shape
carat
color
clarity

I''d Rather Try on Bikinis...Pictures Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Well, two of my BM's and I went dress shopping today...and I'd have rather tried on bathing suits and strutted around in front of everyone in those rather than wedding dresses if that tells you how much I enjoyed myself!
39.gif

I personally felt like it was a big disaster, but my girls liked two dresses more than the others, which also happened to be the two I liked more than the rest, too. I know this always goes both ways, but it is really hard to get a feel for a dress you need in a size 0 or 2 when you're clipped into a size 12 or 14. (Btw, I apologize in advance...my bff was taking the pictures on the sly in the dressing room without the flash as they had a "No photos" policy, so she didn't get very good pictures and left my head off in every single one...those rooms are REALLY small!)
6.gif

The two I like were of course a lot more than my cheap self would ever want to spend, so maybe you gals can help me find something in similar styles in a less-expensive designer? I think I would be willing to go up to about $300-400 range if I found one I loved, but that's about it, I'm afraid.
31.gif

I would love to get all of your feedback if you have the time, so...please let me know which one/s you like best, and please keep in mind NONE of them even remotely fit!
38.gif

Here goes nothin', in no particular order...

(1) with back view

CIMG0317A.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
(1) Front

CIMG0318B.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
(2) Front

CIMG0319C.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
(3) Front

CIMG0320D.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
(3) Back

CIMG0321E.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
(4) Front

CIMG0322F.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
(4) Back

CIMG0323G.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
(5) Front

CIMG0326J.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
(5) Back

CIMG0325I.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for letting me share...that's all I can post without going to the extreme end of obscene here on PS!

On another note, any dress I choose will be in ivory and it also for a Destination Wedding in Maui.

I was also trying to stay away from strapless or halter, but decided to try some on, but not sure I'm wild about those!

Also, please excuse the nasty, scraggly hair...it rained here all day and I got stuck out at yard duty without an umbrella this morning...I looked like a drowned rat all day!

Please let me know your thoughts and any suggestions you may have...TIA!!!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I love love love #5! You have such a great figure and it really shows when its not obstructed by beads and lace.

ETA: Who makes that dress? I'd like to try that on.
31.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 1:30:59 AM
Author: goldenstar
I love love love #5! You have such a great figure and it really shows when its not obstructed by beads and lace.

ETA: Who makes that dress? I''d like to try that on.
31.gif
Hi goldenstar! Thanks so much for the kind words! I''ll wait for some others to chime in before I let everyone know which ones were my two favorites, but I looked it up and finally found it...

It''s by Allure Bridal and is #8432...I''ll try to attach the picture from the website I found:

Allure8432.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Here is the designer''s picture of the back of #5...

Allure 8432 back.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Ya know, if I saw the magazine pic first I wouldn''t have taken a second look. But seeing it on you makes me go "wow, what a great dress".

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 2:01:54 AM
Author: goldenstar
Ya know, if I saw the magazine pic first I wouldn''t have taken a second look. But seeing it on you makes me go ''wow, what a great dress''.
I agree...I wouldn''t have given it another thought, actually! I keep thinking to myself, "Are you SURE that''s the same dress???"

Thanks again! I think the color I had on was the ''cafe'' color...it was darker than any others I tried on, but it wasn''t listed anywhere that I could find.

Thanks again!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 2:04:02 AM
Author: Future Mrs Polka Dot
I like #5 the best!!
Thanks for chiming in, FMrs.PD!

Two votes for #5 so far...

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely 5 but I love the front of 4 but am not such a fan of the back of 4 though.
Both show of your stunning figure though.
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. Well, I like the top of number one, but the skirt thing is a NO.

Number two is just... wrong.

Number three would be LOVELY without all that Hello Dolly beading and patterning going on over your chest and maybe a softer curve to the neckline. But I think that it draws attention to your bust, which while *I* am okay with, I know you aren''t so I''m not sure you''d be comfortable in it.

Number four is a complete surprise because if I saw it on a hanger I''d move on. But that neckline and well, the whole style is AMAZING on you! your tiny waist looks tiny. The neckline is TDF on you! WOW. It does amazing things to your shoulders too!

