shape
carat
color
clarity

Icy’s CS adventures

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
With the fair lighting it sucks cos half the pics have really awful reflections and I need to ask permission to take pics which I don’t really like to do unless I know the vendor well. I’m sure you ladies would love more pics right? Maybe one of these fairs when I’m not so stressed at work I’ll try to get a media pass instead… maybe do IG live (oh wait u guys in US will be asleep). I always quite love looking at the trays of cs and jewelry.

Just realised I forgot to take pics of Santa Maria aquamarines at Desiree - dark ones not those fake light blues that AIGS or Guild certifies as Santa Maria. It is a joke in the trade how liberal some labs are. How can everything be cornflower, Royal blue, pigeon blood, Santa Maria, etc right? Not to mention they really are not if you see the stones. Even if they are truly (insert trade term), no one really trust their color grading any more. Ok sorry end of rant.

That ombre strand… And wait what’s the deal with those baby WSS!?? I’ve never heard of this. Googling!!!
Oh wow that ombre strand is just amazing :kiss2:

Oh the ombré strand is so pretty… I mean even with my existing pearls I was still tempted so u can imagine. It looks amazing worn single or doubled.

Yeah I was surprised they are baby WSSP too. I thought akoyas. But Cindy (now at Simone and who used to work at Golay) told me that they are baby WSSP. The collection is so pretty… sigh.

Absolutely beautiful, exquisitely crafted jewels. I'd be very happy to take any of them home, but above all, @icy_jade, your knock down dead gorgeous RED spinel/ruby ring (sorry, can't remember which)!

Awwww thank you! I wore my mahenge spinel so I won’t be so easily tempted by hot pink stones… basically just put the stone/ring next to the mahenge and if it doesn’t stand up to the mahenge then I am saved lol.

Thanks for the pics Icy!!!! I am loving the red/pink stones on that tray and the bow earrings!

Did you get anything?

@mellowyellowgirl you should come over when there is a show! Yes I did. Pics later after I play with them…

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Those Les Petales high jewellery pieces just boggle the mind :love: I had to pull out my computer for a better look. Would they allow you to try any of them on? Or is it strictly eye candy only :bigsmile:

You have the bestest bling and the bestest blingventures!!

Okay so when I saw the Desiree lineup I 100% thought that was a pic of YOUR rings, all in colour order. I think you have enough to match the vendor’s one for one!! In every single one of those colours!! :bigsmile:

So what came home with you… :halo:

Oh sorry didn’t think to take clearer pics as I thought you would have seen them in Mikimoto. I didn’t go in or ask any questions, just took some hurried snaps as I was so hungry and looking for food. I did particularly think of you when I saw the Les Petales collection.

Wahahha no I don’t have that many rings! Plus mine have way bigger halos hahhahahahahha

More pics later!

@icy_jade. Oh my. Simone Jewels is singing to me. So beautiful…

This is the site:

The pics on the site (low res and blurry) don’t do justice to how they look irl (they really should post nicer pics). You would love them. Each is one of a kind so kinda pricey but I suppose you pay for the design and exclusivity.

Cindy invited me over to the Maison so if I do go then more pics. Lemme know if there is anything you really want a closer look at.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade where did you get that bangle??? That's my dreamm jade bangle !

@Resonance.Of.Life replying u here so I don’t derail the other thread. It’s my dream purple bangle too. Been looking for an intensely colored one for ages (and without being too expensive to wear) and finally…

6AECC335-E38F-4B62-B66D-6E4F1ACC372C.jpeg

It’s not full Color. White patches which I don’t mind (I don’t like those lavenders with brown patches/spots). Plus anyway I usually turn the purple side to face me haha.

The lower right photo is one of the pics from the seller. She is from China and I found her on IG… so it’s a risk… I was on tenterhooks until my local lab confirmed it is type A jadeite. But her pics were fairly accurate and it’s actually the second bangle that I got from her.

The Guatemalan one in this post was also from her. Quality very good (better than the one I got from Lihong locally in Singapore and cheaper):
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/icy’s-cs-adventures.242237/page-24#post-5119066

But yeah, is a risk… if u r still interested, PM me on the bags forum (I have the same nick there) and I’ll share the IG link. I’ll post this bangle on the jade thread in that forum so that you can find me easily.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok! So I have this little collection of drops for earrings that can be switched in/out right… and I bought a pair of earrings and a pendant that I can play around with…

Like so…
4F46FDA0-44A6-4870-B62F-59B8F47F5CD3.jpeg

And…
CADA6CFC-A524-45B0-A2A6-E90A9F5D8CDD.jpeg

The pendant also goes with these earrings:
3E4A81AA-A709-475B-BA29-4488DBD207D6.jpeg

