shape
carat
color
clarity

I tried on dresses today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly? It makes you look belly heavy. *wince* Sorry!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me no likie either ... the curved top makes makes your shoulders look sloping ... the fluffy edging seems dated... the "here''s my belly" point does just that... and it shortens you ...because the elllllooonnnngated dropped waist coming to a point like that ends up making your torso look enormous and the skirt oddly brief.

Confirms my suspicions that your Mom might not be the best judge of these things. At least IMHO.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
dress-shopping-day-2-015.jpg

Alfred-Angelo-018.jpg

These two were nice as well. The cut outs kinda grow on you.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Of course looking at pictures is not the same thing as seeing it in person, but I have to say I agree with your Mom based on pictures. I''m so sorry! Obviously you love the dress and everyone here seems to agree with you but I feel as your mom does, that the combination of fabrics is not flattering. I think the back is particularly not flattering. To me the back looks like two different dresses that don''t belong together. I don''t like that vertical puckery button seam in hte back either....waaahhh, I''ve just torn your beloved dress apart. What can I say; I''m probably close to your mother''s age (I''m 45) so maybe it''s an age thing. It looked better with the first set of pictures, but those were blurry. Once you can crisply see the difference in fabrics I really think the dress suffers.

You are a beautiful girl with a great figure! Even in this dress I don''t like that much, I still think you would make a beautiful bride. Many of us looked for a dress to hide our flaws, you''re looking to accentuate your assets; lucky you!

Personally, I love the first one. The bodice looks beautiful on you, and sexy. What don''t you like about the cutout embroidery? I like it a lot better than the lace on "the" dress.

Good luck!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry, but I also agree with your mom. The bodice of the dress you''ve chosen is nice, but the skirt is a bit much. From the back it looks to me like your slip is dragging. (Obviously that comment dates me -- I''m your mom''s age if not older.)

I like the first of the dresses Gypsy picked out, but I also think you should look some more. After all, this is (hopefully) the only time in your life that you''ll get to shop for a wedding dress!

aquarius_ser

Shiny_Rock
after seeing the new pics you took of that dress, I can say I am not a fan of it as much. To me, the lace stand out too much... it brings the eye down instead up to your beautiful face!

In the first set, I liked #5. Gypsy also posted 2 dresses I like, probably #2 if I had to choose...

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I really do like #2 that gypsy posted, but i''m just not a fan of the cutouts. I think I might go back to the store today and see if it can be ordered with a different skirt.

Thanks for the comments from everyone who doesn''t like the dress. It''s good to know that my mom isn''t the only one.

Maria, you''re actually quite a bit younger than my mom! She''s 58.

Well, time to go dress shopping again.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a great idea. See if it can be ordered with a different skirt.

And everyone is right! Definitely go try on some more gowns! I already own a dress... and went dress shopping 15 times before I got that one... but when our wedding plans changed, and we booked this coming wedding-- I went shoppping again. I told myself I knew exactly what I wanted this time... and you know what I wound up with a completely different gown that what I was looking at initially. Overall I went dress shopping like 30 times (long story) and tried on a TON of gowns. This gown... is THE GOWN though. I know it. Any wedding I have this is my dress. It''s me. You just have to put the stress aside... and trust yourself. Whatever you choose it has to feel right to you.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hi robbie!

i just wanted to chime in that i think you look absolutely gorgeous in the second dress gypsy posted on this page. The bodice is so flattering.

Good luck with whatever dress you choose and make sure to keep posting those pictures
2.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lovelylulu! I went back to Alfred Angelo today and they said that you can''t order their dresses with a different skirt
8.gif
so that one is definitely out. I still really dislike the cutouts. While I was there I did find another dress that I like

alfred-angelo2-0001.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
back

alfred-angelo2-002.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh PRETTY! I *do* like that one on you! I like the back better even than the "dream dress" too. (Though I still do like the dream dress on you & your figure.)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I also loved one that I tried on at Demetrios

http://www.demetriosbride.com/us/index.php?page=collection_couture_06

It''s the one in the bottom left corner (CR116). It really looks nothing like in the picture. Too bad you''re not allowed to take pictures at this place
3.gif
. I tried it on in ivory and it fit perfectly. I wouldn''t need to have it altered at all other than adding a bustle. I was wearing the fullest slip and I love the fullness that it gave the skirt. Only problem is that it costs $2450.

23.gif

yeah...that''s definitely not going to fly...

It''s a silk tafetta and the bodice has those folds similiar to the jasmine that was my favorite. The neckline is also not quite as sculpted as it appears in the picture. The dress was really simple. No embroidery or beading or anything, but it just had this really classic Jackie O kind of feel to it. I could picture myself wearing a simple pearl choker with it.

Anyone know of any good knockoffs???

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe, thanks gypsy! I really like the 1st and 3rd ones. I think I''m really into the taffeta with the pleated bodice look. #1 says it''s only available in FL
7.gif
, but I think I want a fuller skirt and the closest place that #3 is available to me is in Hershey at a store I actually went to with my MOH. They were really mean though. I love that look though. It''s soooo similiar to the Demetrios that I tried on today.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I just called Pearls and it would still be $1518 to mail order through them.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 4:48:51 PM
Author: robbie3982
Awe, thanks gypsy! I really like the 1st and 3rd ones. I think I''m really into the taffeta with the pleated bodice look. #1 says it''s only available in FL
7.gif
, but I think I want a fuller skirt and the closest place that #3 is available to me is in Hershey at a store I actually went to with my MOH. They were really mean though. I love that look though. It''s soooo similiar to the Demetrios that I tried on today.
Ooooh you went to the Cinderella Shoppe... NOT a fun experience, from what I''ve heard. If your friend is still looking in the Hershey area, tell her to try DivaRee''s in Harrisburg... Maria (the owner) is one of the sweetest people I encountered throughout my whole dress search. The designers she carries are a higher price-point though. There is another shop in Mechanicsburg that is supposed to be great... Gowns by Design I think. Just in case she''s interested!
1.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
I also liked both the dresses Gypsy reposted. The second one looks very nice on top, but like you I''m not a HUGE fan on the cut-outs. Something kinda off about them.

I also noticed in the second batch of pics that the lace on the bottom of the *dream dress* didn''t sit well with me, but I do LOVE the way it fits you on top!!

You still have plenty of time to shop for dresses! I now consider myself lucky that I found/bought my *dream dress* a week and five days after the proposal!! Trust me that in time you will find your dress, and it will be wonderful!

Good Luck girl!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ebree! It is really close, but it''s an A-line and one of my favorite parts was the ballgown skirt on the demetrios one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results