carat
color
clarity

I1 inclusion visibility

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello,

I was wondering if the inclusion in this diamond will be very visible in person.

It will be in a setting and it is

D I1 .41 ct.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Did you buy it? Looks unavailable.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well congratulations! I can't wait to see hand shots. Sadly, I'm not familiar enough to answer your question but I know others will chime in soon.

OX1985

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I was wondering if the inclusion in this diamond will be very visible in person.

D I1 .41 ct.

From the link, this is GIA grade I1. To me, I1 tends to have either visible inclusion or invisible ones that can be detrimental to the durability on the stone especially for cuts like princess, which tends to have sharp and thin girdle on the 4 corners.

That being said, I'm unable to view the certificate of other inclusion types. Basing just off from visual view, I would say it is pretty visible and it reflects to the other corner on the stone.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well congratulations! I can't wait to see hand shots. Sadly, I'm not familiar enough to answer your question but I know others will chime in soon.

Thank you :)!

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
From the link, this is GIA grade I1. To me, I1 tends to have either visible inclusion or invisible ones that can be detrimental to the durability on the stone especially for cuts like princess, which tends to have sharp and thin girdle on the 4 corners.

That being said, I'm unable to view the certificate of other inclusion types. Basing just off from visual view, I would say it is pretty visible and it reflects to the other corner on the stone.

Thank you for responding! I hope the diamond will be protected well by the prongs and that it is still somewhat firey.

OX1985

Rough_Rock
Welcome!
Better check the security of the setting too because this is a princess cut.
Edges are very fragile.

To add on, this is the pricescope recommended princess cut proportion for your reference. :)

prin prop.JPG

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Welcome!
Better check the security of the setting too because this is a princess cut.
Edges are very fragile.

To add on, this is the pricescope recommended princess cut proportion for your reference. :)

prin prop.JPG

Thank you for the reference. I will definitely be checking the setting as soon as it arrives. Some of the information is not available on the certificate. cert.jpeg

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not an expert here on how photos of inclusions translate into real life, but James Allen has a great return policy if you're not satisfied! You might be able to go down in color a bit and up in clarity.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I had to watch the video twice to even see it! Is that a white crystal? Its kinda cool. I would have bought it too, its lovely, congrats!!!!

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not an expert here on how photos of inclusions translate into real life, but James Allen has a great return policy if you're not satisfied! You might be able to go down in color a bit and up in clarity.

Thanks for the response! James Allen is and has been really great to work with so far. I went through a lot of choices before arriving at this final diamond choice. I have my heart set on D color.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, I had to watch the video twice to even see it! Is that a white crystal? Its kinda cool. I would have bought it too, its lovely, congrats!!!!

Thank you :D!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hello,

D I1 .41 ct.

it will flash in some direct spot lights - but maybe just appear as anouther facet.
It will be easier to see from one side so be careful where and how it is set.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
it will flash in some direct spot lights - but maybe just appear as anouther facet.
It will be easier to see from one side so be careful where and how it is set.
Thank you for your advice!

OX1985

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the reference. I will definitely be checking the setting as soon as it arrives. Some of the information is not available on the certificate. cert.jpeg

Glad to help! I know you are excited to see your ring.
Enjoy wearing it!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you :D !
An I 1 inclusion in a 0.41ct diamond is much harder to see than an I1 in a 1ct. Diamond inclusons in lower grades are related to the size of the diamond.
In the VVS range it is based on the size of the inclusion not related to the size of the diamond at all.
It is good you have an inclusion crystal rather than a cloud which would dull the diamond

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I cant wait to see the finished ring, its really so pretty! I cant believe its an I1, such an awesome find!!! :kiss2:

L

lydial

Pretty princess! And hopefully it is pretty in real life. I think my 2 ctw OMC earrings are SI2 but maybe I1. The inclusions are visible with the naked eye at 12 inches but they do not affect performance at all. People call these “bluffy”.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ask the people at James Allen if you can see it under really close inspection, ie say Hi, I'm really fussy can you have one of your staff inspect the diamond and tell me if it's eyeclean to a fussy eye up close.... If the answer is yes then if you have good eyes yes you will see it, if it's no then you probably will not see it.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm going to express a different viewpoint for context on I1 diamonds.
My perspective may be a bit different because it is based on looking at quite a few FCD's, in addition to countless' I1 colorless stones. I1 assorting was one of my specialties at Harry Winston. And I've always loved them for the value.

Sometimes when the plot looks like a bomb went off in the middle of the I1 stone, it's eye clean in person.
Other times the plot looks sooooo clean- only one thin line..... but in person, the imperfection jumps out at you like a tiger.
Nor do I find that if a cloud is the first imperfection listed it assures a cloudy stone.