How it works… they have something that’s call 老鼠尾 (rat’s tail) in Asia…
F0BBEF77-DFAA-497E-9C8E-261393FB7CF4.jpeg

My convertible collection…
BA8FFDF9-85B6-4C09-9217-375EACB34638.jpeg

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Ok! So I have this little collection of drops for earrings that can be switched in/out right… and I bought a pair of earrings and a pendant that I can play around with…

Like so…

And…

I love this!
@LilAlex more ideas for how to switch the dangles on those future earnings for your DW

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
@Resonance.Of.Life replying u here so I don’t derail the other thread. It’s my dream purple bangle too. Been looking for an intensely colored one for ages (and without being too expensive to wear) and finally…

6AECC335-E38F-4B62-B66D-6E4F1ACC372C.jpeg

It’s not full Color. White patches which I don’t mind (I don’t like those lavenders with brown patches/spots). Plus anyway I usually turn the purple side to face me haha.

The lower right photo is one of the pics from the seller. She is from China and I found her on IG… so it’s a risk… I was on tenterhooks until my local lab confirmed it is type A jadeite. But her pics were fairly accurate and it’s actually the second bangle that I got from her.

The Guatemalan one in this post was also from her. Quality very good (better than the one I got from Lihong locally in Singapore and cheaper):
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/icy’s-cs-adventures.242237/page-24#post-5119066

But yeah, is a risk… if u r still interested, PM me on the bags forum (I have the same nick there) and I’ll share the IG link. I’ll post this bangle on the jade thread in that forum so that you can find me easily.

Oh no I am on the bag forum but I never post so I don;t think I have the capability to PM with no post count.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sorry didn’t think to take clearer pics as I thought you would have seen them in Mikimoto. I didn’t go in or ask any questions, just took some hurried snaps as I was so hungry and looking for food. I did particularly think of you when I saw the Les Petales collection.
The NY boutique has a few pieces but not the whole collection! I guess they spread them around the world… Or maybe somewhere like the Middle East has everything? :bigsmile:

Plus mine have way bigger halos hahhahahahahha
OMG that’s the truth o_O:lol-2::kiss2:

The pics on the site (low res and blurry) don’t do justice to how they look irl (they really should post nicer pics). You would love them. Each is one of a kind so kinda pricey but I suppose you pay for the design and exclusivity.

Cindy invited me over to the Maison so if I do go then more pics. Lemme know if there is anything you really want a closer look at.
I do (love them) :love: I’m consistent at least :bigsmile:

Yeah, the website photos really aren’t great!! You can’t see any details. Cindy, did you work with her at Golay?

If you go to the maison I would love more photos! Her 1001 Tales, and the Hanging Gardens collections especially, I love those. So inventive and unique - but she maintains *her* style through all her lines :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CE4AA052-5256-4C86-9577-8C4D0BE836F9.jpeg

I want them all.
Definitely the pearls. I can’t get enough photos of those golay Tahitians. Insane colour. I’ve got a stalker folder on my desktop devoted to those drops…
What are the reds in floral halos - second row rightmost? I’ll take those too. :bigsmile:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The NY boutique has a few pieces but not the whole collection! I guess they spread them around the world… Or maybe somewhere like the Middle East has everything? :bigsmile:

I think the Singapore outlet looks quite small but then again Singapore is now fully open for tourists so maybe it makes sense for them to divert a bit more stock over…

OMG that’s the truth o_O:lol-2::kiss2:

I do (love them) :love: I’m consistent at least :bigsmile:

Yeah, the website photos really aren’t great!! You can’t see any details. Cindy, did you work with her at Golay?

If you go to the maison I would love more photos! Her 1001 Tales, and the Hanging Gardens collections especially, I love those. So inventive and unique - but she maintains *her* style through all her lines :love:

Yes Cindy used to be at Golay but Golay closed during the pandemic and she now works at Simone.

CE4AA052-5256-4C86-9577-8C4D0BE836F9.jpeg

I want them all.
Definitely the pearls. I can’t get enough photos of those golay Tahitians. Insane colour. I’ve got a stalker folder on my desktop devoted to those drops…
What are the reds in floral halos - second row rightmost? I’ll take those too. :bigsmile:

They actually look quite decent in pics considering how lazy I was while taking pics…
40812842-78EF-4212-A0D4-199495884FB7.jpeg

You know I actually saw a super colourful pair of Tahitians on a pendant at the fair and my first thought was why didn’t they put them on earrings? (Sorry no pics, not a vendor I’m familiar with and I hate to ask for permission etc)

The floral halos are rubies.

