carat
color
clarity

I went to Tiffany’s today…

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PS Friends,

I walked into Tiffany’s today on an impulse and walked out with a cute YG T-bangle Lol! My SA was very nice and accommodating when I asked to see a solitaire in around 2.5 carats G color (stats of my stone), just innocent research mind you. I don’t think I have ever seen one and since we were there…:rolleyes:
Anyway she produced a 2.38 F VVS1 in the iconic Tiffany solitaire setting. I think I audibly sighed. The profile of the ring is exquisite. Simple but oh so elegant, just the right hight, swoop, etc. Now I’m seriously smitten. Now I know why it’s so often imitated.

So all you solitaire girls with your Tiffany imitation settings, what do you think? Are you happy with it? I know this has been discussed here and Vatche U-113 seems to be the one that is favored to come the closest, right @diamondseeker2006 ? I probably shouldn’t have opened this Pandora’s box at Tiff’s, le sigh. Let me know your thoughts and pictures are always welcome.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Tiffany solitaire is gorgeous! They have been designing jewelry for a long time and have perfected many pieces in my opinion. They can somehow set a small number of diamonds or carat weight and make them look like a million dollars! I have admired many of their pieces for years. I once tried on a three carat solitaire there and it was the only three carat diamond I have ever tried on that didn’t look foolish on my short fingers. I think it is the height that is somehow so perfected. I have never tried on the Vatche in person but it does seem to be the favorite imitation around here. Course no one would make it exactly like theirs and I have read that they tweak theirs ever so slightly over time to avoid the copycats.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PS Friends,

I walked into Tiffany’s today on an impulse and walked out with a cute YG T-bangle Lol! My SA was very nice and accommodating when I asked to see a solitaire in around 2.5 carats G color (stats of my stone), just innocent research mind you. I don’t think I have ever seen one and since we were there…:rolleyes:
Anyway she produced a 2.38 F VVS1 in the iconic Tiffany solitaire setting. I think I audibly sighed. The profile of the ring is exquisite. Simple but oh so elegant, just the right hight, swoop, etc. Now I’m seriously smitten. Now I know why it’s so often imitated.

So all you solitaire girls with your Tiffany imitation settings, what do you think? Are you happy with it? I know this has been discussed here and Vatche U-113 seems to be the one that is favored to come the closest, right @diamondseeker2006 ? I probably shouldn’t have opened this Pandora’s box at Tiff’s, le sigh. Let me know your thoughts and pictures are always welcome.

I tried on the Tiffany setting recently as well because I never had, and I was also shocked how much I liked it. Photos here, if you want eye candy!
Post in thread 'An upgrade journey … from a research perspective'
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...om-a-research-perspective.277780/post-5230551

I am waiting on a WF custom cut right now and seriously considering putting it an a U113, so I swear I think I’ve read every thread I can find on that setting. The consensus seems to be that is the closest to the Tiffany setting. You can choose whether to do tab prongs or claw prongs.
One of the most jaw dropping U113s I have seen around here is Bliss’s. I wish the photos were newer so you could see better detail, but here’s a link.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T your ring is perfect! Absolutely perfect! I’m so happy for you. :kiss2:

@Tonks Thanks for responding. I’ve been following your thread. So exciting! Your thread may have sparked my curiosity.
I wanted to see what my size stone would look like in the iconic Tiffany solitaire. Now I can’t get it out of my mind. It definitely sits higher than my present solitaire. Have you settled on the Vatche U-113? I’ll be following your journey.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T your ring is perfect! Absolutely perfect! I’m so happy for you. :kiss2:

@Tonks Thanks for responding. I’ve been following your thread. So exciting! Your thread may have sparked my curiosity.
I wanted to see what my size stone would look like in the iconic Tiffany solitaire. Now I can’t get it out of my mind. It definitely sits higher than my present solitaire. Have you settled on the Vatche U-113? I’ll be following your journey.

Hmmm…is there another purchase in your future? Some things are hard to unsee!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm…is there another purchase in your future? Some things are hard to unsee!

You’re right about “unseeing“ MGR! Thanks for understanding. That’s why I started this thread. Do I want to re-set my ACA in a Tiffany knock-off? I’d be taking it out of a custom Victor Canara. That seems counterintuitive. Would I eventually tire of the simplicity and wish I’d left well enough alone?
That’s why I’d love to hear what others have to say about their Tiffany style solitaires. Tiffany you seductress!

Last edited:

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Following because my 14k white gold solitaire setting is in need of a redip and I’m leaning towards resetting instead…possibly to Vatche U-113 in platinum. My only hesitation with this setting is it’s a bit wider than I’d like at 2.4mm.

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
I have the U113 and love how it turned out. I also tried on Tiffany rings to get the size and setting inspiration. Here’s my 2.3 ct ACA and Vatche U113. AD95597B-D3CB-400D-8148-3E1DE47B8C0A.jpeg

Attachments

• 1CF2D6F1-E8C0-4BE6-8214-E3C65239C6F2.jpeg
    1CF2D6F1-E8C0-4BE6-8214-E3C65239C6F2.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 107
  • BBF01B84-2350-43F6-8653-D88D48D9755B.jpeg
    BBF01B84-2350-43F6-8653-D88D48D9755B.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 110

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the U113 and love how it turned out. I also tried on Tiffany rings to get the size and setting inspiration. Here’s my 2.3 ct ACA and Vatche U113. AD95597B-D3CB-400D-8148-3E1DE47B8C0A.jpeg

