shape
carat
color
clarity

I want this ring

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Just curious was the difficult seller the Jakob K guy? Bc I dealt with him too - didn’t buy but contemplated but passed in part because of his unfriendliness and unclear descriptions.

No it was some lady, I can’t remember her name. But it’s a small Etsy

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
@Mreader I didn’t have a thread hahaha, I was talking to yada on Instagram about it. I requested more photos because all the photos were bad, she didn’t want to take more and asked her to take some in natural light and instead she put it in the microwave and was yelling at her kid in a video of it in the microwave. The pic she sent were worse than the ones listed She got real defensive when I asked if there’s a return policy since the photos you can’t see well and she said why are you buying some thing with the intent to return. I she didn’t except returns. I was put off by her attitude. I don’t know if she’s just a unique person who thinks a microwave makes for a good photo or if there’s some defect she’s hoping won’t be noticed I honestly don’t know. It was pretty and well priced but too shady for me. It was spring/summer just go outside and take a photo lol.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@Mreader I didn’t have a thread hahaha, I was talking to yada on Instagram about it. I requested more photos because all the photos were bad, she didn’t want to take more and asked her to take some in natural light and instead she put it in the microwave and was yelling at her kid in a video of it in the microwave. The pic she sent were worse than the ones listed She got real defensive when I asked if there’s a return policy since the photos you can’t see well and she said why are you buying some thing with the intent to return. I she didn’t except returns. I was put off by her attitude. I don’t know if she’s just a unique person who thinks a microwave makes for a good photo or if there’s some defect she’s hoping won’t be noticed I honestly don’t know. It was pretty and well priced but too shady for me. It was spring/summer just go outside and take a photo lol.

That’s hysterical! Too bad you couldn’t see what it was really like - you would think she would want to make a sale. I’m continually surprised by the bad photography out there.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I had this all wrong. I forgot all about the Etsy lady! I feel badly too because I found it and said you should ask about it!

I had her confused with the IG seller who had the mama version of my ring. Oops!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I had this all wrong. I forgot all about the Etsy lady! I feel badly too because I found it and said you should ask about it!

I had her confused with the IG seller who had the mama version of my ring. Oops!

Oh ya, that was a good one too

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
So I got my husband on board and was so excited, but didn’t want to say anything yet because I didn’t want to jinx myself. I emailed them with questions through there website end of may early june, it’s GIA certified but they don’t have a picture of the certificate anywhere and I would like to see that….never heard anything. So then my husband emailed the address they give on Instagram…. Nothing. He emailed again still nothing. Now it’s early September and I’m pissed! Been over 3 months trying to contact them. when my husband reaches out to DM on Instagram(he’s not comfortable doing that since it’s a large amount of money he finds emails the way to go but apparently Platt does not)and finally hears back. sold a few days prior. I’m so disappointed in their customer service:x2:cry2: for the life of me I don’t understand people not returning emails when your running a business. I felt like I was harassing them and it wasn’t fun to send emails and never hear back. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I feel like I’m jinx when it comes to engagement rings.
Anywho, if anyone sees this pop up through a different vendor please let me know. I haven’t given up complete hope because i’ve seen it happen a few times.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So I got my husband on board and was so excited, but didn’t want to say anything yet because I didn’t want to jinx myself. I emailed them with questions through there website end of may early june, it’s GIA certified but they don’t have a picture of the certificate anywhere and I would like to see that….never heard anything. So then my husband emailed the address they give on Instagram…. Nothing. He emailed again still nothing. Now it’s early September and I’m pissed! Been over 3 months trying to contact them. when my husband reaches out to DM on Instagram(he’s not comfortable doing that since it’s a large amount of money he finds emails the way to go but apparently Platt does not)and finally hears back. sold a few days prior. I’m so disappointed in their customer service:x2:cry2: for the life of me I don’t understand people not returning emails when your running a business. I felt like I was harassing them and it wasn’t fun to send emails and never hear back. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I feel like I’m jinx when it comes to engagement rings.
Anywho, if anyone sees this pop up through a different vendor please let me know. I haven’t given up complete hope because i’ve seen it happen a few times.