The green tourmalines are nice too. The pics aren’t doing justice to them irl since I can never get them to face right. Pretty flashes when the light hits them sometimes.

5164190A-FD3F-4C82-9DDB-672DAD89655D.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wait Golay is closed for good?

You have so many beautiful coloured stones. I really don’t know how you decide what to display on your desk every morning :love:

(But I confess I still like the pearls best - I’m just an incurable pearls girl I guess :lol:)

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Mellowy and Emmy!

Ah… hmm… I’m on IG too. Look for the bling vault /icyjade. The account with no posts lol.

Just sent you a friend request on IG :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wait Golay is closed for good?

You have so many beautiful coloured stones. I really don’t know how you decide what to display on your desk every morning :love:

(But I confess I still like the pearls best - I’m just an incurable pearls girl I guess :lol:)

Lol, same like how u have so many beautiful vca pieces and diamondss and how you decide what to wear dear. I’m still unable to understand though why I don’t hesitate to spend a few k on a jadeite bangle but wince at buying some designer item. Oh well. I think the story will change once the WG Guilloche line is released later this year.

Yes Mr Panos decided to go back to Switzerland. So no more Golay.

Just sent you a friend request on IG :)

Ok! Msg me n lemme know you are resonance of life and we are good to go.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
These have emerald eyes so I guess they are counted as CS.

Asprey’s Protector collection. Yessssss snakessssss

Pls excuse the stray hairs… I really love how the tails peek out below the lobes.
E32035DF-6C50-47CE-B42E-C975A5FE191D.jpeg

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock

Like so…

And…

I love your collection and I love the fact that it’s so versatile :kiss2:

Soseattle

Shiny_Rock
The snakes are so adorable. :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so it was buying frenzy yesterday when my regular jeweller came back from his holiday in BKK and got a shipment of loose stones.

Knowing that he would get stuff today, I started messaging him in the morning asking when the shipment is expected so that I can fly over and then he unexpectedly messaged just after noontime that the package was in. And then omg stress as had to rush for a super quick lunch and then grab a taxi ride over to his store asap.

Oh ya and also these spinels I reserved within minutes of him posting on IG that his other customers were also messaging him about…

Imagine when I was in the taxi his customers were also messaging him to chope ( local slang for “reserve”) the stones and me also messaging him that I am otw and nooooo hold for me! In the end I bought the red one.

And then erm was too busy n excited to take pics but here was one while I was mulling over the very few stones that he got (I really was expecting more stones and he only bought a handful) and settings for some existing stones…

BB71C285-B08F-49DD-BBDF-29222E1AF3D0.jpeg

So stressful cos while his customers were “scolding” him for not selling to them I was telling him to tell them that another customer (me) is the shop and specially went down and no they are mine! (Feels like inserting evil laughter here is appropriate) Muahahahhaha…

Mulling et toi moi while considering the tourmaline (his store lighting sucks…)
6949AE0C-9AE6-416C-A782-92AE8B1C32D5.jpeg

Some other stuff I tried/considered…

Jadeite fishies bracelet
984AAFB5-BE31-47F0-9B0E-35574397B77A.jpeg

No heat Burmese 2 plus ct that faces up like 3ct. He also has a smaller unheat royal blue Burmese with nicer color but only 1 plus ct so I never take pic…
0532A155-4C78-45CD-A4D7-9794589A0309.jpeg

Some of his giant rings…moonstone and 20ct spinel
273DB665-BF16-4A91-9068-8DB0ECBA34FC.jpeg
DC9C51C4-2C7F-4287-8C68-816D110880EE.jpeg

And finally… presenting my candylious loot…

4.85 ct spess, 1.44ct Burmese red spinel, pair of rubellite pears (bought earlier but just collected, amethyst heart, 7.76ct green tourmaline and 10.47ct pink rubellite.

Also discussed with him re setting some existing stones so yes, it was an expensive but fruitful trip…

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so it was buying frenzy yesterday when my regular jeweller came back from his holiday in BKK and got a shipment of loose stones.

Knowing that he would get stuff today, I started messaging him in the morning asking when the shipment is expected so that I can fly over and then he unexpectedly messaged just after noontime that the package was in. And then omg stress as had to rush for a super quick lunch and then grab a taxi ride over to his store asap.

Oh ya and also these spinels I reserved within minutes of him posting on IG that his other customers were also messaging him about…

Imagine when I was in the taxi his customers were also messaging him to chope ( local slang for “reserve”) the stones and me also messaging him that I am otw and nooooo hold for me! In the end I bought the red one.

