shape
carat
color
clarity

I need your help finding a round lab diamond! :)

DiaDan

Rough_Rock
I read up on what the ideal specs should be and stuff but I think I could use the power of all the experts in here to point me in the right direction. What I'm looking for is a round lab diamond anywhere from 1.00 to 1.20 ct (it's going on a solitaire size 4 ring so don't want it to look like a costume ring). I am ok with going with VVS1 VVS2, IF, and preferably D. Any suggestions?

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Hi!
Ask the administrator to move your thread in the Lab Grown Diamonds forum.
:wavey:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

DiaDan

Rough_Rock

DiaDan

Rough_Rock

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! What does it mean when you look at a diamond image and some of the arrows are dark and other are more gray?

That is most likely the photography set-up.

DiaDan

Rough_Rock
Do you have a report number?

I do but I'm worried they will get snatched up. Is it possible to directly message someone here?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do but I'm worried they will get snatched up. Is it possible to directly message someone here?

There's no DM on this forum. Can you post all the proportions and growth method?

DiaDan

Rough_Rock
It looks quite good overall. There are a couple areas under the table where I'd want to see an ASET image to confirm no leakage.

Unfortunately I'm not sure ASET images are available.

DiaDan

Rough_Rock
It looks quite good overall. There are a couple areas under the table where I'd want to see an ASET image to confirm no leakage.

What about this diamond? I see a couple of strange markings in the bottom right of the diamond looking through the table. One of them is pretty big and the other is above it but small. This diamond is supposed to be IF and the cert says nothing about these two things.

weird.JPG

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about this diamond? I see a couple of strange markings in the bottom right of the diamond looking through the table. One of them is pretty big and the other is above it but small. This diamond is supposed to be IF and the cert says nothing about these two things.

weird.JPG

If it's IF, it's probably debris or a reflection. This diamond isn't very precisely cut, though.

DiaDan

Rough_Rock
If it's IF, it's probably debris or a reflection. This diamond isn't very precisely cut, though.

Because the arrows look off? This diamond has the H&A symbol on the IGI report.

I'll keep looking.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because the arrows look off? This diamond has the H&A symbol on the IGI report.

I'll keep looking.

The black areas between the base of the arrows indicate an unevenly cut pavilion.

DiaDan

Rough_Rock
The black areas between the base of the arrows indicate an unevenly cut pavilion.

I totally see how the base of the arrows looks wonky, now that you pointed it out.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
That’s perfectly normal when the diamond is tilted. It’s only concerning when that shows up when the diamond is not tilted.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s perfectly normal when the diamond is tilted. It’s only concerning when that shows up when the diamond is not tilted.

Ditto 0-0-0.

When you center the stone in the video, those areas are no longer there. I like the proportions a lot as well.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is a good one to consider getting? HCA was like 1.4 on this

Definitely worth bringing in to view in person or try to get an ASET image.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results