Wow that is crazy frustrating. Did you also try to call them? If I cannot get ahold of someone via email that is what I try to do. I am so sorry :(

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Wow that is crazy frustrating. Did you also try to call them? If I cannot get ahold of someone via email that is what I try to do. I am so sorry :(

I didn’t think to do that til it was too late, I never think about calling people because in state of age everything is text message and emails

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Basically it sold and I’m hoping you guys can help me out and let me know if you see it in the wild=)2

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I'm sorry @Smith3, so disappointing. I will be on the lookout for it. I came across a few rings that sorta kinda had the same vibe but the center stones were all under a carat. There has to be another ring out there like this somewhere!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Ugh, I'm sorry @Smith3, so disappointing. I will be on the lookout for it. I came across a few rings that sorta kinda had the same vibe but the center stones were all under a carat. There has to be another ring out there like this somewhere!

Thank you! It’s hard to find one with a center stone bigger than 1.25ct and look good Proportion. I really thought It was the one and husband was surprising me☹️

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions. Please keep an eye peel on these FFBF6F7E-34DE-444F-98AE-7CEEA04EEC7A.jpeg 21D65252-65F2-4C29-B094-84F45CF37428.jpeg 42933A23-2F05-45B1-8C91-15FEB80E6F20.jpeg 8CBE9519-B221-43F2-8E52-6B28565558B8.jpeg im really hoping the sale falls through or some one decides to sell it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw your post in Hangout, I’m sorry for everything you are going through. Took a quick look and found some rings you might want to look at:

5AECCD77-0DE3-4A30-9BD8-70055FCEE745.jpeg

8FB5FBB9-70ED-435B-9107-2C4319FA76EA.jpeg

F29219FF-BE21-41C5-8E2A-A7390DD3DE25.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a suggestion, look at Verma Estate, they have a standalone website as well as their Etsy shop, also try Pebble and Polish. I’d also try a search on Etsy, RubyLane 1st Dibs and just put in a generic search term “platinum diamond ring” and narrow it down with a custom dollar range like 8k-15k or whatever your budget is. Just scroll through, you never know, you might find something you love.

You could also try asking some trusted antique vendors for their help finding what you’re looking for. At this point you need a lot of eyes to help, the good thing is you have pictures of what you’re looking for.

Also always feel like you can reach out to me on LT:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Smith3, I saw your post too and I'm so sorry for all you're going through right now.

@YadaYadaYada, those are good finds and Verma Estates is a great idea.

I have never purchased from New York Estate Jewelry but they seem to have tons of rings. I think they are also known as Israel Rose. I will spend more time browsing but I did see this. It's GIA J, hard to find in old cuts. 1.75 carat center stone too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay last post, don’t want to overwhelm you! Take a look at Lang’s, found this on their site:

F491B0C0-FDB0-486B-9DA9-32F424397B0A.jpeg

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the suggestions, support and kindness. I’m Hoping a vendor bought the Tiffany one. I’ve seen some pieces from this place pop up on ps preloved forum, I’m holding onto hope that it will pop up and hoping you guys can let me know if you see it. Th

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Bump

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
So I found one I really like, I was so excited and wanted to see because it’s only a few hours away, they said it was at the Vegas show, so I couldn’t see it until later the next week if it didn’t sell. It sold at the Vegas show.:wall:
I’m seriously jinxed or cursed. Does anyone know of a psychic to help me with this lol

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I want to go to One if these antique trade shows one year.
Does anyone know how it works? Is the jewelry priced cheaper at trade shows or something

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
These all remind me of my Sophia! 381CC394-AC7D-49A4-B331-98A16EE17612.jpeg 57EDCB12-A3B1-4546-A53E-FD82064F3219.jpeg
I found her online at Trumpet & Horn.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Ya I saw it when it was oakbrook. Similar but not quite what I’m looking for

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Ya I saw it when it was oakbrook. Similar but not quite what I’m looking for

Is this one any closer?

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
The link doesn’t work,
The first one I really liked in like 10 months looked a little different but similar. Vey Art Deco with a large center stone . This may pop up again because it sold up the Vegas trade show. 623D3CE1-E3D2-4AE0-A5A4-4FBB803C0115.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results