shape
carat
color
clarity

I want this ring

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
It’s an original Tiffany and co Art Deco ring. It’s $15,600. The center is 1.32 carats GIA F vvs2. I love this ring but don’t have that much money. If it wasn’t a Tiffany and co how much do you think it would cost? @YadaYadaYada its looks similar to the one I’ve been looking for. What do you think?

Attachments

• D93AE000-F7B7-44B3-B557-C3E773514381.jpeg
    D93AE000-F7B7-44B3-B557-C3E773514381.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 624

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm those diamonds are amazing but you are paying for high color, high clarity and brand name. It’s like a triple wallop if you will.

Granted this is lower in color but the center in this is 1.50 and it’s under 6k with offers considered. I know this isn’t the aesthetic you are going for but just as a comparison:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you suffer from “the one that got away” so how badly do you want it? Sell all your other rings for one to rule them all? If it wasn’t Tiffany you could maybe be under 10k but honestly not sure.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys for the other options

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It’s an original Tiffany and co Art Deco ring. It’s $15,600. The center is 1.32 carats GIA F vvs2. I love this ring but don’t have that much money. If it wasn’t a Tiffany and co how much do you think it would cost? @YadaYadaYada its looks similar to the one I’ve been looking for. What do you think?

For high color/clarity like that I could see 8-9k if you're willing to look around/wait a little. Is the especially high color/high clarity super important? They do command a premium.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
For high color/clarity like that I could see 8-9k if you're willing to look around/wait a little. Is the especially high color/high clarity super important? They do command a premium.

High color and clarity aren’t important neither is a designer piece. I just happen I see it on Instagram and was like oh I love that. Then when I read the description I was like crap, of course it’s a Tiffany and great quality diamond.
All my diamonds are antique, chipped( not bad and it doesn’t bother me) and h-j color.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Keep looking. You will find the one. This style is fairly common. I suspect it’s not exclusive to Tiffany’s.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I've been looking but haven't found any close enough matches for the feel you're going for. I never seem to find when I'm actually looking:roll:
I will say that Jacob Jewelry and Verma Estate Jewelers(some of Yada's picks) do have many great examples. They may work with you on price. Worth a shot, anyhow.
*just noticed this is an M, which is my preference(sorry!) but it does have a similar feel.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Ya I’m kind of difficult lol. Yada found me one that was so much like it, closes I’ve seen but the seller was a bit difficult And I didn’t trust it. Picture below is the one that got away. I know I may not find it and my taste may change who knows but it’s been 10 years. I love the geometric setting to this and the center diamond is almost 1 1/2 ct 45E150E5-9875-43BE-850A-4B5071021AE2.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was way off, definitely not angular enough! 10 years and still looking is good, you know what you want and won’t settle!

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Mine was way off, definitely not angular enough! 10 years and still looking is good, you know what you want and won’t settle!

You found me one on Etsy months ago, that’s the one I’m talking about not the one in this thread. I I don’t know if you remember but we both messaged the lady and she was sketchy and sent me extra pics of it in a microwave :lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I mean the one I posted today wasn’t angular enough.

That seller was a hot mess, idk the whole microwave thing was just strange!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I saw this one on Instagram - it is stunning - I understand why you love it! No real help :D

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I wondered, have you considered sending the picture of the one that got away to one of the popular vendors like Ivy & Rose or DK and asking them to quote the cost of replicating it?

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
We were discussing pushy sales people over in the Antique and Vintage forum.
@YadaYadaYada said:
"there is nothing worse than someone hanging over you like Dracula while you’re trying to shop." :lol:
Hahahaha that’s hilarious having worked in sales my whole life it’s so true. I’m Going to use that saying now!! It’s literally the best description:lol:

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I wondered, have you considered sending the picture of the one that got away to one of the popular vendors like Ivy & Rose or DK and asking them to quote the cost of replicating it?

Ya I’ve thought about that but I honestly prefer an all original antique piece.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh, that’s my listing @LightBright. Funny thing is it is the baby version to the ring the IG seller had for sale that’s she mentioned up thread.

I know she wants a sizable center stone like 1.25 or better.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Ahhh, that’s my listing @LightBright. Funny thing is it is the baby version to the ring the IG seller had for sale that’s she mentioned up thread.

I know she wants a sizable center stone like 1.25 or better.

You know my taste well

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Ya I’m kind of difficult lol. Yada found me one that was so much like it, closes I’ve seen but the seller was a bit difficult And I didn’t trust it. Picture below is the one that got away. I know I may not find it and my taste may change who knows but it’s been 10 years. I love the geometric setting to this and the center diamond is almost 1 1/2 ct 45E150E5-9875-43BE-850A-4B5071021AE2.jpeg

Just curious was the difficult seller the Jakob K guy? Bc I dealt with him too - didn’t buy but contemplated but passed in part because of his unfriendliness and unclear descriptions.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Just curious was the difficult seller the Jakob K guy? Bc I dealt with him too - didn’t buy but contemplated but passed in part because of his unfriendliness and unclear descriptions.

Never mind I see it somebody with a microwave why did they send you a picture of a ring in the microwave? Do you have a thread to that story because that is hilarious.

This ring is pretty and the pattern of the stone is nice, but idk if the flecks would be obvious in real life:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results