Number five is lovely, and I can see why the other''s picked it, but it''s so hard to tell because it''s SO big for you. But it''s definitely one of my favorites. I like four more.... but the caveat is because I can see how it fits you better, so that''s what''s pushing it ahead in the race.

I love the way 4 and 5 show off that stunning back of yours.

And honey, we need to PRY your fists away from the $$, cause a body like that deserves a killer gown.

Just think, in 30 years you daughter is looking back at your wedding pics. What do you want her to see you in? Any gown? Or the right gown? What would you advise her to look for?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like 1, because its something I'd choose for myself, and I think it looks really pretty on you. Plus, I think it fits you the best (dang samples being so big!).

I don't like 2, because it looks enormous and it's really hard to tell what it would look like in the right size. From the pic it doesn't seem to give you much of an hourglass shape, but it's so hard to tell because the dress is so flipping big! I also don't like the beads along the outline of the neckline of the dress it makes it look...clumpy. (I'm going to guess that this dress is not one of the two faves.)

I like 3, because of the sweetheart neckline, but there are A LOT of beads on the top and I don't think that suits you. I also like that it looks flowy and romantic and very bridal.

I don't like 4, because of the bow under the ladies, and the dangly things on the back. Seems to me like there is too much going on in the back with the halter, the lace up AND the bead things, but I have the tendency to be a bit of a minimalist, so take that with a grain of salt. Also, I think it'd be hard to find undergarments for it because the bottom of the corset back goes so low. Now that I look at it again, the front kind of reminds me of a prom dress I had, not sure if that's good or bad. However, it does give you a hourglass shape, which is never a bad thing!

I like 5, because it downplays your chest and because I think in the right size it would fit amazingly. I can tell that the straps are too long, and obviously its too big around your torso, but seeing the model made me realize what it could look like on you if it were the right size.

After going through again I'm going to vote for 5 as well, and I'll guess that it's one of your favorites. And I want to go on the record to say that salons that have a no pics rule are stupid. It's not like you can't take pics in the dressing room (obviously) and can't look up the style on the internet!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Holy COW, Harleigh, you have an absolutely GORGEOUS figure!!!! Even though some of the styles you tried on are more my taste than others, you make them all look amazing!!! I honestly can''t pick a favourite!
36.gif

Oh, and I love the title, although I''m not sure (now that I know what you look like) WHY you named this thread that, since you are a complete knockout!
3.gif
2.gif

Date: 1/30/2008 1:15:06 AM
Author:Harleigh
I know this always goes both ways, but it is really hard to get a feel for a dress you need in a size 0 or 2 when you''re clipped into a size 12 or 14.
I''m sure it is hard to get a good feel for them, but hey, at least you can fit into a 12 or 14! Don''t know what trying on dresses is going to be like for me, since I can''t, but I know I''m not really looking forward to it.

peridot83

Shiny_Rock
Coming from someone who likes simple desigins, I love number 5. I feel the rest have too much crystals and lace going on, but 5 looks really classic.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I love the neckline of #4 on you, and the back is really interesting, but I''m not loving the bow under the chest. I also love #5!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d vote number 3 and number 5. I love the sweetheart neckline in number 3 and I adore the back of number 5.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
#5 is gorgeous! It really flatters your body, and I think it looks the most elegant of all, bc it''s simple enough to not distract for you.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
I think #4 is the most flattering on you.

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 8:13:24 AM
Author: bee*
I''d vote number 3 and number 5. I love the sweetheart neckline in number 3 and I adore the back of number 5.
bee* took the words right out of my mouth! Agree totally.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
#5 is definitely my fave on your fantastic figure!

#4 is a great shape, but there is way too much going on and I don't like the dangly things on the back at all.

#2 and #3 give the appearance of your being much broader on top, but it could the angle of the photo of the size of the dress.

Not a fan of the bow under the chest on #1.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I would never pick it, but on you number four is really cool. I think it would show off you figure the best and it does not bring as much attention to the girls. I also think it is the most unique and would make you stand out. Number 5 is my second choice though

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am biased, I love halter styles and #5 is a knockout on you. Back is devine........
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results