Gorgeous! That looks a-mazing! How do you feel about the height? Does it hit things a lot? Mine is set lower so I’m wondering if it might be a problem. You have beautiful hands btw.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re right about “unseeing“ MGR! Thanks for understanding. That’s why I started this thread. Do I want to re-set my ACA in a Tiffany knock-off? I’d be taking it out of a custom Victor Canara. That seems counterintuitive. Would I eventually tire of the simplicity and wish I’d left well enough alone?
That’s why I’d love to hear what others have to say about their Tiffany style solitaires. Tiffany you seductress!
I have toyed for years about going back to a solitaire setting. Then I remember why I ended up with the three stone and probably know that the solitaire is not right for me now. If you reset your ACA, you would of course keep your current setting just in case. I think you would be able to sell and recoup some of your money if you tried to sell the Vatche.
However, your current setting is truly beautiful and I would have to think long and hard about changing it. A solitaire does give lots of band stacking options; however for me, I don’t have a long enough finger to stack a lot. Just some thoughts from someone who has definitely considered it - lol!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so appreciate your opinions MGR, you are always the voice of understanding and reason. Thank you

Shannon72781

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! That looks a-mazing! How do you feel about the height? Does it hit things a lot? Mine is set lower so I’m wondering if it might be a problem. You have beautiful hands btw.

Thank you! I am ok with the height. I’ve been wearing a solitaire for close to 15 years so I think I’m just so used to it?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I couldn’t resist any longer.

@MissGotRocks you are right. I could always partially recoup the cost of the Vatche U113 if I found that I missed my old setting. And heck since I’m getting a new setting I may as well get a new ACA as well, right? How easily these things snowball!

@Tonks, I‘m thanking (blaming) you and Vivian for pushing me over the edge!
So along with a new Vatche U-113 I’m upgrading my 2.52 G SI1 to a pretty 2.61 G VS2. I like the stats on this stone better and the bump in clarity. I’m comfortable with my size so going bigger wasn’t my objective.

It will be ready in 3-4 weeks, eek!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@MissGotRocks you are right. I could always partially recoup the cost of the Vatche U113 if I found that I missed my old setting. And heck since I’m getting a new setting I may as well get a new ACA as well, right? How easily these things snowball!

So along with a new Vatche U-113 I’m upgrading my 2.52 G SI1 to a pretty 2.61 G VS2. I like the stats on this stone better and the bump in clarity. I’m comfortable with my size so going bigger wasn’t my objective.

Congratulations!! Can't wait to see the new ring - exciting!!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock

Oh yay! I am so excited for you and cannot wait to see it!!!!

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
That’s so kind of you :kiss2:

I adore my ring & I am so glad I didn’t go bigger elsewhere. That setting, in my eyes, just cannot be replicated. By anyone. It was worth every penny.

PXL_20211007_170716849~2.jpg

PXL_20220623_144202802~2.jpg

Forgive me but is this setting Tiffany or wf ?

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
Hi there. I too go back and forth on 3 stone to Tiffany solitaire.

I just upgraded to an aca and am planning my next upgrade in a few years. The solitaire is high on my list.

Question, has anyone ever done a side by side of U113 and a Tiffany to see how identical or not they are,??

I still have the U113 in my wf cart lmao

I’m excited for your new setting and stone to come!!! Hoping one day I can reach a 2ct

❤️❤️❤️❤️

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@freedom2016, her ring is an actual Tiffany ring.

I don't know if anyone has ever done an actual side by side comparison of the Tiffany ring and the Vatche U113 but they are very similar. I have heard some comments made about a bit of difference in the height of the shoulders of the rings. There have been many here though that have chosen the U113 and been very happy with it!

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock

You are looking at Tiffany in that picture. Imo, Tiffany cannot be replicated. It is one of a kind. Vatche U-113 comes close but not close enough for me to not see the difference. Easily. Due to Tiffany trademark, no vendor can make it identical.

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
You are looking at Tiffany in that picture. Imo, Tiffany cannot be replicated. It is one of a kind. Vatche U-113 comes close but not close enough for me to not see the difference. Easily. Due to Tiffany trademark, no vendor can make it identical.

I wonder if Tiffany will allow you to buy the setting only? Does anyone know?
I suppose I can call tomorrow
I’m assuming they say no but what if you have your grandmothers stone would they refuse to let you buy setting?

freedom2016

Shiny_Rock
That’s so kind of you :kiss2:

I adore my ring & I am so glad I didn’t go bigger elsewhere. That setting, in my eyes, just cannot be replicated. By anyone. It was worth every penny.

PXL_20211007_170716849~2.jpg

PXL_20220623_144202802~2.jpg

This is so stunning, what is the tcw of your stone? Sooo gorgeous

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m assuming they say no but what if you have your grandmothers stone would they refuse to let you buy setting?

Correct, you can't buy a Tiffany setting. They don't care if it's Granny's diamond.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No, they will not sell their setting separately. Their settings and jewelry are very protected. Unless you could prove that your grandmother’s stone was from Tiffany, they would not set it in their setting. If I didn’t buy the entire ring from Tiffany, having their setting only wouldn’t be that meaningful to me. If I were ever to go back to a solitaire setting, the U113 would be high on my list. Next option would be to have something custom made but no one would produce an exact Tiffany setting. They are copyrighted to the max and rightfully so - they have been doing that setting since the 1800s! I think they do make slight variations to the six prong setting from time to time to further counteract copy cat attempts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results