn sure! Thanks for posting the link to her pictures...that helps a lot!

Where is your wedding? I think this dress would be lovely ANYWHERE...I''m just not sure about it on ME...know what I mean?

I hope I find "the one" soon, too!
23.gif

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/1/2008 12:03:05 AM
Author: Harleigh
Date: 1/31/2008 3:09:10 PM

Author: Dutchgirlll

LOL Dutchgirlll! I really like the dress Neveah posted, too...I just wish I could find it with straps!

This has got to be one of the worst experiences, ever! I swear just thinking about it makes me nauseous! I don''t know how I''ll ever stop second-guessing myself even if I do find ''the one.''

I think I may lose my mind!

(And, btw, my two friends STILL don''t see what I think is trampy about the back of dress #4!)

keep your head up. And keep your friends away from this process.

What do you think about this dress, I found it
here

I checked and this designer is available in the sacramento area.

I don''t know how much it cost but it is available in in the same stores that offer maggie sottero.

davinci_4.php.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results