And then erm was too busy n excited to take pics but here was one while I was mulling over the very few stones that he got (I really was expecting more stones and he only bought a handful) and settings for some existing stones…

BB71C285-B08F-49DD-BBDF-29222E1AF3D0.jpeg

So stressful cos while his customers were “scolding” him for not selling to them I was telling him to tell them that another customer (me) is the shop and specially went down and no they are mine! (Feels like inserting evil laughter here is appropriate) Muahahahhaha…

Mulling et toi moi while considering the tourmaline (his store lighting sucks…)
6949AE0C-9AE6-416C-A782-92AE8B1C32D5.jpeg

Some other stuff I tried/considered…

Jadeite fishies bracelet
984AAFB5-BE31-47F0-9B0E-35574397B77A.jpeg

No heat Burmese 2 plus ct that faces up like 3ct. He also has a smaller unheat royal blue Burmese with nicer color but only 1 plus ct so I never take pic…
0532A155-4C78-45CD-A4D7-9794589A0309.jpeg

Some of his giant rings…moonstone and 20ct spinel
273DB665-BF16-4A91-9068-8DB0ECBA34FC.jpeg
DC9C51C4-2C7F-4287-8C68-816D110880EE.jpeg

And finally… presenting my candylious loot…
AE825BB2-5798-4BAC-815E-4A71F70097C3.jpeg

4.85 ct spess, 1.44ct Burmese red spinel, pair of rubellite pears (bought earlier but just collected, amethyst heart, 7.76ct green tourmaline and 10.47ct pink rubellite.

Also discussed with him re setting some existing stones so yes, it was an expensive but fruitful trip…

@icy_jade in the House!! Literally, ha ha. Gorgeous haul - absolutely love you dropped what you were doing and got over there. You are repping PS well and showing those mere amateurs how its done!!

Edited for typos

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg!!!! Haha I literally squealed when I read that start of your post!!!!!!!

Gorgeous stash!!!!!!

That is an epically giant rubellite!!!!

Omg get the big pink spinel!!!! You won't find it again! Geeeeeeet it!!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade in the House!! Literally, ha ha. Gorgeous haul - absolutely love you dropped what you were doing and got over there. You are repping PS well and showing those mere amateurs how its done!!

Edited for typos

Oh my GOD those COLOURS are like splotches of paint on the photos, *so vivid* :shock:o_O:cool2::kiss2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

No, his clients are not amateurs but I already missed out on so many of his past goodies and I was on leave and on the way there so cannot sell to others… FOMO is real man. I knew my PS bling buddies will understand.

Omg!!!! Haha I literally squealed when I read that start of your post!!!!!!!

Gorgeous stash!!!!!!

That is an epically giant rubellite!!!!

Omg get the big pink spinel!!!! You won't find it again! Geeeeeeet it!!!!!!

It is very epicly PINK that’s why I bought even though I already have others. Can you imagine it looks better in person than in pics.

I think the giant spinel is super expensive so not for me… the halo alone has like dunno how many carats of diamonds…

Oh my GOD those COLOURS are like splotches of paint on the photos, *so vivid* :shock:o_O:cool2::kiss2:

LOL! Come and join us CS lovers Yssie! They are even better in person than in pics.

WHY are you doing this to me, I know that I shouldn't have visited your thread...!

1660024766482.png

Haha you know I was totally thinking of your et toi moi when I was playing around with my stones in the store.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I would take the pink sucker out of that halo and have my way with it, haha! Luckily, am not a pink person.

Btw, glad that you are feeling better.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade looooove that rubellite!!!

Aren't they such a bargain for the colour and the staying power of the colour in all lighting!!!???

Lol I have this image of a bunch of ladies jostling each other at the door of your vendor's store!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I would take the pink sucker out of that halo and have my way with it, haha! Luckily, am not a pink person.

Btw, glad that you are feeling better.

Hehe am not a fan of the double halo too. But seriously the ring is too big even for me… and I’m by no means a small ring lover…

Thanks! Am glad this bout of covid was relatively mild for everyone at home.

@icy_jade looooove that rubellite!!!

Aren't they such a bargain for the colour and the staying power of the colour in all lighting!!!???

Lol I have this image of a bunch of ladies jostling each other at the door of your vendor's store!!!

Rubellites are great. Compared to spinels or rubies they are so much more affordable. And big. I feel like I should get a giant ass big red ring like yours too since there is no hope I can get a ruby or spinel that size. Maybe should ask Wriston to help me look…

Nono the ladies were all busy messaging Wriston and scolding him for not keeping the stones for them I think. Thankfully not at the door else would be an even more stressful buying experience haha.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
This could be another fun option for your 2-stone ring.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy!!! Wriston is getting backlash for your antics lol!!!!

The updates on the fight for gems is almost as fun as looking at your pics of them!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results