shape
carat
color
clarity

I tried on dresses today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
awe thanks everyone! I went again today with my MOH (Yay to having a MOH!) and found two more that I really liked at David''s Bridal. I''ll post the pics some time tomorrow. I need to spend some quality time with FI since I haven''t seen him in more than 24 hrs! My MOH lives 4.5 hrs away and I drove there so we could try on dresses together (she got engaged 6 days before me!)

Splitshank, I''m actually not tall at all! In fact, FI, who is 6''1", loves to tease me that my 5''5" makes me very short
1.gif
, but yay to looking tall!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2006 11:41:39 PM
Author: robbie3982
awe thanks everyone! I went again today with my MOH (Yay to having a MOH!) and found two more that I really liked at David''s Bridal. I''ll post the pics some time tomorrow. I need to spend some quality time with FI since I haven''t seen him in more than 24 hrs! My MOH lives 4.5 hrs away and I drove there so we could try on dresses together (she got engaged 6 days before me!)

Splitshank, I''m actually not tall at all! In fact, FI, who is 6''1'', loves to tease me that my 5''5'' makes me very short
1.gif
, but yay to looking tall!
Hahaha!!! 5''5 for a woman is not short...at least not IMO!!

I''m 5''1...
31.gif
But hey...I like it..and so does my FI.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the cut of number one on you alot. I like the way the cut outs look in the pics... but I'm not sure I'd like them in person. The bodice is by far the nicest, IMO. Can you get it with a plainer skirt? Some designers will let you do that.

The second one... I just think it really ovewhelms you. It's a big dress with a lot going on... and your SUCH a pretty girl, that this detracts from YOU. And well... I don't think a dress should do that. It should compliment, not compete...and this one competes.

Three is well... very ordinary. No.

Four... No.

Five... I think yoour figure is MADE for dropped waist cuts... I don't like the natural waist on you as much at all. So I agree 100% with what you wrote.

Actually the scalloped one's lines are the BEST for you... you look as delicate and as curvy as you are... it has a great dropped waist. And I like the neckline on you a lot. A sweetheart neckline or a softly dipped neckline are great on you-- though i know you said you don't care for them.

The last gown. I like dropped waist, defined waist line gowns on you best for your figure. This one is flattering and pretty... but I think that the other cuts... dropped waist A line with a curved neckline (like the first bodice)... look best on you.

ETA: CRAP. that was just based on the first round. I just saw the second round... and WOW! I saw a couple on there I LOVED -- LOVED I SAY-- On you. Hold on... gonna go check it out now.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay... from round two... I like dresses 2 and 3. 2 is the one that made my eyes pop out of my head though. It just looks amazing on you. And your waist in that is TINY.... It''s a STUNNER.

BUT the third one is a very beautiful dress that looks gorgeous on you. And it is very romantic. It''s a softer look than number two.

If I had to pick one it would be number 2 though. You could stop traffic in that one. Who makes it BTW?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I think all the dresses from day 2 are Jasmine. I'm sure 2 and 3 are at least.

ETA: Actually, if I remember correctly, 2 is Jasmine Couture (or Haute Couture?)

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ok ladies, it's time for round 3's pics! There were two that I really liked and they're a bit similiar to the styles that I loved on the first day. I think this first one needs a fuller slip. I was wearing the least full one that they had at the time:

ETA: My contacts were bothering me that day, hence the glasses.

dresses-with-jess-005.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
There''s actually detailing on the bottom of the train like there is on the bottom of the dress, but I don''t think it''s really visible in this pic:

dresses-with-jess-006.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
And here''s one with a veil because I''ve recently discovered I LOVE VEILS!!!

dresses-with-jess-008.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
And here''s dress #2 which I also love:

dresses-with-jess-017.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
with a veil:

dresses-with-jess-018.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
This dress didn''t have a train, but you can also order it with one:

dresses-with-jess-019.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
And here''s one more with my arms out of the way that shows just how poofy it really is:

dresses-with-jess-021.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
# 2 from the 2nd round ... NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. I think it''s perfecto on you & no need to keep looking!

Though I''ll happily keep lookin at pix!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 8:48:24 AM
Author: decodelighted
# 2 from the 2nd round ... NO DOUBT IN MY MIND. I think it''s perfecto on you & no need to keep looking!
I mean SERIOUSLY ... this dress is so sexy I named the picture "The Sexy Dress" ... it''s classy & bridal & lovely but has a VA VA VOOM betty boop quality that will leave your husband to be slack jawed & drooling at the alter.

Can''t do better than that!
3.gif

thesexydress.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Awe thanks Deco! I think you might be right...The more I look at the pictures, the more I love it. My mom just might have to make a trip out to Ohio in the near future! I really feel like that one is so different (I''m starting to feel like most stores have EXACTLY the same dressese as eachother) and has just the right amount of poof. I also love that I love it even though I''m not even wearing a slip OR A BRA in that picture. I find any type of strapless to be so uncomfortable. The only thing I really like about the bustierre (no idea how to spell that...) style is that it forces me to sit up straight.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 8:55:05 AM
I really feel like that one is so different (I''m starting to feel like most stores have EXACTLY the same dressese as eachother)
Totally! It really has a *couture* kind of quality to the lines ... looks EXPENSIVE. Also love that it''s more W-O-M-A-N than "princess-for-a-day", ya know?

