shape
carat
color
clarity

I1 inclusion visibility

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Maybe I am of the dissenting opinion here because I personally love good I1s and even own some. I find inclusions cool and as long as they do not affect the durability of the stone, do not jump right at you such as a glaring black crystal right in the center or big clouds ruining the stone, I really do love their personality. Your stone seems to be fine. Will look forward to seeing your beautiful new ring!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe I am of the dissenting opinion here because I personally love good I1s and even own some. I find inclusions cool and as long as they do not affect the durability of the stone, do not jump right at you such as a glaring black crystal right in the center or big clouds ruining the stone, I really do love their personality. Your stone seems to be fine. Will look forward to seeing your beautiful new ring!
My Vera's 1.5ct D SI1 has a beautiful garnet crystal in it. I set it so the crystal is visible thru the pavilion. I wish it was an I1.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! The classic setting lets the beautiful diamond lead. You made a wonderful choice.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, thats an I1??? It looks perfect, flawless, and so white!! :kiss2:
I honestly cannot see the crystal even when i blow up the image. Can you see it at all?
I am inlove with it! I can only see the inclusion when in the sunlight, it looks like a tiny sparkeling bubble. The ring has to be at lease 8 inches from my eyes to see the inclusion.

macjr82

Rough_Rock
20200525_135849.jpg It is finally here and looks beautiful in person!

Gorgeous!!! It looks great, and great on you!!! I am curious, was your GIA certificate in the box? I recieved a ring a week ago and my certificate wasn't shipped with it.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
A tiny sparkly bubble - sounds better than perfect. You have your own unique ID for your diamond. I'm so happy to hear that you're thrilled with it.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! It looks great, and great on you!!! I am curious, was your GIA certificate in the box? I recieved a ring a week ago and my certificate wasn't shipped with it.

Thank you! Yes I have recieved the GIA certificate for the diamond. It was in the part with the envelope. Your order was also from JA?

Reactions: AV_

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I am inlove with it! I can only see the inclusion when in the sunlight, it looks like a tiny sparkeling bubble. The ring has to be at lease 8 inches from my eyes to see the inclusion.

Wow thats pretty much eye clean. But a sparkling bubble sounds pretty cool! Now I want one, just like it!!

macjr82

Rough_Rock
Thank you! Yes I have recieved the GIA certificate for the diamond. It was in the part with the envelope. Your order was also from JA?

Did you have an appraisal included, as well, separate from the reciept

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Don’t worry about the inclusion. If you ever need to drop it off for service you can easily identify it :)
Not that that’s an issue, but why not. Enjoy!!!!!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
KaliDiamond, it looks beautiful. You made a wonderful and rare discovery.

In fact I have been doing this so long that my comments on this topic have to be qualified as then and now.

Then was many years ago. There was a time when one could expect to find abundant SI and even top I clarity diamonds which were eye-clean. Even at carat weights 1+, and with a notable primary characteristic, it was possible to turn up the occasional I1 diamond where a talented diamond cutter had planned the orientation in a way which made the stone eye-clean in casual viewing.

Now it’s far more difficult, especially in larger carat weights. In fact my sole diamond-supplier produces less and less SI diamonds over time because they cannot find starting rough material free of the haze, clouds and BGM which have crept up into the SI grades. And I cannot recall the last time they produced an I1. The material the miners used to sell as I1 now gets sold as SI. And what used to be strong SI now gets sold as VS. It makes it hard for those of us who won’t budge on standards.

In fact, over time, those of us who are long in the tooth have had to adapt to several factors. Not just laboratory grade-creep or fundamental issues with the rough material. As phones and tablets fill the world there is a growing predilection among upcoming generations to examine diamonds more acutely, which Garry alluded to before. That is a fact.

Bottom line, you did a very nice job here!

Wink

headlight

Ideal_Rock
So pretty... and I love the profile view, as well! And you will always be able to identify your diamond. Don’t think of it as an inclusion, think of it as a birthmark! Congrats, really happy for you!

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
As a collector I am jealous...Beautiful and unique stone...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results