shape
carat
color
clarity

Icy’s CS adventures

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok apart from that the rest of my trip was a bit of a rush looking for people who can set rings or sell settings... and just generally thinking that I’m forgetting something. Was feeling quite tired cos I had to unexpectedly work for 1/2 day in the morning.

Anyways going to pack for my trip now. Off to US tmr and one more week to getting my new diamond ring. So excited when I think of that.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh will your new diamond be set?

Did you find any setters you were happy with?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Due to lack of time/budget, I’m using a Stuller setting with H&A melees from HPD. I’ll post after I get it...:P2

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Quite a few but I haven’t tried so let’s see. Thought is useful to stock up contacts in case I accidentally go on a CS spree :roll2:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh wow, they are really pretty too. Unluckily they're still probably out of budget for me at the moment. But I am now very tempted to go check the fair out.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Due to lack of time/budget, I’m using a Stuller setting with H&A melees from HPD. I’ll post after I get it...:P2

Ahhhhh so exciting!!!! Sounds like you did very well!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: Those purplish pearls! Swoon

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
6C60F323-EC0E-4463-B4E5-A8FA9B5A6B5C.jpeg
Oh wow, they are really pretty too. Unluckily they're still probably out of budget for me at the moment. But I am now very tempted to go check the fair out.

The pendant is even nicer, with a price tag to match. But really nice.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@mellowyellowgirl
Some stuff from Marutaki

Normal commercial quality green jade rings but I’m not sure if they are certified. Settings all a bit auntie... but probably cheap. I’m thinking less than 1k sgd.
040FED76-3509-4B0C-9E45-807725DC6568.jpeg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Doesn't have to be Imperial! But I'd be grateful for anything you can check out just to get a feel for prices.

Yeah I should have visited the jade store to do research like you told me to. I didn't even look at Wriston's jade stuff :eek2:

Mellowyellowgirl,
I saw that green jade with diamond halo from L'ejade which Icyjade photographed. I was considering that and another ring. The colour is not bad but if I recall correctly, a touch uneven in colouring . This is the ring which I finally chose. The stone is beautiful but the stone is really small, about 7.5x6mm 20180727_221001.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mellowyellowgirl,
I saw that green jade with diamond halo from L'ejade which Icyjade photographed. I was considering that and another ring. The colour is not bad but if I recall correctly, a touch uneven in colouring . This is the ring which I finally chose. The stone is beautiful but the stone is really small, about 7.5x6mm 20180727_221001.jpg

Oooh that stone is beautiful!!!! Did you buy it? Congrats!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl
Some stuff from Marutaki

Normal commercial quality green jade rings but I’m not sure if they are certified. Settings all a bit auntie... but probably cheap. I’m thinking less than 1k sgd.
040FED76-3509-4B0C-9E45-807725DC6568.jpeg

Ahh you are a champ! This was the kind of thing I wanted to see to get a feel for what prices were! THANK YOU!!!!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Mellowyellowgirl,

Whee! My hand model is here... :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ahh you are a champ! This was the kind of thing I wanted to see to get a feel for what prices were! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Welcome. Marutaki only does the July show I think. Next year you come k? Dh and kid can go Art Science museum while u shop lol.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome. Marutaki only does the July show I think. Next year you come k? Dh and kid can go Art Science museum while u shop lol.

I will try! I am thinking of convincing them to let me book a plane ticket to fly out myself for a few days if they want to go somewhere else for the family holiday!

They like to fly everywhere together so that we're all in it together!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh that stone is beautiful!!!! Did you buy it? Congrats!
Yes. I bought it and I am very happy with it. :)

IcyJade, LOL. Only cos I manage to fit those rings. For the Asian jewellers, size 6 seems to their favourite sizing, which is great for me.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I bought it and I am very happy with it. :)

IcyJade, LOL. Only cos I manage to fit those rings. For the Asian jewellers, size 6 seems to their favourite sizing, which is great for me.

It looks fantastic and very "non aunty"

I am a size 6 to 6.25 too!!!! On ring finger though not middle finger! Jewellers love their size 6s!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm interested to check out Marutaki too!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I will try! I am thinking of convincing them to let me book a plane ticket to fly out myself for a few days if they want to go somewhere else for the family holiday!

They like to fly everywhere together so that we're all in it together!

HK (Hong Kong) nov show will be great. Worth the travel

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HK (Hong Kong) nov show will be great. Worth the travel
Don't tempt me!!! I have direct flights from ygn to hk. I also have relatives in hk that will mollycoddle me :)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No paraiba cabs today. He had larger paraibas but pretty included.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm gonna build my cupboards and live through you ladies!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the HK Fair at the same time every year?

Could tempt the kid with Disneyland and go to HK next year......hmm.......

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Don't tempt me!!! I have direct flights from ygn to hk. I also have relatives in hk that will mollycoddle me :)

Go lah. Nov is the smallest show in HK but still like 10 times bigger than Singapore at least. And you can buy everything. And set your stuff with the HK jewelers. And good food. And nice weather at that time.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
Mellowyellow girl,
Yes, it passed the non-auntie test. I tried to look for pre-loved star sapphire at Icy's recommended shops but unfortunately, settings were the obstacle. I think that Icy did a great job finding her ring.
This was a star sapphire which I like but the setting did not work for me. 20180727_230929.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Is the HK Fair at the same time every year?

Could tempt the kid with Disneyland and go to HK next year......hmm.......

There are 4 but the other three are more for trade. And so big it gets fairly daunting to be honest.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results