I'm also not on the same page with Garry with regards to comparing smaller to larger I1 diamonds. There are .41ct I1 diamonds who's imperfection is easy to spot. There are 1ct diamonds where you need to turn the diamond over, orient it in one specific angle, and need to use a loupe to find the crystal or cloud.

To make matters even more complicated, people's vision can vary greatly. So an imperfection that is easy for one person to see, is invisible to the next viewer.
Even more complications are rotating videos that may make an imperfection seem worse, or better than it does in normal viewing conditions.

The bottom line for me- I1's can offer exceptional value, but make sure to get a great return policy.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm going to express a different viewpoint for context on I1 diamonds.
My perspective may be a bit different because it is based on looking at quite a few FCD's, in addition to countless' I1 colorless stones. I1 assorting was one of my specialties at Harry Winston. And I've always loved them for the value.

Sometimes when the plot looks like a bomb went off in the middle of the I1 stone, it's eye clean in person.
Other times the plot looks sooooo clean- only one thin line..... but in person, the imperfection jumps out at you like a tiger.
Nor do I find that if a cloud is the first imperfection listed it assures a cloudy stone.

I'm also not on the same page with Garry with regards to comparing smaller to larger I1 diamonds. There are .41ct I1 diamonds who's imperfection is easy to spot. There are 1ct diamonds where you need to turn the diamond over, orient it in one specific angle, and need to use a loupe to find the crystal or cloud.

To make matters even more complicated, people's vision can vary greatly. So an imperfection that is easy for one person to see, is invisible to the next viewer.
Even more complications are rotating videos that may make an imperfection seem worse, or better than it does in normal viewing conditions.

The bottom line for me- I1's can offer exceptional value, but make sure to get a great return policy.

Wow thank you for the response! I do tend to see tiny details and am hoping this inclusion wont be too dark. I am glad to have chosen James Allen for this.

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ask the people at James Allen if you can see it under really close inspection, ie say Hi, I'm really fussy can you have one of your staff inspect the diamond and tell me if it's eyeclean to a fussy eye up close.... If the answer is yes then if you have good eyes yes you will see it, if it's no then you probably will not see it.

Thank you! I should have done this before and will definitely do this in the future.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow thank you for the response!

You're so very welcome!!
I have a routine when speaking with clients about clarity.
One of the questions I ask, is crucial to allow me to make the best recommendation...but is generally considered "taboo". I'm talking about asking a woman her age.
Think about this for a minute.
Say there's a $10k budget.
Two women are considering diamonds for a ring. One woman is 25, the other is 50.
I'm generalizing here but...
The 25-year-old will be able to see spots that the 50-year-old won't.
A .80 D/VVSD1 might be perfectly appropriate for a 25 yo in terms of size.
Many 50 year olds would find it to be much too small- and they can't see the little spots in an SI2 or even I1. The 50-year-old might go for an I/SI2
So they can get a stone twice the size, for the same budget.
There's no single "right answer"

DiamondDust13

Shiny_Rock
Premium
You're so very welcome!!
One of the questions I ask, is crucial to allow me to make the best recommendation...but is generally considered "taboo". I'm talking about asking a woman her age.
Two women are considering diamonds for a ring. One woman is 25, the other is 50.
Many 50 year olds would find it to be much too small- and they can't see the little spots in an SI2 or even I1. The 50-year-old might go for an I/SI2

Very interesting, I never would have thought that age would have that effect. I am more drawn to I1 diamonds these days especially if they have a beautiful cut/color. I cant wait to see what I will think when it arrives!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You're so very welcome!!
Yes and no David. Short sighted people do not suffer from presbyopia although short sight is not as common.
However it is becoming more of an issue - especially in Asian communities where young people are indoors studying lots. I think this is one of the reasons we note that Asians tend to demand higher clarity. (this is fact, not racism).

the best way fro a seller to find a clients tolerance is to ask them to place a ruler between their eyes and run fingers along and see how close they can focus.
I can focus at about 13 inches 32cm without usual specs and 25cm 10 inches with.
So I can not see VS2 singler crystal in a 1ct stone but can see some SI1's in excellent flood lightinng.
And remember in lower clarity SIZE matters heaps!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Have you seen it in real life? If you have and you love it, I think you made a smart choice.
I'm in Rockdiamond's senior demographic with bad eyes but I have princess cut earrings, very white but one has a crystal occupying one whole corner and the other one has a brown smear of something, looks like poo. I love those earrings and if these features were pointed out to me, I'd say, Yes, isn't that interesting?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results