shape
carat
color
clarity

I went to Tiffany’s today…

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the side comparison!!! I actually prefer the U113!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jack the threadjacker here.

Bonfire, I love the emeralds in your Avatar.
Is there a link to a thread about them?

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock
Hi PS Friends,

I walked into Tiffany’s today on an impulse and walked out with a cute YG T-bangle Lol! My SA was very nice and accommodating when I asked to see a solitaire in around 2.5 carats G color (stats of my stone), just innocent research mind you. I don’t think I have ever seen one and since we were there…:rolleyes:
Anyway she produced a 2.38 F VVS1 in the iconic Tiffany solitaire setting. I think I audibly sighed. The profile of the ring is exquisite. Simple but oh so elegant, just the right hight, swoop, etc. Now I’m seriously smitten. Now I know why it’s so often imitated.

So all you solitaire girls with your Tiffany imitation settings, what do you think? Are you happy with it? I know this has been discussed here and Vatche U-113 seems to be the one that is favored to come the closest, right @diamondseeker2006 ? I probably shouldn’t have opened this Pandora’s box at Tiff’s, le sigh. Let me know your thoughts and pictures are always welcome.

I kind of wish my husband had gone with a replica instead of mine from Tiffany (1.75 H, VS1) so I could have gone slightly bigger (I have a size 7 finger so it doesn't have a ton of finger coverage IMHO)...but it is a pretty setting. I am really a step-cut girl (my previous ring was a 2.1 Graff EC, but the guy was arguably the worst human on the planet)...anyway, I wear a 2 ct eternity band with it, and other times a micropave 1.5 mm Cartier eternity...it is fun to switch it up...and sits really well with the Tiffany setting...

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I kind of wish my husband had gone with a replica instead of mine from Tiffany (1.75 H, VS1) so I could have gone slightly bigger (I have a size 7 finger so it doesn't have a ton of finger coverage IMHO)...but it is a pretty setting. I am really a step-cut girl (my previous ring was a 2.1 Graff EC, but the guy was arguably the worst human on the planet)...anyway, I wear a 2 ct eternity band with it, and other times a micropave 1.5 mm Cartier eternity...it is fun to switch it up...and sits really well with the Tiffany setting...

Tiffany solitaires are gorgeous in all sizes.
I’d love to see yours with the various bands you pair with it, if you feel like sharing.

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

Your solitaire looks beautiful and substantial on your finger! I especially like it with the 2ct eternity, lovely!

Thanks! Yes, I tend to prefer the larger eternity ring as well!!

LTCT814

Shiny_Rock
Thank you…they are. I do enjoy the flexibility of the bands :) 8F8B9330-4768-441D-8D30-C2942A215E25.jpeg F01D3314-F3D1-4CE8-B367-FBA73BBDA2B0.jpeg

I think the finger coverage looks really nice on you! Both bands are beautiful and compliment the setting nicely.

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock
I think the finger coverage looks really nice on you! Both bands are beautiful and compliment the setting nicely.

Thank you :)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I truly love the vatche 113, but agree that somehow the tiffany is one of a kind. Not sure if it's the shoulders or particular slope of the prongs or what. But I do adore it

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new ring came yesterday.
This stone is a fireball! It’s not much larger than my previous stone but her presence is. Not all ACA’s act exactly alike I have discovered.
Regarding the Vatche U113, I’m loving the classic design. It holds the stone up in such an elegant way. It pairs so well with bands and I have lots of bands! I’m still getting used to looking at my hand and seeing the beautiful flashes of this stone and they way it is displayed in this setting. I’m very happy with my upgrade!
Our weather isn’t good so hopefully I can take better pictures later. 0C952CFE-1BAA-42E0-9658-D116334FDB60.jpeg

Attachments

• FAB8A898-3EB6-4D1C-9ED8-87E61240B22E.jpeg
    FAB8A898-3EB6-4D1C-9ED8-87E61240B22E.jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 40

Sanderson44

Rough_Rock
This stone is a fireball! It’s not much larger than my previous stone but her presence is. Not all ACA’s act exactly alike I have discovered.
Regarding the Vatche U113, I’m loving the classic design. It holds the stone up in such an elegant way. It pairs so well with bands and I have lots of bands! I’m still getting used to looking at my hand and seeing the beautiful flashes of this stone and they way it is displayed in this setting. I’m very happy with my upgrade!
Our weather isn’t good so hopefully I can take better pictures later. 0C952CFE-1BAA-42E0-9658-D116334FDB60.jpeg

Love it!!!!! Congrats!

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock

Simply gorgeous!!! I love the U113, it makes my heart go putter pat every time I see it! Paired with both your bands… perfection:kiss2:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed, it's beautiful! And I second the suggestion for a SMTB thread that includes the stats on this beauty. Would also love to know what the former stone's stats were for comparison and what you find that you like better about this one.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MissGotRocks, @RMOO, @lavenderdragonfly23 and @Sanderson44 for the kind compliments.
I’m too lazy to start a new thread :roll2:

I’ll attach the two stone’s stats.
My previous 2.52 G SI1 stone

924156EB-5269-4CC5-AEF9-AAD9B72F3EEA.jpeg

My new 2.61 G VS2

1DE2ECE7-A4DE-4079-8CE7-363262651783.jpeg

My new stone is almost exactly the same stats as our beloved late Dancing Fire’s diamond (my table is slightly larger). Dancing fire knew his diamonds!
My previous diamond was beautiful and bright with lots of scintillation. Since I was changing my setting I wanted to try this new stone. More Fiery. Sort of my homage to Dancing Fire’s preferences in diamonds. It’s also a bump up in clarity.
I’m still getting to know this new stone and what I’m seeing so far is fabulous!

Last edited:

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it’s beautiful! I love your new stone and the classic setting really shows it off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results