shape
carat
color
clarity

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM JEWELS BY GRACE AGAIN

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Way back Mara was the one chasing the posts, she got diamond toe rings from whiteflash for one of her post counts. Others have got too. Diamondseeker got something can't remember what now. Lots of them got.

@diamondseeker2006 won a raffle I believe

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think whiteflash even has sales... believe me, I have kept watch. $1,000 for everyone who hits 10k posts... no. Just no.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@pyramid...

I just bought a 1.84 OEC in a VERY LOW COLOR (U-V with faint brown undertones) and it's an I2 (that's I-TWO), and guess what?? That's not balanced at all according to you... but it's eye clean (enough) for me and it's pretty much to die for IMO. And that's okay... because it checked all the boxes that were important to me... and it's mine.

Is their a thread on this beauty? I am dying to see it now:mrgreen2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing how this thread was totally derailed, but I'll straighten out one thing since I saw my name mentioned. Years ago, Pricescope (not vendors) gave a gift for posters who reached 10,000 posts. Frequent posters who were helpful to those coming on the forum for help were appreciated by the owners of PS because education about well cut diamonds and helping others buy the best quality diamonds within budget is at the core of this site's purpose. Eventually that practice stopped as there are so many people who stick around and help others. I did get another kind gift from PS for being the first person to reach 50K posts. I used the $1000 gift to buy settings for my new diamond studs from Whiteflash (it had to be used at a PS sponsor/vendor). The gift was from Pricescope, though, not Whiteflash. I just chose to use the gift there.

I do happily recommend vendors I have dealt with multiple times with excellent quality products. That doesn't exactly make me a "fan girl" just because I recommend vendors I like any more than if you ask me for a car or restaurant recommendation. That's what a consumer forum is for. But I also very frequently help people who have diamonds listed from another vendor and tell them which I think is best. I certainly do not always divert them to another vendor unless they ask for extra suggestions or else can't find a great stone where they are looking. But I'll never apologize for recommending well cut GIA Ex to AGS Ideal cut diamonds, because if someone doesn't care about buying quality, they can walk into a mall chain jeweler and buy an overpriced crap diamond and not bother coming here. If they come here, I am going to try to recommend stones that I'd buy for myself or recommend to family members.

Sorry to contribute to the rabbit trail, but I just wanted to clear up some incorrect information that was posted.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful MSOP!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best thread hijack ever!
Off to look at that beauty now.

Edit...oh yes! I know that ring. Wow :love: very nice to revisit it!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash I believe gave out $1000 at 10,000 posts. There were various gifts given over the years to posters which large numbers of posts only. That is why people posted and stayed to begin with.
I didn't!!!...;(

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[QUOTE="diamondseeker2006, post: 4265472,

But I'll never apologize for recommending well cut GIA Ex to AGS Ideal cut diamonds, because if someone doesn't care about buying quality, they can walk into a mall chain jeweler and buy an overpriced crap diamond and not bother coming here. If they come here, I am going to try to recommend stones that I'd buy for myself or recommend to family members.

[/QUOTE]
Well said DS!:clap::clap:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that explains my take on things. I was not able find anything negative about jbg, only positive, except the current issues experienced by a couple of people.
Can you explain at all what the negative issues were without divulging too much?
Is it the quality or the “book keeping”?
Thanks.

I had issues with lack of communication from JbG. I wrote a detailed post about it. https://www.pricescope.com/communit...val-antique-diamond-necklace-from-jbg.226909/

There are others who have written about communication issues. The constant seems to be unreasonable wait times and lack of ownership over the issues. I will say, things do seem to get resolved in the end but the wait times are something else.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think just about every vendor even some of the most respected ones have failed customers from time to time. Just like us, they are human, they have family members that die, personal emergencies, family emergencies etc. I'm sure when many of them read negative experiences from their customers they do aim to provide better customer service in the future, rather than respond with anger, abuse, name calling and "he said" "she said" - at least I hope the good ones do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results