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I know exactly what you mean! I think that''s what I love about it too! I love the ball gown style, but the tulle is feeling like that whole "princess for a day thing" and I''m just not a fan of the all satin ball gown on me. I don''t think I even looked at the price tag on this dress when I was in the store. I sure hope it doesn''t come at a couture price!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
It''s been interesting to follow this thread because I haven''t gone to try on dresses yet and probably won''t until the end of the year, so I have no idea what they''ll look like on me... but seeing you with your perfect figure and itty bitty waist look so different in all the dresses... it''s amazing. #2 from the second round is YOUR dress. Better go back and look at the price tag! The ones from the third day just don''t appeal... it''s funny how the corset-like one actually makes you look thick. I don''t know how that''s possible. It just sort of sits wrong. I think it was Gypsy who said you were made for drop-waist dresses... I totally agree! You want to accentuate that awesome figure, and #2 from the second day, does it unbelievably well. Go buy it!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
OMG I really think #2 is THE dress. I'm going shopping with my mom in Pittsburgh this weekend, but hopefully they'll either have that dress at one of the stores we go to, or I'll get her to come out here to shop with me. I just looked it up online and IT'S NOT IN THE COUTURE COLLECTION!!! I'm soooo happy about that. The ones in the couture collection started at $1000 I think. The others were around $700 if I remember correctly. Definitely more than I was hoping to pay, but for this dress, I just might!

ETA: Sum, I think you're right about some of them thickening my waist. I think it has a bit more to do with whether or not I was wearing the bustier (still can't spell this) or not. They just don't seem to hug my curves with the boning placed as it is.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Holy crap! That''s the same dress?
It''s looks far far better on you and all your pretty curves than on the model. I''m not sure I would have recognised it. I think you should go for it, $700 is pretty good for a bridal gown, and it''s lovely on you!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2006 9:37:09 AM
Here's the pic from the website of what is definitely my favorite dress right now. You can see the train much better. http://www.jasminebridal.com/html/web2/jasmine_mpc.asp
HA!!! Girl, it MUST be your dress ... 'cause it looks better on YOU than the model! Great price point for style like that too if it is under 1K .. $700 would be
6.gif
18.gif

ETA: I'd really consider a touseled, sexy, messy red-carpet style 1/2 up, 1/2 down hairstyle with that gown. You have the gorgeous curls for it!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I just went through the whole thread for the first time and for each dress I thought, "this is pretty but just not quiiite perfect" until I saw dress #2 from batch two where I thought "WOWW!!!!" So so so glad to hear that''s the one you''re planning to get now, it looks sooooo amazing on you (I agree - way better on you than on the model!) and is so beautiful and classy yet unique and interesting - TOTALLY PERFECT!!!!
9.gif
Take more pictures at the salon with your mom if you can and BUY THAT SUCKER right now!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Mercoledi! I''m not sure of the price, but I''m hoping it''s no more than $700. The other ones in this collection that I liked seemed to be around that price if I remember correctly.

Deco, that''s EXACTLY how I''ve always wanted my hair to be for my wedding!

Albi, I just hope that my mom loves the dress as much in person as I do. Yay for the dress!
9.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I looked up stores that carry the line in PA (where my parents live) and there''s one in my home town! They have the dress in stock and I made an appointment for 10 am tomorrow! I asked how much it was and it''s $1199 there! Definitely more than I thought. So, I called the place here that I found it at and guess how much...

$875!!!! AND THAT INCLUDES ALTERATIONS!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
SCORE! That''s awesome! You get to try on the dress w/your mom & SAVE DOUGH. Normally I''d be like ... maybe you can find it online somewhere ... but INCLUDING ALTERATIONS ... & having a local contact & place to go & do fittings etc ... I doubt the "online" savings would be worth more than THAT! Plus there''s no risk you''re *actually* getting a knock-off or something (which I''m always wary of on online bridal clearinghouse dealies)

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
YAYYYYY!!!
36.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!!!! I''m so thrilled!!! That''s awesome! And seriously, you should send them a picture of yourself in that dress... you''re a much better model!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! Oh I'm so glad you are getting that gown!

Erm... did you bargain with them on the price? You can you know. Just say... "Can you do better on the price?" Most of the shops that were not serious highend designer shops had some haggling room when I asked.

Oh and it includes alterations. Well, I'd still ask for a better price. Um... there is a place here that says they include alterations... and they do... but only to the bodice (read the fine print)... they don't include hems and bustles in that price... which is ridiculous, but well... ask to make sure when your shop says all alterations they mean it.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
yeah.. I agree with everyone else.. that is definitely your dress! Soo pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results