shape
carat
color
clarity

I Wouldn't Normally Consider a CE Stone....

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great story(ies)..!!! looking forward to seeing the AVR in the setting.

Andelain|1392905886|3619246 said:
PattyCo|1392238197|3613768 said:
True dat!!!

And please tell us the "story" of this one, too, I just love happy endings :D

OK, the story..... :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: :Up_to_something: ;))

I had this ring made a while back, [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-whiteflash-ring-is-here.156794/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-custom-whiteflash-ring-is-here.156794/[/URL] . The ring is so well made, but I just didn't love it. I finally gave in to the realization that I just don't like the second half of the alphabet until around W-Z colors. Never have, and with a few exceptions, never will. I'll admit I'm a color whore, I'll pay extra for a D in a heartbeat. The stone in this ring is about P-Q brown IMHO.

So I considered options. Find a stone off in the fancy range, put a sapphire in the ring, get the stone irradiated.... I'd settled on the third option, I was going to get it irradiated to a brownish yellow, and probably still will. Then, as I have a bad habit of doing, I was browsing the usual suspect's websites. I got to GOG's, and saw that had an AVR that was within the tiny range of sizes that would fit this ring. And an E! :love: The wheels in my head started churning, and I clicked the link. Oh, pretty..... pretty ..... pretty. Wait, what's that ferris wheel looking picture on this page, oh it's on sale? HOLY CRAP, LOOK AT THAT PRICE!!! :-o :o Guess I'm going to find out how an AVR will look in this ring! :bigsmile: Emails started flying back and forth to the States, and now the ring is enroute GOG

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Yay for a happy ending-"ish" since it won't really end 'till the new diamond is back home and on your finger, and you show us tons of pictures, lol! I just took another look at your new diamond and boy-oh-boy does it have a pretty facet pattern. It is really hard to believe that it is clarity enhanced. I looked real close and couldn't even see a mark of any kind that might show where the drilling was done. From one CE diamond owner to another, you sure got a sweet diamond!

Warm regards,
PattyCo

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
A tease...... :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

teaser.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Now that's just naughty. :lol:

Andelain|1395256938|3637452 said:

teaser.jpg

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain|1395256938|3637452 said:

teaser.jpg

Heres a $1 to...a...you know... :naughty:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
moneymeister|1395257860|3637458 said:
Now that's just naughty. :lol:

:halo:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OK, here's a couple pics GOG sent me of the finished ring. Don't diss them for the scratches on the ring, please. I asked them for a very conservative polish job, and that's what they did. The scratches you see are bad enough that the ring will probably visit it's mothership for a complete polishing, and possible removal of rhodium plating. With that said.... :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

83ct_e_si2_avr-1.jpg

83ct_e_si2_avr-2.jpg

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Looks good. :)

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooh! She's just beautiful. I can hardly wait till you get her home with you and you can take some fire shots, and hand shots, and flower shots, and... :D

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain, what a beautiful diamond and it looks amazing in your ring. :love: Looking forward to seeing hand shots when you receive the ring. Congratulations on your deal of the century! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty! I love the pattern!

So what did you do with the stone that was in that ring?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great now, way better and more eye-catching than before. I have the same problemo I just don't love the mid to lower colour spectrum until you hit a pale yellow either....

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
!!!

Congrats and thank you giving us the opportunity to serve! My wife Vicki told me she enjoyed working with you Andelain!

All the best,
Jonathan

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all. :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Now I'm just counting the days (weeks) until it gets here. :errrr: :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

PattyCo|1395403033|3638650 said:
Ooooooh! She's just beautiful. I can hardly wait till you get her home with you and you can take some fire shots, and hand shots, and flower shots, and... :D
Thank you.

Flower pics might be tough, considering where I am. :oops: :lol:

tyty333|1395405561|3638663 said:
Pretty! I love the pattern!

So what did you do with the stone that was in that ring?

Thank you. The little brown is being returned to me loose, I'm probably going to put it up for sale. BTW, I thought it was a P, Vicki tells me it's an N. I wasn't far off. :lol: :lol:

Rhino|1395407737|3638678 said:
!!!

Congrats and thank you giving us the opportunity to serve! My wife Vicki told me she enjoyed working with you Andelain!

All the best,
Jonathan

You just KNOW it's going to knock my socks off, don't you?! :bigsmile: :naughty: :Up_to_something: :bigsmile: :wavey:

Vicki was a joy to work with, too, and I'm looking forward to the next project. Too bad she doesn't do the designs, I wouldn't have had to pull the plug on the Octavia. :wavey: :wavey:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1395406328|3638670 said:
It looks great now, way better and more eye-catching than before. I have the same problemo I just don't love the mid to lower colour spectrum until you hit a pale yellow either....

In this case, I think I liked the stone better before, even though it was a terrible cut. I know others love it, but I just can't. I've actually kicked around the idea of getting it irradiated to a brownish yellow if I don't rehome it.

Of course it'll probably post it's tales of woe on here again. Something tells me I'm not 'MiLady' anymore. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Rhino|1395407737|3638678 said:
!!!

All the best,
Jonathan

All I got to say about this AVR is...... WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?!?!?!?!? :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

It's just beautiful, wow am I ever glad I spotted it on your site! I'm not convinced I like it in the WG setting, but I can promise you're not getting the stone back! :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love: :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results