shape
carat
color
clarity

I thought the people here would be helpful

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mjdavan3

Rough_Rock
I posted a message with the specifications of a yellow diamond and I asked if anyone could give me an idea of what it''s worth. Over 70 people have looked at it, but nobody will respond, not even with a step in the right direction. I realize it''s my first post and all, but geez. Can anyone at least tell me of a sight where I can find some answers?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
well--i for one know nothing worth saying! however--i got great advice when i was looking for some idea of price. plug yuor specs into the pricescope search keeping them as close to yours as possible--whatever comes up scrutinze for the closest match. it really is the best way to assess the current market price for somthing

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loked at the other thread sorry cant help you.
It is entirely possible that no one here can.
1> its a yellow and there are so many intricate variables there that without seeing the stone or cert its impossible for even an appraiser to say much.

2> no one here that is an appraiser knows what the german market is so cant tell you what to expect.

My advice find an appraiser close to you.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2004 5:35:14 PM
Author:mjdavan3
I posted a message with the specifications of a yellow diamond and I asked if anyone could give me an idea of what it's worth. Over 70 people have looked at it, but nobody will respond, not even with a step in the right direction. I realize it's my first post and all, but geez. Can anyone at least tell me of a sight where I can find some answers?

Just about every post gets answered here if the question can be answered. Since nobody responded it's highly likely that those who read your post (me included) have NO knowledge of the German diamond market. We're talking a used/previously owned diamond, which has an entirely different resale price than a "new" diamond and also you questioned us about a market outside where the majority of us live so we can't provide much info. The only bit of info I can provide is that the diamond will go for a lot less than the price for diamond of comparitive value found in a store or online.

Do a google search and see what you can specifically find out

2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Garry answered on the other tread... perhaps the answer is not very encouraging, but this is another issue. Your Q is hard.

One way to determine what a diamond may be worth would be to shop around and look what similar goods are priced at. It can''t hurt... The Pricescope search does not deal with fancy yellow, but fancy yellow diamonds are listed on other sites often cited aorund here (diamondsbylauren, fancydiamonds, dirtcheapdiamonds... oters too perhaps).

We do not know how yellow your princess cut is (fancy light? fancy yellow? something else?). This would make a difference, of course - but you will find reference for each options anyway.

No idea about contacts in Germany though. And the price you will be able to trade in or sell this diamond (or any diamond) for is going to be a fraction of the retail price.

Is there a lab report for this diamond ? IGI perhaps ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results